Bad gear suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad gear suggestion

I'm playing a hunter right now. I just received Huntsman's Jerkin. It is better than the Hide-Lined Chestguard I was wearing, so I put on the Jerkin.

However, the gear guide thinks the Chestguard is better, so it wants me to switch back.

Agility is the number 1 hunter stat, then hit or expertise, crit, haste, and finally mastery.

Since the Jerkin has more Agility and more Hit, it's a better choice for a hunter.

The reason the Chestguard was suggested was because when you are below level 90, we do not give as much weight to hit rating because it is not as important while you questing. So while the Chestguard has 3 less agility, the 38 crit is able to outweigh the 3 agi as well as the 42 hit.

At level 90, the hit would have been suggested over the crit(As long as you are not hit capped) because it is more important since most people are running dungeons and raids at this point.

Comment

I got a ring today while gaining some rep (at L90). The guide recommended that I swap it with one of the ones I had on. I said yes and then it said the one I had taken off was better than the one I had just put on. Can't remember the exact stats on the rings but I kept my original and sold the other.

Comment

Interesting. While leveling and while raiding, I'd far rather have the overall attack power increase from agility (higher constant dps) than the spiky damage of a crit chance at lower attack power (due to lower agility).

Comment

But the extra 3 agility only gives you 3 ap which is almost no increase in dps (1 dps on a 3.0 second weapon) when compared to the potential dps increase from the 38 crit rating increase. Of course the only real way to test it would be with extensive logging tests at a practice dummy with both gear items.

Personally, I've found that during the Leveling process that all the stats are pretty much not worth worrying about. You're constantly getting gear upgrades and the small improvements from one item to the next during the leveling process are barely noticeable. The only time when it really makes any difference is when you first hit the different expansion zones for the first time due to the massive jump in gear stats.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
          X