OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Frame rate drop and video stutter with 4.0 running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These have been largely addressed in the most current few patches to Zygor. Unfortunately, the damage has largely already been done, Im aware of a few that have sworn off the addon because of the performance issues, even after I have informed them they have been addressed.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Just for everyones reference here, So that the same mistake is not repeated again, WOW DOES in fact support SLI. I don't know exactly where this came from but I've heard it quite a few times now. Cartman was not the first I've heard suggest this.

I will refer you to this page: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications

Scroll down to WOW MOP and you can clearly see that WOW MOP does indeed support SLI.

Comment

Just because it's supported does not mean that it works well with it. WoW also supports Crossfire but in testing done you could get higher fps with Crossfire disabled than you could with it enabled. I think when people say that WoW doesn't support SLI or Crossfire that they really mean that WoW doesn't work well with SLI or Crossfire.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby brings it to the point: support means the game will run but it does not mean it will benefit in any way (and may even run worse than without).

The same goes to CPU cores, most games support up to 8 cores but nearly no game will run faster with more than 6 or even 4.

Comment

Hey Cartman,

Time to update Project 85 to Project 90!
            Don't forget to include Monk !

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Just because it's supported does not mean that it works well with it. WoW also supports Crossfire but in testing done you could get higher fps with Crossfire disabled than you could with it enabled. I think when people say that WoW doesn't support SLI or Crossfire that they really mean that WoW doesn't work well with SLI or Crossfire.
              Yeah... What do they know. They only make the thing after all. Its SLI certified. It doesn't get that way if it doesn't "work well with it". And this is not crossfire we are talking about here BTW.

As I've said a few times now, I've ran WOW with SLI for quite a while now and never had an issue and gotten plenty high FPS. For your consideration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwWEx4_EkoY

At any rate, If "Not working well with it" is what we are talking about here, We could say the same thing for zygor at the moment. After all, Zygor screwed with my FPS more than SLI ever could.

I don't see the need at all to distract from the matter at hand by blaming non-existent hardware issues. If I had no problem running in SLI before, (Which I said many times), Why would I suddenly have a problem simply because I updated to Zygor 4.0?

Comment

Have you tried doing a complete and fresh re-install of the guides and cleared the WoW cache? If not try these steps.

1. Exit WoW
                2. Go to WoW/Cache and delete all files and folders in there
                3. Go to WoW/Interface/AddOns and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there
                4. Go to WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables and delete any Zygor files in there
                5. Run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guides. If you see a current version listed on the Updater when you run it after performing the above steps it means your Updater is not pointing to the correct WoW installation path in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by kidkaddy View Post
                  Time to update Project 85 to Project 90!
                  Don't forget to include Monk !
                  I have not decided if I want to take all classes to 90. Working on my Monk, currently level 77

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                    I have not decided if I want to take all classes to 90. Working on my Monk, currently level 77
                    Yeah, I don't know whether I can face taking 10 chars through Mists I'm actually taking one of my oldest ones through first - my undead hunter. I hadn't played him for nearly a year and had forgotten what fun they are. Currently about to hit level 88 as I'm only getting the chance to play about 30 minutes a day at the moment.

Comment

ye i have the same while my pc is good

Comment

I must add that I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a similar box as the OP and I'm running 2560x1600 on 30" dell monitor. Without the addon (which I really love by the way so I'm not bashing it) I'm getting 30-40 fps intermittent stutters/fps drops between my normally constant 55-60 fps. The stutters are very unnerving and noticable. Turning off the addon results in 60 fps sweetness again. After reading this forum post though, I'll tweak the travel system to alleviate it for now as I'm sure that will help. I'm eagerly awaiting the fix!

:-)

Comment

Have you tested with all other addons disabled to see if you still have that drop in fps?

Comment

I am also having the same problem when zoning to other areas. I have tried all the suggestions here. I have even COMPLETELY deleted my Cache, Interface and WTF folder and fresh installed Zygor ONLY and still have the same issue. This is a Zygor addon issue. Pretty disappointing since we pay so much for the add-on and get these bugs. There should be some extensive testing before releasing these guides. Hopefully this is fixed very soon. I love the guides and don't want to disable them. For now I am dealing with the freeze. My freezing is clocking in at roughly 15 seconds when I zone. So it is a noticeable amount of downtime in my gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by timj37 View Post
                              I disabled Zygor in the add ons and everything smoothed right out. I turned it back on and the same thing happened. Low frame rates and stutter. I turned off the travel system and the performance increased right away.

I'm not sure what it is with the travel system, But it puts quite a hit on everything. I also got it even better by disabling the stealth arrow option.

Thanks for the reply!
                              I still have the same issue and did the same as what is written in the quote.
                              Plus my Memory gets very high: from 30 to 70 MB.
                              I already mentionned this in another thread.

At the moment I am playing with Zygor Guides disabled.

I hope this will be fixed soon, otherwise buying Zygor Guides would have been a waste of Money for me.

For your information Cabby: I tried everything what you suggested, but I keep getting the same issue.

Comment

Please take a moment to try and help us fix this. Here's a set of questions that might help us narrow the issue down.

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post86055

Comment

Working...
                                X