Gear Guide - MAJOR lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Guide - MAJOR lag

Everytime I open up my Character Info sheet my system nearly crashes. I have a very nice i7 system. It only happened after I noticed that "Zygor Gear Finder" tab. I want it gone but cant find out how to kill it. How do I remove it completely, its a deal breaker for me. It's doesnt show any suggestions anyway (tells me my gear may be too low, but I'm 462 ilvl).

Have you tried to disable any other addons? Are you using the latest version of the guides? Do you own the Dungeon & Gear guides?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi Carnasses,

Here is something else I would also try: first of all backup any addons you have. Then navigate to where you have installed WoW. Delete the following folders:

1) Cache
      2) Interface
      3) WTF

This will erase all your settings and addons (which is why I suggested backing them up). Next, using the Zygor Addon Installer, install the viewer and guides from your account. Load the game up and open the character info sheet. If nothing crashes, start adding the other addons back, one addon at a time, until something crashes, if anything.

This may help you discover your problem.
      "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

The problem is the gear suggestion, its lagging trying to find suggestions. I dont need its suggestions or features I want to remove them. I'll ask for a refund if its not possible, but wanted to try first. I didnt even buy the gear guide.

Comment

If I remember correctly the guide should not look for the best suggestions unless the tab itself is open.
          "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

Originally posted by carnasses View Post
            The problem is the gear suggestion, its lagging trying to find suggestions. I dont need its suggestions or features I want to remove them. I'll ask for a refund if its not possible, but wanted to try first. I didnt even buy the gear guide.
            You most likely have the trial of the gear guide running. However, the suggestions are generated in like a second, so it's unlikely that that is what is causing the lag. What makes you think it is the gear guide?
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

What guide version are you using?
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestormxs View Post
                If I remember correctly the guide should not look for the best suggestions unless the tab itself is open.
                This is correct. The suggestion is only generated when the tab is selected. Unless carnasses is referring to the Auto-equip pop up.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Just in case someone still has problems with this I also experienced this. Every time I opened my character screen it would freeze my game for a couple seconds before responding. I found out it was the addon playerscore causing this. I disabled it and everything runs fine now. Also i had my playerscore running in full.

Comment

Also worth noting, the addon 'Elvui' was causing this exact problem for a short period (a day or two) but the latest version fixes this.
                    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
                    X