OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw your new ad, but your latest Gear Guide has too many issues to be useful for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
    Wasn't there some benefit if you equip the correct armor type?
    5% overall bonus to your main stat, which I assume is agility for a hunter.

edit: perhaps there should be an indication in the tooltip that it was prefered due to armor type. I think I could have been fooled by it as well.

Comment

I'm still confused by that suggestion. Even if it isn't Mail armor, if you are saying that the 5% bonus to my char's overall Agility stat (by itself) compensates for the loss of all the other stats (the red ones that I'd be losing) is justified, I just can't see it. Mail armor may have more "defensive properties" but, a Beastmaster isn't supposed to be doing melee combat anyway. Heh heh. Anyway, I was only presenting what looked like to me as an extreme "offer" to switch to, after I saw multiple lines of red losses, and nothing more than the addition of some Intellect for the char.

Note to waddatoe in reference to what you said:
      "Further, I would like to agree that declining the guide's choice with each login is irritating."
      I'm just really happy that there is an option to decline, rather than having something forced upon my char without being able to review it! HA HA

Thanks for your input.

Comment

The guides won't consider leather armor as being valid armor for a high level hunter because of that bonus. That's almost a must have at end game and for dps. So since you had 'nothing' on your shoulders than anything that is mail will be better according to the gear guide.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
          but, a Beastmaster isn't supposed to be doing melee combat anyway.
          In general I agree. But there are surely people around that are not skilled enough and therefore sometimes get into trouble.
          I'd leave the system the way Cabby describes it. An experienced player can always decide to use other gear than suggested and an inexperienced player gets some proper equipment highlighted when it is available as a reward the next time.

Comment

Cartman is correct. As a Hunter we do think having mail is an important thing for that extra bonus so starting at level 40 we start trying to phase out any leather and once level 50 is reach leather is considered bad.

This is an extreme case of that causing a suggestion that is less than desirable So a better way to handle this or maybe just a better way of illustrating the reasoning for this suggestion is something I will definitely look into.

Comment

i was reasonnably satisfied with the gear helper after having had doubts first. but i have the impression that with the new version things have goe really wrong. i have to control it very closely now.
              i am playing a hunter and i have to decline almost very single suggestion from the guide!
              Last edited by hachem; February 15, 2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X