Zygor guides is making me lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor guides is making me lag

So for the first day of using it all was fine , Even the second day , But now when i log into warcraft it take about 40 seconds sometimes longer for everything to settle. Like its all spazzing out and things are not moving at right speed etc

But even once that has settles i get lag in game which i never ever ever had before using Zygor guides

How do i clear Zygor cache or something ?

Its clearly Zygor guides causing the lag .

Help please

You could try resetting the guides to see if that helps. To do that go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The addon is using 270Mb of ram , 270Mb ? Are you kidding me , Why so much , I can run some games and not use anywhere near 270Mb of ram .

Need to drastically lower that ammount or i wont be renewing newt month . Great addon but it uses far too much Ram and makes game clunky and laggy at times .

Comment

The issue isn't actually the memory usage. We've been working on this issue for a while now and we've found that the issue is actually cpu load. Granted, we have lowered the memory usage a good bit, but we found after doing so that it didn't improve performance really at all - which is when we pivoted to focusing on reducing cpu load and we've had significant reductions in load times and fps drops.

We've had to make a lot of backend changes to achieve this, and it's all being tested currently, which is why it's not released yet. But rest assured, we're working on it.
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

I would love to see the load times improve, since I have to sit there half a minute with 10fps while the guide loads.

Comment

Good to know you are making progress on the cpu load issue.

Comment

So as of earlier this year from the forum posts I see here at least 3 or 4 months you've known you have these CPU load issues and still have yet to resolve them. I just purchased Zygor guides for the first time ever and bought the elite version to help with various achievements , titles, mounts, ect.. I normally have 100 fps solid but this guide keeps me at 10 fps for every bit of 20 seconds or so while it loads, then randomly while I am fighting a mob or moving through a city it just drops to like 3/20 fps causing major lag. I have done everything the forum recommends from cleaning out my WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder of all things Zygor removing the actual folder "ZygorGuidesViewer" from the add-on/interface folder and then doing a clean install. I have renamed Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld. Then I launched the game to recreate the default folder structure. I have individually one by one disabled the other add-on's I am using and got no better results. How are you charging people for something that is supposed to improve their game play yet the add-on is so bad it actually hinders it? All I can say is I am glad I did not buy the 6 month or 1 year plan getting me for 7$ was enough, I will not be paying anymore into the sub now though nor will I be recommending it my friends either. I play by the way on a "Alienware 15" which if I may say is a pretty beast laptop this add-on should not be causing me any lag. I am positive it is this add-on too because when I disable it all my fps issues go away. The idea behind this add-on is very attractive but until it can run quietly and not hog up my CPU and game memory I wont be using it anymore. #disabledpayedforaddon
              Last edited by wsmithfl; November 25, 2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

People complain about Zygor's large memory use. But here's the thing: using memory is not even close to the big deal people make it out to be. There is a lot of data the Zygor AddOn needs, and let's be honest, memory is both cheap and fast. 270 MB is nothing on a computer with a few gigabytes of RAM.

Also, there could be a conscience goal on the Zygor developers' behalf to trade high CPU usage (which is the actual killer) for more memory.

To explain that, I'm going to use one instruction in WoW's API, GetItemInfo. If an AddOn developer needs to call this once in a blue moon, he probably will call it directly. However, if he needs to call GetItemInfo dozens, hundreds, or more times in a short period of time, the developer will upvalue GetItemInfo.
                Code:
                -- look up GetItemInfo directly from WoW's global instruction table
                local someItem = GetItemInfo(123)

-- instead, load a local reference to GII into memory (increase RAM usage)
                -- this can be significantly faster (less CPU) if called often
                local GetItemInfo = _G.GetItemInfo
                local someItem = GetItemInfo(123)
                I haven't checked Zygor's code that closely, but another way to decrease memory use is modularize all the guides, and make each guide load on demand (LoD). The trade off is that while memory usage would go down, load times would go up, simply because of all the times the player does something that would cause a different guide to load. Things like zone changes, entering a dungeon, gold farming, visiting the auction house, etc.

There are instructions in WoW's API to load/unload AddOns (in this example, LoD modules of a core AddOn), keeping RAM consumption down. But I doubt it is a good idea to design Zygor this way.

A better idea would be to modularize some of the lesser used guides and make them LoD, but while I only use the auction house once a day, and spend hours doing world quests, another player could be spending hours at the auction house. Who is to say which guide should be loaded less often?

