Lua Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lua Error

I looked through the first 2 pages of posts and didn't see this anywhere. So either I'm missing it and mis-posting (sorry!), or the problem is just me, but maybe you can help anyway. I updated my guide again about 15 mins ago, but I've been getting this error for a couple of days now. Any thoughts? (I don't know why the error is referencing the Cata trial?)

Date: 2012-10-04 17:45:53
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: ...\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\Professions\ZygorProf essionsHordeCATATrial.lua line 1720:
    unexpected symbol near ']'
    Debug:
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    AddOns:
    Swatter, v3.3.0 (<%codename%>)
    Ace3, v
    AckisRecipeList, v2.4.1
    Altoholic, v5.0.001d
    Archy, v1.8.31a
    Arh, v0.93
    Astrolabe, v1.0
    Auctionator, v3.0.5
    BagBrother, v
    Bagnon, v5.0.4
    BagnonForever, v
    BagnonTooltips, v
    Bartender4, v4.5.5
    BrokerCurrency, v5.0.4-1.2.10
    BrokerEverything, v5.0.4.6
    BrokerEverythingConfig, v0.4
    BrokerPitch, v1.2.1
    Chinchilla, vv2.5.7
    ChocolateBar, vv2.2.6
    Clique, vv50001-1.0.1
    DataStore, v5.0.001
    DataStoreAchievements, v5.0.001
    DataStoreAgenda, v5.0.001
    DataStoreAuctions, v5.0.001
    DataStoreCharacters, v5.0.001
    DataStoreContainers, v5.0.001
    DataStoreCrafts, v5.0.001
    DataStoreCurrencies, v5.0.001
    DataStoreInventory, v5.0.001
    DataStoreMails, v5.0.001
    DataStorePets, v5.0.001
    DataStoreQuests, v5.0.001
    DataStoreReputations, v5.0.001
    DataStoreSpells, v5.0.001
    DataStoreStats, v5.0.001
    DataStoreTalents, v5.0.001
    DBMCore, v
    Decursive, v2.7.2
    Fizzle, vv1.5.5
    GatherMate2, v1.20
    ItemRack, v
    MinimapButtonFrame, v3.1.9
    MinimapButtonFrameSkinPack, v3.0.1
    Molinari, v50001.22-Beta
    MonkeySpeed, vv3.1.0
    Postal, v3.5.0
    Recount, v
    RecountThreat, v
    SellOMatic2, va049-2
    SellOMatic2Destroy, va049-2
    SellOMatic2Item, va049-2
    SellOMatic2List, va049-2
    ShadowedUnitFrames, vv3.5.10
    SilverDragon, vv3.0
    SunnArt, v3.61
    SunnArtPack1, v1.10
    SunnArtPack2, v1.10
    SunnArtPack3, v1.10
    SunnArtPack4, v1.10
    SunnArtPack5, v1.10
    WIM, v3.6.1
    ZygorGuidesViewer, v4.0
    BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.0.5.50001 <us>
    (ck=5f5)

Wow, we fixed that one last week.

Try exiting WoW, run the Updater, click the Repair button, then Refresh and it should now show no guide version installed. At this point log into WoW quick (do not click the Install button on the Updater) to verify that there is no guides installed. If you do still have guides installed then it means your Updater is installing to the wrong location. If there are no guides installed then exit WoW and install the guides with the Updater.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm getting this one and it won't let me close the lua error window as the timer line at the top keeps going up incrementally:

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:292: attempt to index field 'Popup' (a nil value)
      Time: 10/06/12 14:37:16
      Count: 68
      Stack: (tail call): ?
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:292: in function `AdvertiseWithPopup'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1024: in function `MaybeSuggestNextGuide'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1002: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:886>
      [C]: ?
      [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
      ...rface\AddOns\Omen\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:164: in function <...rface\AddOns\Omen\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:138>

Locals: <none>

After disabling a number of my addons like Omen and Recount, it was still doing it. Since I had just leveled (83-84), I decided to manually change questing area and it went back to acting normally.

Comment

Try the following.

1. Exit Wow
        2. Go to WoW/Interface/AddOns and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
        3. Go to WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables and delete any Zygor files in there
        4. Run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guides

Comment

Cabby, I think this one is related to the popup windows. It seems the devs have worked on them to get rid of the problem of the overlapping gear and suggest windows but forgot to change some window reference.
          I too saw this error today whenever the window to suggest a new zone should have come up.
          I'll try tomorrow with deleting the saved variables file, the guide itself is a clean install.

Comment

Deleting the SavedVariables file seems to have worked for others so maybe it's some kind of option reference that's causing it.

Comment

Maybe at first it looks like it fixes it.
              But I am able to reproduce the error on a totally clean WoW, all addons except Zygor guide disabled, Zygor settings file deleted, new guide install with version 5174.
              Level 14 Goblin, never was anywhere else than the Goblin starting zone, loading Azshara 10-12 guide shows the error because the guide viewer immediately wants to suggest to got to the 12-20 guide.
              I looked at the files and there have been major changes to the popup asking to switch to the next guide. I think the reference to that function in the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua does not match the new code in the Goal.lua. But my LUA knowledge is not good enough to see what is wrong.

BTW; turning off "popup guide suggestions" in the settings solves the problem. But then you won't get asked to go to the next guide when you are ahead.

Comment

This should be fixed now with the update that was just pushed. Can you confirm this Cartman?

Comment

The error message is gone but I no popup suggestion comes up when selecting the guide or on /reload.
                  Looks like I need to quest for it to show up, I'll report back later when I continue leveling my Monk...

Comment

OK, no error and popup as expected. Thanks for the quick fix.

Comment

Working...
                    X