One idea for zygor guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One idea for zygor guides

Hi! I was thinking about some stuff that seems just easy enough to add and it would be amazing for us users and new users, a guide to places. I can imagine this situation: I am at somewhere in the game and I want to go to somewhere else, like stormwind, exodar, ironforge, etc... (for alliance) Well I dont know everybody but im lost, I dont know how to get to places, so it would be amazing to pop up my zygor and type a location and bam! It gives me the fastest way to get there... Just an idea, it would be awesome!

We do have this integrated into the guides in a fashion. Just open the Blizzard world map, find where you want to go, and hold the Shift key while clicking on the spot. This will set a temporary waypoint to that location and our travel system will direct you with the arrow for how to get there.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Still, it doesnt work for me, as I have more addons, such carbonite that overrides the map, and even if it works, I think it would be less efficient than pop up zygor guide manager and write some default points as im a noob, I dont know where places are, so if we can shift click on the maps, i still have to search for the place i want to go. It would made things so easier...

btw, thanks for quick reply

Comment

I can understand what you mean and that could be a handy feature. Of course I can't guarantee that it will be on that is implemented, but I'm sure it will be considered.

On a side note, there is a spot in your keybindings for Carbonite related keybindings. In there you can set up a keybind to open the normal Blizzard map and the Shift + Click on the normal Blizzard map will still work for setting a temporary waypoint for our travel system.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by sgemellaro View Post
          Still, it doesnt work for me, as I have more addons, such carbonite that overrides the map, and even if it works, I think it would be less efficient than pop up zygor guide manager and write some default points as im a noob, I dont know where places are, so if we can shift click on the maps, i still have to search for the place i want to go. It would made things so easier...

btw, thanks for quick reply
          Personally I think clicking to Eastern Kingdoms and finding Stormwind is much faster than pulling up a manager and typing "Stormwind" because with the point and click method, you can go to the exact spot where you want to go.

We are actually working on some features for the travel system that would make this possible so it is something that could be implemented in the future. (No promises.)

Although I do highly suggest in the meanwhile that you figure out how to use our travel system because it preforms the exact thing that you are requesting and does it very well (usually). You could click anywhere and it will tell you the best combination of flightpaths/portals/ships/spells and anything else to get you there the fastest.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 2 View Post
            Personally I think clicking to Eastern Kingdoms and finding Stormwind is much faster than pulling up a manager and typing "Stormwind" because with the point and click method, you can go to the exact spot where you want to go.

We are actually working on some features for the travel system that would make this possible so it is something that could be implemented in the future. (No promises.)

Although I do highly suggest in the meanwhile that you figure out how to use our travel system because it preforms the exact thing that you are requesting and does it very well (usually). You could click anywhere and it will tell you the best combination of flightpaths/portals/ships/spells and anything else to get you there the fastest.
            I understand your point, but think of mine. I have absolutely no idea where is lets say... Darnassus. So I have to open my map and start to search for darnassus to shift click on it (it happened today, just about the first answer suggesting me to shift click on my map (had to unload carbonite tho) and I just gave up and pop up zygor and took any tquest around there to actually get there...). Think as im a total noob, and very stupid player. I leveled up to 85 thanks to your guide, all i had to do was following that green arrow, and to 85~90 only doing dungeon finder, I have absolutely no idea where places are. Then I had trouble with one of your guide quests and im all alone in the world lol... I know theres people like me, maybe few of them, but this guide made me very dependent on that little green arrow, and its not a bad idea. I bought it and im very happy with it, its awesome!

Again, thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I understand sgemellro's request. Maybe not so much a stand alone guide but a "search feature" that highlights the area, town, etc. you're looking for THEN to be able to shift-click on it. Like a "where is?" search feature. (Where is The Apothecarium?) I use Wowhead alot. Search for the place, switch into the game, go to map, switch back and forth a few more times until I get it, then off I go.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about shift clicking a waypoint on the map to get the travel system to direct you there. That is incredibly useful!

Comment

Working...
                X