Midsummer Fire Festival Quests (Pandaria) step 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midsummer Fire Festival Quests (Pandaria) step 7

I am trying to do these on my level 88 char, which obviously means I cannot fly.
    Been no issue until this step to go to the Dread Wastes flame.
    It sent me to the 2 Moons fp from the Halfhill fp. Then I walked to the general area that there is meant to be a portal. Seems like the portal is on the wall, which I cannot access from ground level.

Code:
    Zygor Guides Viewer v4.0.6785
    Guide: EVENTS\Midsummer Fire Festival (June 21st - July 4th)\Midsummer Fire Festival Quests (Pandaria)
    Step: 7

ENTER BUG DESCRIPTION HERE: ......................................................................

--- Player information ---
    Race: BloodElf  Class: PALADIN  Spec: Retribution  Level: 88.94   Faction: Horde
    Position: Vale of Eternal Blossoms /0 16.17,63.26 (#811, zone:'Vale of Eternal Blossoms', realzone:'Vale of Eternal Blossoms', subzone:'Setting Sun Garrison', minimapzone:'Setting Sun Garrison', micro:'', texture:'ValeofEternalBlossoms')

--- GUIDE ---
    Guide: Midsummer Fire Festival Quests (Pandaria)
    Type: EVENTS  Parsed: yes  Fully: yes
    Startlevel: 85  Endlevel: nil
    Next: nil 
    Steps: 14  Labels: 

--- STEP ---
      map: Dread Wastes#858 /0
      floor: 0
      needsreload: false
      level: 85
      (incomplete, POSSIBLE, not aux)
    Goals: 
    1.  <Go to Dread Wastes 56,69>
        action: goto
        prepared: true
        dirtytext: true
        pointer_way: 
        map: Dread Wastes #858 /0 0.561,0.695 (no dist)
    2. .  <Talk to Dread Wastes Flame Guardian>
        action: talk
        macro: 41
        macroicon: 0
        npcid: 69522
        macrosrc: /target Dread Wastes Flame Guardian
    /run ZGV:MRM()
    3. . .  <Accept `Honor the Flame'>
        action: accept
        quest: "Honor the Flame" ##32497 (no goal)  - quest not in log (id: not completed)
        Status: incomplete (incomplete, POSSIBLE, nil progress, not aux)

-- Flight Paths --
    Nordrassil , Thunk's Abode , Ramkahen , The Krazzworks , Stonard , Westreach Summit , Grom'gol , Northpass Tower , Marshal's Stand , Gundrak , Nesingwary Base Camp , The Stormspire , Smuggler's Scar , Agmar's Hammer , Whisperwind Grove , New Agamand , Strahnbrad , Darkshore Cat 2 , Light's Shield Tower , Ruins of Southshore , Gadgetzan , Darkshore Cat 1 , Sanctuary of Malorne , Thunderlord Stronghold , Sunveil Excursion , Bor'gorok Outpost , Emerald Sanctuary , Camp Ataya , Valormok , Bootlegger Outpost , Light's Hope Chapel , Ratchet , Grom'arsh Crash-Site , Shadowmoon Village , Gates of Sothann , Warsong Hold , Kamagua , Mossy Pile , Death's Rise , Light's Breach , Argent Tournament Grounds , Camp Oneqwah , Spinebreaker Ridge , Forsaken High Command , Taunka'le Village , Thunder Bluff , Zabra'jin , Darkshore Cat 5 , Eastwall Tower , Moonglade , Apothecary Camp , Dragonmaw Port , The Golden Terrace , Tarren Mill , Zoram'gar Outpost , New Kargath , Splintertree Post , Serpent's Overlook , The Menders' Stead , The Argent Vanguard , Vendetta Point , The Sepulcher , Hellfire Peninsula, The Dark Portal , Stonebreaker Hold , Legion's Rest , Bloodwatcher Point , K3 , Chiselgrip , Halfhill , Plaguewood Tower , Hearthglen , The Forsaken Front , Venomspite , Silver Tide Hollow , Dreadmaul Hold , Undercity , Zul'Aman , Brill , Tenebrous Cavern , Cliffwalker Post , Fuselight , Flamestar Post , Dalaran , Dun Niffelem , Southern Rocketway , Northern Rocketway , Camp Tunka'lo , Sen'jin Village , Silverwind Refuge , Mok'Nathal Village , Falconwing Square , Stoneplow , Camp Winterhoof , Area 52 , Brackenwall Village , Southpoint Gate , Honeydew Village , Sandy Beach , Shattered Sun Staging Area , The Argent Stand , Darkshore Cat 4 , Dawn's Blossom , Forsaken Rear Guard , Pang's Stead , Irontree Clearing , Revantusk Village , Hammerfall , Silvermoon City , Crusaders' Pinnacle , Unu'pe , Kor'kron Vanguard , Stygian Bounty , The Crossroads , Iron Summit , The Gullet , Hellscream's Watch , Grove of Aessina , Wildheart Point , Booty Bay , Ethel Rethor , Bloodgulch , Mudsprocket , Swamprat Post , Evergrove , Amber Ledge , Andorhal , Karnum's Glade , Hiri'watha Research Station , Thorium Point , Crushblow , Vengeance Landing , Malaka'jin , The Sludgewerks , Galen's Fall , Nozzlepot's Outpost , Fizzle & Pozzik's Speedbarge , Ebon Watch , Hardwrench Hideaway , Thondroril River , Cosmowrench , Shattrath , Flame Crest , Shrine of Aviana , Stonemaul Hold , The Mor'Shan Ramparts , Bilgewater Harbor , Darkshore Cat 3 , Tranquillien , Thrallmar , Bloodhoof Village , Transitus Shield , Camp Mojache , Ulduar , Furien's Post , Bouldercrag's Refuge , Eastpoint Tower , Conquest Hold , Moa'ki , Zim'Torga , Warsong Camp , The Arboretum , Sun Rock Retreat , Hunter's Hill , Bambala , Fairbreeze Village , Crown Guard Tower , River's Heart , Razor Hill , Oasis of Vir'sar , Garadar , Wyrmrest Temple , Shadowprey Village , The Bulwark , Everlook , Krom'gar Fortress , Grassy Cline , Shrine of Two Moons , Falcon Watch , Bogpaddle , The Shadow Vault , Orgrimmar , Grookin Hill , Desolation Hold , Zhu's Watch , Cenarion Hold , Sunreaver's Command

