SIS Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS Stopped Working

MOST RECENT EDIT: I have no idea why, but the SIS began working again. The only thing I can think of is that after I logged out and in a few times over a period of an hour or so with a dozen chars and different realms, and also resetting the interface (/re), it may have had an effect? Anyway, except for the comment (below) about Java, this post can be deleted. Sorry!
    =======================
    ORIG MESSAGE STARTED HERE:
    Hi, after the last Update (the one with the blank Log), I have begun having problems with the guides. For instance, the SIS is no longer advancing at all. On many of my chars, it always starts off at Step 1. Right-clicking on the Guide's arrow takes me to Step 2, but it fails to advance any further than one step at a time, even though my chars have completed many steps. Note: I haven't changed any Zygor settings from when it was working a couple of days ago. Could this have anything to do with the blank Updater Log?

Here's what mine shows now (April 18, 2014):
    Blank Updater Log.jpg

PREVIOUSLY EDITED: I've read several posts on the zygor forums where people are referring to java, etc. However, so far, I haven't seen anything advising me that I need to install something new. Here's the version of Java that I'm using:
    Java version.jpg
    Last edited by kreelor; April 19, 2014, 01:35 AM.

A blank change log does not cause any problems with the guide ingame. Also Java will only affect the updater but not the guide functions.

If the guide does not automatically advance and does not show steps you already completed green there may be a problem with the WoW server not delivering the completed quest list.
    This may happen if the server load is too high or other addons try to fetch the list too.

Yesterday I had some problem with WoW too, I could not talk to a quest giver to turn in a quest. Even reloading the UI did not help. After some minutes the NPC finally hovered to a location a few meters away. So in this case the server simply did not transmit the correct NPC coordinates to the client.

As Blizzard had often Battlenet problems in the last weeks related to internet problems in general these problems may still interfere with WoW and cause lags or packet loss.

Comment

For the Java, you need that if you are using the new black Updater client. I would suggest downloading it and getting it setup as we will eventually stop using the white one (the one in your picture). To get the black one log into the Members Area and scroll down to the ESO section. That Updater in there is the Java based client and works with both WoW and ESO games/guides and will eventually completely replace the one you've been using.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
        X