No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylvari and Asura will not be playable in BWE2.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Probably not the best thing you've ever seen but I made a youtube video showing my Guild Wars 2 Desktop Theme:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

If you haven't updated the client today do so. Big Patch.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Patch is around: 4.5 GB and my folder is a total size of: 15.1 GB.

They must have optimized some and had it delete old files. Because my old was 12.67 and if I add that to 4.5 the I would get 17.1 not 15.1.

Hope that means smoother running.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Another patch is available. Size: 173 MB Folder size: 15.4 GB.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

It’s almost here—the second Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event begins this Friday! For three days, players from all over the world will experience the wonders and dangers of Tyria—and a ton of cool new content!
              Keep Your Characters!
              Or create new human, norn, or charr characters and start a whole new story. Since players will be able to play with their existing characters from the first Beta Weekend Event, they can experience some of the new higher level content.
              Enter the Catacombs (Explorable Mode)
              Looking for a real challenge? Try out the explorable mode of the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon for groups of ambitious level 35+ players. The tough explorable mode of the Catacombs presents a party with three different paths through the dungeon, each with its own dangers and rewards. Enter if you dare!
              Visit Lovely Gendarran Fields
              We’ve opened up a new map, Gendarran Fields, for players to explore. A level 25 to 35 map just outside Lion’s Arch, Gendarran Fields is a picturesque area of pine trees and rolling hills, teeming with wild beasts and bandit gangs.
              Unlock the Mysteries of the Mystic Forge
              On a less dangerous note, the Mystic Forge has arrived in Lion’s Arch. This strange forge actually holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer the Mystic Forge gifts (like unneeded items and weapons), you will receive a gift in return. Got a pair of pistols that you don’t need? Drop them in the Mystic Forge and see what Zommoros gives you in exchange!
              Expanded World vs. World
              Once again, the Mists will echo with the sound of combat as we open up World vs. World for the weekend. As usual, massive armies of players from different servers will battle for supremacy on four huge maps, but this time we’ve added a couple of interesting new twists.
              Players can now take their WvW battle underground in a new “mini dungeon” beneath the central map. This brand-new subterranean level is full of tricks and traps that can be used against enemy players, and is home to the aptly named Dark Room, which players will have to see (or not) to believe.
              We’ve also added skill challenges, dynamic events, and even jump puzzles to the WvW maps. Why are these PvE elements being integrated into WvW gameplay? “We want to make the transition from PvE to World vs. World easy and natural for players,” says developer Matt Witter. “We always wanted additional meaningful content on the WvW maps so that players will always have something to do, even if the frontline of battle is far away.”
              New Automated Player vs. Player Tournaments and More
              For this beta, we’re introducing Automated PvP Tournaments. Each tournament pits eight teams of five players against each other. Teams that excel during the three-round, single-elimination tournament are rewarded with tournament chests full of valuable loot.
              The PvP reward system has also been greatly improved with the creation of a two-tier reward structure that involves Glory and Rank. Put simply, Glory is a currency that players can spend to unlock reward chests stuffed with useful loot, while Rank is a measurement of your success in PvP. You’ll receive valuable reward chests as you climb in Rank.
              Combat— “A Sense of Hitting”
              Combat in Guild Wars 2 is more visceral than ever. We’re constantly making improvements to the entire combat experience—better timing, enhanced sound design, subtle camera shakes—to enhance what designer Jon Peters likes to call “the sense of hitting.”
              Improved Overflow Servers
              We listened to a lot of the input we received from players regarding their experience with overflow servers in the first Beta Weekend Event, and we’ve implemented a new party UI that tells you when party members are on a different overflow world. We’ve also given party members the ability to fast travel to overflow worlds where other members of their party are located, and we’ve made it easier to keep party members together when moving between maps. It’s all designed to give you as smooth an experience as possible.
              Improved Chat
              Communication in general has been greatly improved, as well. We’re adding the much-requested chat bubbles, as well as map chat and an updated local chat function, both of which make it easier to communicate with other players.
              New Key-Binding Feature
              This is one of our most requested features. For those who want to customize their gameplay experience, we’re introducing a new, easy-to-use key-binding interface, which now allows you to bind modifier keys.
              UI Improvements
              MMO players are often very particular about their user interface, and we’re no exception. We’ve listened to your feedback and have refined our UI to make it even easier to use. We’ve revamped the mini-map in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The formerly round mini-map is now square and can easily be resized for better navigation.
              UI Artist Vicki Ebberts says, “Little adjustments, like making the map resizable or wrapping the dodge meter around the top of the health bubble, may not seem like a big deal at first, but over the course of many hours spent playing a game, you start to appreciate a well-designed interface.”
              Tiers for Skills
              We’ve organized each profession’s elite and utility skills into three different tiers, or levels. When you get enough skills in one tier, you unlock the next level of skills. Why the change from the previous model, which let players choose from all the available skills at once?
              “The tier system gives players both a sense of progression and accomplishment,” says Lead Designer Eric Flannum. “It encourages them to experiment with different skills as they increase in power, and it avoids overwhelming new players with a huge list of skills to choose from.”
              “Plus,” Flannum adds, “the tier system is more scalable and expandable. We can more easily add new skills in the future with this system.”
              The Gem Store is under New Management
              The Black Lion Trading Company out of Lion’s Arch has officially taken over operation of the Gem Store, Currency Exchange, and Trading Post. Its new owner’s first action was to completely overhaul the Gem Store.
              As a result, the all-new Gem Store is easier to use and has a greater variety of items, from the decorative—like dye packs and costumes—to the whimsical—like the Box o’ Fun, which spawns a chest that applies random crazy effects to everyone who touches it. Each beta player will receive 500 free gems on their account, so do a little shopping on us!
              In Closing…
              There’s no shortage of things to see and do during our second Beta Weekend Event, and this is just a small sample of what awaits you when you log in.
              We’ll see you in-game from Friday, June 8th, at noon PDT (GMT-7) until Sunday, June 10th, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Updating the client it keeps crashing. Did big patch yesterday. One this morning.This one tonight keeps crashing on last 4 files. Keep trying and eventually got to 1 file remaining and keeps crashing when it gets to 5 MB. No fix yet.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

