Mining Guide Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining Guide Issue.

I did not see this when I searched so I figured I should post it here.

I was flying around Western Wastes for the 125-225 portion of the guide. I got 175 and it skipped all the way to train master mining. Which is not available till sometime in the 200s (I believe 275). So I am having to back track to the booty bay portion of the guide in order to get to the right spot.

This is at step 16 that it skips ahead.

I was just looking in the guide file and I don't see anything wrong in there. We have a new update just released today for the guides, which version of the guides are you using?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The latest as of today. I launch the game through the Zygor updater.

Comment

Ok, I think I found the problem. It looks like there might be some labels missing and once you hit 175 farming in Western Plaguelands instead of moving you to Ungoro Crater to mine up to 275 it just skips to the next section. Will get this into the bug listing to get it fixed. The Horde guide also has a bad label in this section.

A simple solution for you right now is to go to Ungoro Crater and just run around the outside ring watching for ore. Most of it in there is along the rocky outside of the crater. Do that until you hit 275 and then you should be good for following the rest of the guide.

Comment

Regular, should I be doing the smelting+mining?

Comment

Haha, I was editing my last post. Check it out quick.

Comment

*grin* Thanks Cabby. I was typing this and doing what I said then scrolled up. I appreciate you taking a look at this for me. I will head out to Ungoro Crater then. Thanks.

Checked the guide. I want to mine and not buy so it looks like mining + smelting is the one I don't want to do. Because it is only telling me to go buy then smelt the stuff.

this is what is happening from step one.

Step one indicates my skill level and says to click here to proceed.
              My skill level is currently 203.
              I click here to proceed and it jumps up to 350-425 at step 33.
              This is where it tells me to talk to Gelman Stonehand and learn Grandmaster Miner skill, Smelt Adamantite, Smelt Cobalt, Smelt Eternium and Smelt Felsteel.

I am going to log out and attempt a repair and see if that fixes this. It is jumping far past my skill level, so it's getting kind of annoying. Today is the first time I have tried using the professions guide to level my Herbalism and Mining skills. So I have no frame of reference to know if this is new from today's patch or something that has been going on.

I will update this thread after I test things from a repaired install.

Edit: I did the repair and it is still jumping way too far ahead in the mining guide. I am also going to look at the gathering guide and see if it is doing the same stuff.

Comment

Here's what you can do to perform a temporary fix for your Alliance mining guide.

1. Navigate to the WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder and open the ZygorProfessionsAlliance.lua file with your favorite text editor.
                2. Search for title + Mining 125-225
                3. 7 lines below that you should see 'Skipping next part of farming |next "+exit" |only if step:Find("+farming"):IsComplete()
                4. Change this to 'Skipping next part of farming |next "+farm2" |only if step:Find("+farming"):IsComplete()
                5. Now scroll down about 20 lines, after all of the path lines you'll see a #include line, then a skill Mining,175 line, then step, then #include "hearth_hub"
                6. Between that step and #include "hearth_hub" line add a line that says label "farm2"
                7. Save the file and it should start to work properly again.

Comment

I did that it is still doing as posted earlier. I am doing as you suggested. Also I am stepping through the guide by CTRL+ALT as I saw mentioned earlier in another thread, doing this will step through the guide without it auto advancing. Hopefully once I hit 225 everything will work correctly again.

If you have any more suggestions I will continue to refresh this thread and try whatever you suggest.

Comment

Stepping through the guide the way I did and reaching 275 so far seems to have been a good work around until the bug gets squashed. Though since I am working on both Herbalism and Mining I won't know for sure until I switch back to mining. I am doing them almost simultaneously. At any rate, Cabby I think I am back on track and very much appreciate your help on this.

Comment

i am now 175 but and it tells me to go to Ungoro Crater but i need to be 200 to mine any ting here what shal i do?
                      If they can blame guns for killing people, I can blame my keyboard for mispelled words.

Comment

You should be able to find Mithril Deposits in there that you can mine and then at 200 you can start hitting the Thorium. If all you're finding is Thorium then it's just a bit of bad luck. Your best bet since you're in Ungoro would be to hit up Thousand Needles as that place is loaded with Mithril and can get you to 200 pretty quick, especially if you have a flying mount.

Comment

This is STILL an issue - It jumps from and says:

Mining 125-275
                          Skipping next part of farming.
                          Proceeding to farm.

Then Hearth to Trade... etc

This is very annoying because you have to travel so far to get the ore etc, and never get just the right amount.

parts 16, 17, 18 and 19 are affected

Comment

had the same problem.

and Ungoro crater seems to have nothing but thorium.. thousand needles doesn't have that much mithril, but it's better than flying for hours

Another site seems to think that Felwood is very good for Mithril, and it's close to Winterspring for Thorium as the next step. I'm going to try that and compare the two.

Comment

Working...
                            X