And yes, the auction house guide probably isn't the best example I could use, because you can only interact with the AH while you are talking with the auctioneer NPC. That guide probably is LoD, and loads with the auction house UI. I'm not going to quibble if the point is made.
                A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

Hallo,
                  ich hab mich immer wieder über meine hohe CPU Auslastung im Idle gewundert. Mittlerweile bin ich darauf gekommen, dass es vom Zygor Desktop Client kommt.
                  D.h. wenn der Desktop Client an ist, geht die CPU Last ca. alle 5 Sekunden auf 50 - 70% hoch, während im Tal die Last bei ca. 25 - 30 % liegt.

Beende ich den Desktop Client, liegt meine CPU last im Idle bei ca. 10 - 20%.

Das ganze tritt auf, ohne dass WoW läuft. Wenn WoW gestartet ist, hängt es manchmal, oder aber z.B. youtube hängt dann (keine Laderuckler, sondern richtiges Ruckeln.

Da stimmt doch was nicht? Hab die Software bereits deinstalliert und wieder neu installiert, aber auch das brachte nichts.

An meiner Hardware kannst nicht liegen: i5 2600K, 16GB DDR3, 2x 250GB SSD Samsung Evo.
                  Last edited by hewal; August 10, 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hewal View Post
                    Hallo,
                    ich hab mich immer wieder über meine hohe CPU Auslastung im Idle gewundert. Mittlerweile bin ich darauf gekommen, dass es vom Zygor Desktop Client kommt.
                    D.h. wenn der Desktop Client an ist, geht die CPU Last ca. alle 5 Sekunden auf 50 - 70% hoch, während im Tal die Last bei ca. 25 - 30 % liegt.

Beende ich den Desktop Client, liegt meine CPU last im Idle bei ca. 10 - 20%.

Das ganze tritt auf, ohne dass WoW läuft. Wenn WoW gestartet ist, hängt es manchmal, oder aber z.B. youtube hängt dann (keine Laderuckler, sondern richtiges Ruckeln.

Da stimmt doch was nicht? Hab die Software bereits deinstalliert und wieder neu installiert, aber auch das brachte nichts.

An meiner Hardware kannst nicht liegen: i5 2600K, 16GB DDR3, 2x 250GB SSD Samsung Evo.
                    ENGLISH google translation :
                    Hello,
                    I've always wondered about my high CPU utilization in Idle. In the meantime, I have come to the conclusion that it comes from Zygor Desktop Client.
                    That When the desktop client is on, the CPU load goes up to 50 - 70% every 5 seconds, while the load is around 25 - 30% in the valley.

If I finish the desktop client, my CPU is last in idle at about 10 - 20%.

The whole thing occurs without wow running. When WoW is started, it sometimes hangs, or else. Youtube then hangs (no loader, but correct jerks.

There is something wrong? Have the software already uninstalled and reinstalled again, but also that brought nothing.

On my hardware can not lie: i5 2600K, 16GB DDR3, 2x 250GB SSD Samsung Evo.

Comment

Try uninstalling Java, go to the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders and delete any leftover Java folders, then install a fresh copy of Java from www.java.com.

The client shows up in the Task Manager as a java.exe process since it is a Java program. When I look at the CPU usage by the client it only ever uses 4% for me on an i5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, and 2x 1TB Western Digital HD. If it is using more than 5% for you then something else must be happening and my first guess would be something odd going on with Java which is the reason I suggest reinstalling Java.

Versuchen Sie, Java zu deinstallieren, gehen Sie zu den Program Files und Program Files (x86) Ordner und löschen Sie alle verbleibenden Java-Ordner und installieren Sie dann eine neue Kopie von Java von www.java.com.

Der Client wird im Task-Manager als java.exe-Prozess angezeigt, da es ein Java-Programm ist. Wenn ich die CPU-Nutzung durch den Client betrachte, verwende es immer nur 4% für mich auf einem i5 3570K, 16GB DDR3 und 2x 1TB Western Digital HD. Wenn es mehr als 5% für dich verwendet dann etwas anderes muss passieren und meine erste Vermutung wäre etwas seltsam los mit Java, die der Grund, ich schlage vor, Java neu zu installieren.

Comment

Okay, have just uninstalled Java, corresponding folders deleted, computer restarted. Java reinstalled and the same problem again.

For clarity I have times screenshots made. Since you can see pretty much exactly the problem.

https://www.imagebanana.com/s/781/G773Ec0A.html

https://www.imagebanana.com/s/781/Igq7ndu9.html

Comment

Those screen shots don't really show anything other than something used a high percentage of CPU time for a brief moment. The screen shots do not show what used the CPU time. This is what mine looks like with Zygor (and others) running in the background, 2 browsers with multiple tabs open, and the live chat software going. http://puu.sh/x7xMT/a4692a919c.png

You have a whole lot more processes going so it could be any of them interacting negatively with Java that is causing the big spike. I have to assume it's something specific with your computer because no one else has reported any problems like this.

Comment

Working...
                          X