There are 2 things you can do to fix that problem.
                  1: Close the launcher if open. Go to the GW2 Beta folder and delete GW2.tmp and chrome.txt this may work for you and it may not.

2: This is what worked for me if you had that problem. Close the launcher if you have it opened. Go to the Guild Wars 2 Beta folder and rename the GW2.dat file to GW2.old. Now this will make you redownload the whole .dat file. Which is practically the whole game around 206,000 files according to the launcher. These are the only ways I found to get this to work.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Quick not about number 2. You may get a Download Failed Try Again. Just close the launcher and reopen it after a minute and it will pick up downloading where it left off.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Another 47MB download today.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

There was another patch about 15 minutes ago. It's around 60MB.

A interesting note about redownloading the .dat file. My folder size is 13.6 GB. My old .dat file is 15.4 GB. My new one is 13.6 GB. My version of GW2 is 14,415 which is the newest version so I'm not missing anything. Seems if you want a cleaner install then delete and repatch the .dat file. But be warned that doing this will take a long time. It is the file where all the game info is.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

With the second Beta Weekend Event almost upon us (June 8-10), it’s time that you and your friends start planning on which world you want to play. I’m here to help!If this is your first Beta Weekend Event, you’ll have the opportunity to pick any available server, or home world, when you log in for the first time. If you choose a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region. All of the characters you create will play on whichever home world you select, and they’ll fight for that world in our World vs. World format.If you played in our first Beta Weekend Event, you will already have an existing home world. We’ll have a lot more players participating in this second beta, so you may want to change your home world so you can play together with your friends. Good news, everyone! World transfers will be free of charge on June 8 from Noon PDT (GMT -7) until 6PM PDT (GMT -7) on June 9. After this point, a world transfer will cost 1800 gems with a limit of one transfer every 7 days.
                          What if you need a server transfer after the free grace period expires?Every beta player will get 500 free gems automatically, and you can get 2000 free gems by entering a valid credit card in the Gem Store. You will not be charged, but your credit card company might place a $1 hold charge on your account. Don’t worry; it’s not an actual charge!So make sure you have enough snacks, soft drinks, and a comfortable chair, because it’s going to be a full weekend of awesomeness. Brace yourself – BWE2 is coming!Here’s a list of worlds that will be available during the Beta Weekend Event:
                          US Worlds EU Worlds
                          Anvil Rock Kodonur
                          Borlis Pass Gandara
                          Yak’s Bend Blacktide
                          Henge of Denravi Istan
                          Maguuma Vabbi
                          Sorrow’s Furnace Kourna
                          Kaineng Fissure of Woe
                          Jade Quarry Underworld
                          Fort Aspenwood Ring of Fire
                          Ehmry Bay Far Shiverpeaks
                          Ferguson’s Crossing Petrified Forest
                          Darkhaven Gunnar’s Hold
                          Vasburg Olafstead
                          Eredon Terrace Boreal Station
                          Crystal Desert Jaga Moraine
                          Tarnished Coast Umbral Grotto
                          Steamspur Mountains Bjora Marches
                          Blazeridge Mountains Norrhart Domain
                          Isle of Janthir Dragrimmar
                          Sea of Sorrows Grothmar
                          Deldrimor Sacnoth Valley
                          Scavenger’s Causeway Shosa’s Hollow
                          Moladune O’Brien’s Refuge
                          Eternal Grove Longeye’s Ledge
                          Basalt Grotto Mahnkelon
                          Quarrel Falls Lakeside County
                          Sanctum Cay Desolation
                          Nolani Academy Magus Falls
                          Frost Gate Whiteside Ridge
                          Fort Witter Ruins of Surmia
                          Loew’s Point Sharp’s Corner
                          Divinity Coast Aurora Glade
                          The Wilds Elona Reach [DE]
                          Bloodstone Fen Kodash [DE]
                          Eve’s Warren Abaddon’s Mouth [DE]
                          Port Sledge Dzagonur [DE]
                          Sifhalla Riverside [DE]
                          Gate of Madness Dasha [DE]
                          Bearce Falls Nundu Bay [DE]
                          Massey’s Grotto Drakkar Lake [DE]
                          Bauer’s Pass Miller’s Sound [DE]
                          Frazar Lake Augury Rock [FR]
                          Arachnia Plateau Jade Sea [FR]
                          Tanglewood Copse Fort Ranik [FR]
                          Astralarium Vizunah Square [FR]
                          Jaya Bluffs Arborstone [FR]
                          Cavalon Echovald Forest [FR]
                          Seafarer’s Rest Urgoz’s Warren [FR]
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Around another 50 MB patch ready for download. Folder size is still 13.6 GB.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

