Lagging Behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging Behind

I've been using the Zygor WoW guides for years, and find them *very* useful, but have recently gone back to ESO in the light of the One Tamriel update, so of course I loaded up the guide for ESO.

To say I'm a little underwhelmed is putting it mildly, as the ESO guide is a pale imitation of the WoW guides, and is lacking most of the features I now take for granted in Zygor for WoW. I do realise that the APIs of the two games are quite different, but I had expected a little more accuracy and function, especially in something as basic as advancing to the next step of the guide, which seems to be only manually activated in the ESO guide.

So, is the ESO guide destined to stay the poor relation, or can we look forward to better things? After all, the game isn't exactly new any more, and I would have expected Zygor to keep up with the new update at least.

We do plan to do more work on the ESO guides and hopefully add in more content. However, the functional limitations are likely to remain due to the games API. ESO, unlike WoW, does not use a dynamic ID system to detect npcs, quests, ect. which means any time they make a change to one of these (and history has shown the games developers love to do so) the guide detection would break and require a full re-run of the guides to see what the changed it to. This is the reason we opted for the manual progression of steps. Note that you can set up keybinds to control the step skipping more easily with your mouse or keyboard.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
    X