OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Improved Gear System Now Available For Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hachem View Post
    So i would say the suggestions are certainly not wrong if we consider the logic behind it.
    If that is the logic behind it
    I have not seen anything about what logic/weighting Zygor uses to make gear upgrades. If there is something somewhere along those lines please feel free to link it here.

Comment

Most of the stat weights for the gear suggestions are based off of the noxxic website and those are all based on end game dungeons and raids. So the only ones that would be weighted more toward survivability would be the tanking specs and the rest would be as hachem described and weighted more toward overall dps. This is actually the principle behind most of the gear suggestion addons like Pawn.

I believe the team have said that they would eventually like to get to a point where the guide users would be able to adjust the weights allowing more flexibility with the system, I just don't know when that might happen.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Zygor is sometimes wrong i think... for example when i have a ilevel 410 ish , it says its better to equip a gear with a ilevel of 399 (with all the stats in red) am i wrong or is zygor wrong? :P

Comment

Please let us know what you have equipped, what it's suggesting, your class, and your talent spec. That's the only way we'll be able to give a proper answer to this one.

Comment

Sounds perfectly logical Cabby. Thanks for the clarification. TBH, I rarely worry about my survivability when weighing up 2 pieces of gear

Comment

ok, next time ill give an better example ^^, oh and also im rolling a 2h DPS monk, Zygor doesnt like that so much telling me to equip 2x 1H :P

Comment

A DW monk will have better dps, that's probably why the gear suggestions want you to equip the 2x 1H.

Comment

Gear Changer Bad for Ele Shamans

For many classes the Gear Changer is badly broken. I know it must be impossible to QA all classes at all levels, but for Ele Shamans, the Gear Changer is completely useless. Last night I "won" mail pants in a (regular) dungeon on a greed roll. The gear changer immediately tried to replace the pants I had on. Not only were the pants currently equipped 20 points higher iLvl, the newly gained pants were AGI pants, made for a hunter or an enhancement shaman. The gear changer constantly tries to change out OBVIOUS wrong pieces of gear for Ele Shamans.

What happened to the checkbox that let us turn off the Gear Changer?

Comment

Originally posted by rfarris View Post
                    What happened to the checkbox that let us turn off the Gear Changer?
                    Check Extra Features = "Equip gear automatically"

Comment

Originally posted by rfarris View Post
                      For many classes the Gear Changer is badly broken. I know it must be impossible to QA all classes at all levels, but for Ele Shamans, the Gear Changer is completely useless. Last night I "won" mail pants in a (regular) dungeon on a greed roll. The gear changer immediately tried to replace the pants I had on. Not only were the pants currently equipped 20 points higher iLvl, the newly gained pants were AGI pants, made for a hunter or an enhancement shaman. The gear changer constantly tries to change out OBVIOUS wrong pieces of gear for Ele Shamans.
                      Can you provide any more information as to what items were involved? Most cases of "wrong" suggestions are actually just your definition of an upgrade not matching ours and thus making it seem wrong.

If you can provide your class,level,spec, and both items involved I can give you an explanation for the suggestion, and if something is wrong then I will see what we can do about getting it fixed.

Comment

One thing the gear system keeps suggesting is to replace cloaks with the teleport cloaks if you have them in your bag. For Example, it wants to replace my Tasting Room Tablecloth with the Cloak of Coordination

This is on my Level 88 Retribution Paladin. Since one would only ever use these for teleporting, they could probably be put on some sort of permanent blacklist

Comment

Picked up Used Bar Rag (http://www.wowhead.com/item=87311) which is a direct upgrade over Dustback Cloak (http://www.wowhead.com/item=81840). The gear advisor kept telling me to switch back to Dustback Cloak.
                          For my level 90 Destruction warlock.

Dustback Cloak
                          Item Level 399
                          777 Armor
                          +414 Stamina
                          +276 Intellect
                          +190 Critical Strike
                          +175 Haste

Used Bar Rag
                          Item Level 410
                          822 Armor
                          +459 Stamina
                          +306 Intellect
                          +210 Critical Strike
                          +194 Haste

Comment

Originally posted by xerty View Post
                            Picked up Used Bar Rag (http://www.wowhead.com/item=87311) which is a direct upgrade over Dustback Cloak (http://www.wowhead.com/item=81840). The gear advisor kept telling me to switch back to Dustback Cloak.
                            For my level 90 Destruction warlock.
                            Could you post a screen shot of this? I don't know why the system would be suggesting the Dustback Cloak. The Used Bar Rag should outscore the Cloak completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 2 View Post
                              Could you post a screen shot of this? I don't know why the system would be suggesting the Dustback Cloak. The Used Bar Rag should outscore the Cloak completely.
                              Dang. Sold the item now
                              That's why I could not understand why it kept insisting on equipping the item as the Used Bar Rag is a simple upgrade on every stat.
                              If anything like this happens again I'll take a screenshot.

Comment

Oh, if I could be honest here, there are other addons that do this correctly. I wish Zygor remained a guide for questing / achievements and leave the important stuff regarding gear to addons that are far better suited for this.

As it is, the addon is getting pretty memory hungry as compared to every other addon I have installed (currently '99' but this isnt entirely fair as certain addons count multiple times - ie. Atlasloot counts as 9 separate addons, carbonite as 4, etc).

Im going to recommend three addons, before you freak out, they are very light weight (with exception to one that is 'semi-lightweight').

Equip Compare (the one I use is Moncai equip compare). Very simple, shows what you have equipped compared to the item you are hovering the mouse over. Simple.

Rating Buster. Instead of showing stat differences in the tooltip, this changes the stats to meaningful figures, instead of stamina, it shows what your HP will change by. There are tons of configurable options but in general, its pre-configured per class showing you information vital for your class.

AdiBags. An all in one bag with categories for each gear slot, consumables, materials, etc. as well as a section for 'New' items for easy locating of newly acquired items. As an fyi, this isnt as light as it could be BUT it is lighter than Zygor currently is.
                                Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                                Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
                                X