sometimes the navigation system is really a pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes the navigation system is really a pain

maybe we should start a list of locations that really need better directions. i understand that a better automatic system is just not feasible and one must bow to reality.
    i have 2 examples:
    the injured goblin miner in storm peaks at 43, 75 is not in the mine at the same level. he is deep down below the mountain... at the same coordinates.
    i am still looking for hodir'horn, it is supposed to be "a huge bone war horn", so not easy to miss. right? well, maybe for everybody else but me.
    instead of opening a new thread each time, something like the bug list would be very useful and could be used immediately by others if the lucky seekers write down the right directions.
    and as far as i am concerned, put ads on your site, after all that is what blizzard does. to turn shortcomings in a profitable source of income.
    edit: the horn only appears after turning in the quest a new beginning. i think it should be added to the nfo already provided

a third example is the ice spike in mounting hodir's helm. how do you find it?
    Last edited by hachem; February 7, 2013, 07:33 AM.

Caves are always problematic and often there are directional steps like "go right" or "go down".
    I agree in some cases some more steps like this can be helpful.
    I even made a waypoint route through the minefield in Storm Peaks but it has not been included in the guide.
    But now we have Cabby as our secret support weapon, if we collect such things he can surely give them to the right people from the Zygor team

Hodir's Horn is bugged on Blizzard's side, you either need to leave the subzone (for example fly south to the Zul'Drak border) and come back for it to appear. I thought there was a note in the guide as this phasing bug is around since the beginning of WotLK.

The spike to mount the Helm is the obelisk like thing. I think the top of it sparkles.
    Look at this page for a screenshot with the mounted helm:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12987

Comment

i had found the helm already, indeed with the help of wowhead. still, thank you for all the tips.
      my goal is to make this kind of visits to wowhead, and in the longer run, even to this site, as rare as possible

Comment

The problem with those issues is that experienced players don't see them anymore.
        After leveling a dozen characters to 85 and now 5 to 90 I know each cave layout and most other issues caused by Blizzard.
        With my next character I'll look at these things more careful and make notes so that more waypoints can be added if needed.

Comment

i think that you put your finger on the problem. the guides are meant for noobs, but they are written by veterans. difficult to blame them for forgetting the issues they ran against at the very beginning of their wow "career".

Comment

master explorer: brann bronzebeard is in the pit
            can't find hodir's spear, and wowhead is no help either. i suppose unknown prerequisites.
            edit: it was, what else, "raising hodir's spear". i wouldn't dare say that it is not in the guide, even though i checked and found everything green

Dorgok in Blade's edge, is on the first level. entrance is in the back of the building, where the hills are.
            Last edited by hachem; February 10, 2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Ok, the horn and spear specifically, you have to literally fly WAY out of the area, I had to go about 500 yards or more and then fly back toward the horn. Its a phasing problem.

Caves have been and always will be a problem for any guide product. The reason is because Blizzard does NOT give access to character height location data (or not one addon I have ever seen utilizes it).

The way to get around this however would be to provide 'mini' waypoints directing you to the correct branching paths and which direction to go.
              Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
              Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
              X