KNOWN ISSUES: BETA WEEKEND EVENT 2
                              • Crash
                                • The game client may crash when closing.
                              • Events
                                • Diessa Plateau: on rare occasions, the trained skelk may not appear at the start of the “Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill” event, stalling the event.
                                • Queensdale: on occasion, the centaurs encountered during the “Battle for Beetletun” event may become stuck on the sprinklers.
                                • Snowden Drifts: the bridge’s collision may remain in the game world after the bridge has been destroyed.
                                • Wayfarer Foothills: once minotaur morale falls below 30% during the “Drive the stampeding minotaur from Borealis Forest” event, newly spawned minotaur may retain their Determined buff, making them invulnerable, and stalling the event.
                              • Hardware Compatibility
                                • We are currently optimizing Guild Wars 2, making ongoing improvements to the game’s frame rate. Presently, the game is CPU-bound on most high-end systems, so lowering graphics settings or upgrading your video card may not have a large impact on performance.
                                  • On older or lower-end machines, it is recommended that you try disabling reflections to improve frame rate.
                                • Forcing anti-aliasing through AMD Catalyst™ Control Center or AMD VISION™ Engine Control Center typically results in a black screen when playing.
                                • Windows TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) will sometimes restart a user’s graphics drivers if they become unresponsive, resulting in a notification that the graphics driver has been restarted.
                                • Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
                                  • It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.
                                • AMD CrossFire™ and NVIDIA® SLI™ are not currently supported.
                                  • These features should be disabled while running the game.
                                • Enabling NVIDIA 3D VISION® may cause a crash on some systems.
                                  • If you experience a crash while this setting is enabled, it is recommended that you disable it in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
                                • AMD Eyefinity Technology is not officially supported at this time, and players using systems with Eyefinity enabled may encounter problems.
                                  • If you experience issues while using Eyefinity, it is recommended that you disable the feature in the AMD Catalyst Control Center or AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
                              • NPCs
                                • Occasionally, multiple NPCs may overlap with each other while walking.
                                • Interacting with walking NPCs may cause them to stop, disappear, and then reappear at another point in their path.
                              • Personal Story
                                • Party members must be on the same map in order to enter a story instance together.
                                • On rare occasions, a player’s personal story may not progress correctly. Restarting these instances and trying again should allow you to continue.
                                • While progressing through your personal story, some of the recorded audio lines will not match the text that is displayed. This is due to changes made after the lines were originally recorded, and will be corrected in future versions of the game.
                                • Additionally, during your personal story, some of the NPCs will not have accurate (or any) lip-sync animations. This is an additional effect of lines having been changed after they were originally recorded.
                              • Parties
                                • Parties attempting to travel simultaneously to a map that is near capacity may be split between the main map and the overflow map.
                                  • To prevent this from happening, parties should try sending one player ahead to the map first, with the remaining party members following a few seconds later.
                                  • If a party is split when traveling, players can right-click on the portrait of a separated party member and choose “Join in…” to reunite with them. Party members will be unable to travel to the main map if it is full, so players in the main map will need to travel to the overflow map to reunite the party.
                                • Some players may experience issues with the kick feature.
                              • Renown Regions
                                • In some cases, the voiced audio of a scout’s description of nearby renown regions is not played.
                                • Queensdale: on rare occasions, the shell game in the "Support the citizens of Beetletun " renown region may not function correctly.
                              • Skill Challenges
                                • Queensdale: Carnie Jeb’s skill challenge may not reset immediately, causing it to be unavailable to other players for several minutes.
                                • Queensdale: Scout Watchman Rebec points to the wrong area on the world map when describing and guiding players to a skill challenge.
                              • User Interface
                                • Some users may see the Black Lion Trading Company UI panel opened when logging in after having the panel opened when logged in previously.
                              LOCALIZATION KNOWN ISSUES
                              • Audio
                                • About 1% of the French and German audio is missing and will play in English.
                                • Some audio is outdated and will not match the subtitles.
                                • Anytime female player characters address themselves or are addressed by an NPC with nouns like “friend,” “shaman,” “hero,” etc., the voiced audio will not reflect the gender correctly. The subtitles should, however, reflect the correct gender.
                              • Commerce Panel
                                • The Gem Store and Trading Post tabs are only partially localized and will be displayed in English.
                                • Some text is cut off.
                              • Events
                                • Some Events have not been localized and will display in English.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

50 more MB to patch this morning.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X