Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Like they finally came to their senses:

Hi everyone!

As you know, we take player feedback very seriously and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of our Free-to-Play transition.

When Game Update 1.5 was on PTS, we heard your feedback and increased Quickbars for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the Cartel Coin temporary bind.

We want to let you know that we are constantly listening to you folks, and we’ve heard your feedback regarding limited Quickbars for Preferred Status Players.

This is why, after an upcoming patch that is scheduled for next week, Preferred Status Players will be given two additional Quickbars (for a total of four) that will immediately improve their gameplay experience.

We’ll have more details for you – including information for Preferred Status Players that have already purchased extra Quickbars - once the change goes live.

Thanks again for your feedback and please continue to provide it for us!
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So as soon as that is live I'll start playing SWTOR again.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Interesting!

I just found out that F2P and Preferred players can't post on the SWTOR forums. Was going to post thanks for the change and I got this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
        So you can't even write for Support in the Support Forums either maybe.

EDIT:
        I've submitted a Ticket on the Contact Customer Service Form just to see if this was a issue or if they made it like this.
        Last edited by chaos5061; November 27, 2012, 09:13 PM. Reason: More Info
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So I knew the Customer Support was bad but to give me a answer totally unrelated to my question? o.O

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered with your account.

Please be advised that in order to progress past Level 15 on a character, you must attach (and validate) an email address to your game account.

If you have previously registered your current email address on our website at www.swtor.com or used it to play a free trial of Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ in the past; then you can use the password reset option to retrieve your old registration information. To reset your password, please go to www.swtor.com, click on LOG IN at the top right of the screen and then click on the “Forgot your swtor.com password?” link below the password entry box.

If you do not wish to use a previously registered account, you can simply register using a different email address.

If you encounter any problems accessing the game or your account then please contact our Technical Support or Account & Billing teams toll-free over the phone by calling the numbers listed below:

* USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)
          * UK, Germany, France: 00800 0246 9273 (008000 BIOWARE)
          * Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)

Please note: Calls made from landlines are toll-free, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to charges from your provider.

For calls originating from countries not listed above, please call the following number: +442035642555

Please replace the '+' at the beginning of the number with the international call prefix for your country (for example, the prefix for European Union countries is '00', so the number to call would be 0044 2035642555.) If you are unsure of the international call prefix for the country you are calling from, we recommend contacting your telecommunications service provider. Please note that you may be charged by your provider for making an international phone call, and charges may be based on the country from which you place the call.

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

How far downhill has SWTOR gone so far? I bought the standard version and played for less than 6 months. I logged in about a month ago and I think there might have been one other player on the whole server.
            Krozthor

Comment

They've gone pretty far. I will play as soon as that update hits tomorrow that lets preferred status players have 4 action bars back. But I didn't even know that quest rewards are now scaled down depending on if your a sub or not. I may just say screw it and uninstall if I don't enjoy myself. I did write in again about not being able to post in the forums got the same exact response back.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So here we go. Prices to get as close to a subscription without having a subscription:
                NOTE: THIS IS GOING STRAIGHT FROM F2P to PREFERRED STATUS.
                1. Display Legacy Name Account Wide 200 CC
                2. Unify Colors Account Wide 775 CC
                3. Display Titles Account Wide 200 CC
                4. Crew Skill Slot Account Wide 945 CC
                5. Event Equipment Requisition Account Wide 400 CC
                6. Artifact Equipment Account Wide 2700 CC
                7. Crew Member Appearance Account Wide 725 CC
                8. Total CC needed is 5945 CC

USD to CC Conversion needed is:
                5500 CC for $39.99 this is without tax.
                5945 CC - 5500 CC = 445 CC

Now you can buy another 5500 CC and have some more left over to spend. That would be:
                5500 CC - 445 CC = 5055 CC Now this will leave you with a ton of CC to spend of other things if you want.

But if you want to spend the least amount of money it would be:
                450 CC for $4.99 this is without tax.
                450 CC - 445 CC = 5 CC

So lets review:
                1. 180 day Subscription is $77.94 this is without tax.
                2. 2 CC purchases of 5500 CC for $39.99 which is $79.98 this is without tax.
                3. A purchase of 5500 CC + 450 CC for $39.99 + $4.99 = $44.98 this is without tax.

Now a couple of notes about this.
                Limits that will stay if you don't go Sub are as follows:
                1. Money Limit 350,000 Credits and Receive less Commendations
                2. No Rest XP and Less XP Gain for anything you do.
                3. Vendor Items will cost more
                4. Mounts are at the old level to unlock to use them Subs are 5 levels less.
                5. Now this is something I'm not totally sure about. The Race limitation on character creations is supposed to be 3 but you maybe able to purchase the race from the CC Market and be able to use it but that could be a Legacy only thing also so it may not work. It's real iffy on the wording.
                6. Can send only One attachment email and never credits.
                7. Resetting Skill Tree probably cost the same as the old did Subs now have no cost.
                8. Now none of this includes the cost of expanding the bag space or buying extra cargo hold tabs. But if you want to do that then you have to spend CC and can't use credits like Subs can.
                9. Valor the ranking system for PvP also take longer to raise.
                10. Limit to 6 character creation slots.
                11. Removing Mods for Equipment costs more.
                12. Putting in Mods cost more
                13. Web Customer Service support FAQ's and Access to Knowledge Base articles only. That means no support in game or posting at all on any of the forums.

Any questions about this ask and I'll try to help as best as I can.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                X