OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoD Pricing... New Members vs Old Faithful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoD Pricing... New Members vs Old Faithful?

Here's my concern with the upgrade pricing... if I were to order it as a "new customer" I'd pay $60 for the full 1-100 leveling guide for both alliance and horde. I started with zygor 3 expansions ago, and if you average it even at $15 per expansion, plus the original $25 I spent, for both alliance and horde, plus all the 'additional' guides I've purchased, I've spent hundreds of dollars on zygor. And yet, to go from my cata to WoD for alliance I'm gonna pay $40 and MoP to WoD for horde I'm gonna pay $20. The SAME $60 that new members are paying for ALL the leveling guides. So basically, I'm getting penalized for being a long-time Zygor client, right? Does this make sense to anybody else? Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my Zygor. I'm not sure I could or would play WoW without it, but shouldn't those of us who have been loyal customers already get SOME kind of benefit for being a loyal customer?

Just my 2 cents.

We see these same comments every expansion from people thinking that 50% off for an upgrade isn't enough, and every expansion it always stays the same. You aren't just getting the upgrade but the guarantee that these levels will continue working for as long as WoW is alive. I don't personally think $20 is that much when I think about it as having these levels being maintained for what could easily be the next 10+ years without having to pay for them again. Just like when Cataclysm came out, anyone who already owned the 1-60 guides got the entire 1-60 guide rewrite for free. This was part of their lifetime updates that is included with the guide purchases and if Blizzard decides to revamp the zones again then you'd get another complete guide re-write for free because of owning them.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sorry I'm a little confused... 50% off? New users are getting 1-100 for both for $60... I'm paying $40 for only the 90-100... after having paid for the original, and for each subsequent upgrade 60-70, 70-80 and so on? Not trying to be a pain, and like I said, love the product, guess I'm just confused how that's 50% off for current users?

Comment

If you don't own a guide and are purchasing for the first time it's $40 (single faction). If you own the previous expansion guide version (MoP in this case) then you only have to pay $20. That's a 50% difference in cost. That 50% is only valid when upgrading from one expansion version to the next chronological expansion version.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Truth be told, their entire pricing structure is off. There is a TON of overlap between the different guides and now with the complete removal of dailies, Im not sure how they can justify the pricing of a separate dailies and rep guide. I have always felt these two guides should be combined and sold as one single guide option, Dailies, Events, & Reputation, with Macros thrown in for free if youve purchased at least one guide, and since Titles are nearly all covered in the achievements guide (more overlap), those titles that arent there could be part of the Achievements guide.

I also feel the dungeon guide is, for all intensive purposes, useless and should be a freebie thrown in for anyone who has purchased at least one guide.

ie. The guide structure would be as follows (with the new 'toybox' guide that will inevitably come to be included in the mounts / pets guide):

Leveling and Loremaster - $40 / $60
          Pets, Mounts, and Toybox - $30 / $50
          Dailies, Events, and Reputations - $30 / $50
          Professions, Achievements, and Titles - $30 / $50
          Dungeons and Macros - Free with purchase of at least ONE guide for a single faction or ONE guide for both factions.

Sadly, I mentioned this in the past and the excuse I got was that it would piss off previous customers who bought everything. I think a different guide structure would not only be easier to understand for new customers, but also slightly more affordable ($210 vs $310) and Im not so sure that previous customers would be all that angry unless they 'just' purchased these guides, something I doubt seeing as we are coming up on a new expansion.

ie. This seems like a good time to restructure how the guides are offered.

Level 90-100 has probably 15-20% of all the content in the entire leveling guide if you take the recommended leveling path (not EVERY zone, just the zones that are fed to you as you reach high enough level to move on), yet, they are charging 50% of the price for it. Seems off to me.
          Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
          Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

I agree with littleweirdo. Zygor, I love your guides but do please consider the above.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X