-- Travel Route --
     1. [1342] "Vale of Eternal Blossoms 16,63" = Vale of Eternal Blossoms /0 16.2,63.3 [start] [closed] (t=0.0/0.0)
     2. [685] "Portal to Dread Wastes" = Vale of Eternal Blossoms /0 14.2,76.8 [portal] [closed] (mode:walk from [1342]) [my t=20.9/29.2] (t=20.9/29.2)
     3. [684] "Portal to Vale of Eternal Blossoms" = Dread Wastes /0 75.1,21.3 [portal] [closed] (mode:portal from [685]) [my t=15.0/15.0] (t=35.9/44.2)
     4. [1340] "Dread Wastes Flame Guardian" = Dread Wastes /0 56.1,69.5 [end] [closed] (mode:walk from [684]) [my t=178.5/178.5] (t=214.4/222.7)

If you need to get up on the wall there should be rope laying on the ground that you can click on.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I know there is one on the Dread Wastes side, but could not find one on the Vale side.
      I'll take another good look, but have my doubts.

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure... never tried to get out of the Vale before I could fly. Worst case you should be able to pop into Kun-Lai and head west to go up to the top of the wall at the Shado-Pan Fallback.

Comment

Well surely the guide should be doing this for me.

It knows I cannot fly as it has told me to use flight points. Or at least that's what I thought. Especially when it told me to use the fp from Halffill to 2 moons and then go to Dread Wastes. If I was able to fly then it would have been easier just to fly from Halfhill to Dread Wastes.
          If that is not the case then it should be changed to check for flight capability. If that is not possible, then it should at least check your level and if under 90 then it should know you cannot fly in Pandaria.

Thanks for the tip about the Shado-Pan Fallback. I'll check that out as it may be easier than my old way of running through the Dread Wastes.

Comment

Shado-pan Fallback is also a method that is used for getting on the wall in order to get into the Vale before you unlock the gates in order to get the flight path at your factions town.

Comment

Right. Shado-Pan Fallback is a valid option.
              I should also clarify that the travel system is telling me to go to Vale then try and scale the wall into Dread Wastes, which is impossible.

It may be better if the guide went from Four Winds to Kun-Lai.
              Then to Townlong Steppes via Shado-Pan Fallback, as you can then drop down into Townlong Steppes by Serpent's Spine (Kun-Lai) fp.
              Then you could fly back to Shado-Pan Fallback and run down the wall to Serpent's Spine (Vale of Eternal Blossoms).
              Then you can use the rope to get down to Dread Wastes.
              Go to Soggy's Gamble.
              Fly back to Serpent's prine (Vale of Eternal Blossoms) and jump off the wall into Vale of Eternal Blossoms and go to Two Moons.
              Making sure that you grab the Flight Points in each area.

Comment

Originally posted by xerty View Post
                It may be better if the guide went from Four Winds to Kun-Lai.
                Then to Townlong Steppes via Shado-Pan Fallback, as you can then drop down into Townlong Steppes by Serpent's Spine (Kun-Lai) fp.
                Then you could fly back to Shado-Pan Fallback and run down the wall to Serpent's Spine (Vale of Eternal Blossoms).
                Then you can use the rope to get down to Dread Wastes.
                Go to Soggy's Gamble.
                Fly back to Serpent's prine (Vale of Eternal Blossoms) and jump off the wall into Vale of Eternal Blossoms and go to Two Moons.
                Making sure that you grab the Flight Points in each area.
                I've used this system for a few of my alts now, and it's so easy.
                The only thing I would note is that the step where I say :
                should be changed to :
                Then to Townlong Steppes via Shado-Pan Fallback, as you can then drop down to Townlong Steppes by going past the Serpent's Spine (Kun-Lai) fp and dropping down around 32,79.
                Last edited by xerty; July 4, 2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X