The guide is not detecting changes in ESO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guide is not detecting changes in ESO

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the guide twice completely wiping the folders. I update the guise every time before I start ESO.

1. Consistently, the guide fails to detect path triggers. (i.e. go up the stairs once reached, does not go tot he next step).

2. Frequently, it does not recognize quest steps when they are completed.

I would say that 90% of the time, I am manually skipping to the next step. it does, however recognize quest completion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

These are things that are not always easy to detect in the game with the information provided by the game to addons. We will check into trying to improve this more but things like quest objective completion is not something the game says you have done to make it easy.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Since one tamiral the guide has become almost useless for me the auto advance feature is totally out of whack and finding the sync point has become far harder...espaly if the room has been in that zone before the change.

in the past you could just bring up the guide for the level range and it would work within the constraints of the rather weak LUA support that the game provides. but now you enter the guide for the zone that you are in and hit the auto advance and it seems never to stop where you need to be unless you are new to that zone...

I know you are putting all your effort into your WoW guides support but perhaps it is time to peel off a worker or two to work on the ESO guide again... I would be glad to beta but since I no longer play WoW the subscription model to get into your beta program makes no sense for me... but take a look at my contributions over the years to your products and perhaps you will see some value in to letting me help when you get around to working on the ESO guide again.

Comment

There will be work done on the ESO guides once the Legion guides are all finished. I do not know if there will be a beta version for the ESO guides, right now that is only with the WoW guides.

Comment

Ulst stated it perfectly.

I would ask that you reconsider your plan for updating/repairing ESO. I fully understand that the majority of the contributing members are in WoW, but you also have family in ESO and we are FAR FAR worse off. Even some minor fixes would be a sign that we are not forgotten.

As of yet, I have not been able to find an auto-advance button. I am manually skipping steps which is probably better, since valid steps are sometimes grey in the guide.

Comment

In short, I wouldn't hold my breath for them to update it. There will always be another WOW update to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tmr4122 View Post
              Ulst stated it perfectly.

I would ask that you reconsider your plan for updating/repairing ESO. I fully understand that the majority of the contributing members are in WoW, but you also have family in ESO and we are FAR FAR worse off. Even some minor fixes would be a sign that we are not forgotten.

As of yet, I have not been able to find an auto-advance button. I am manually skipping steps which is probably better, since valid steps are sometimes grey in the guide.
              I agree with tmr4122,
              We need more work please,
              I no longer play wow and so my "subs" are now for ESO.
              You say "There will be work done on the ESO guides once the Legion guides are ALL finished."
              The thing is, Legion will never be finished because of the way Blizz are releasing new content on a regular basis to keep it fresh.
              So please have a re-think and look after us ESO "ELITE" members, or are we expendable?
              Regards Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by domax View Post
                I agree with tmr4122,
                We need more work please,
                I no longer play wow and so my "subs" are now for ESO.
                You say "There will be work done on the ESO guides once the Legion guides are ALL finished."
                The thing is, Legion will never be finished because of the way Blizz are releasing new content on a regular basis to keep it fresh.
                So please have a re-think and look after us ESO "ELITE" members, or are we expendable?
                Regards Dave.
                What was meant by waiting until "Legion guides are all finished" just meant updating each of the guide types with the main new content that was added when Legion launched. This is mostly done now between the live and stable guides. It did not include the ongoing updates Blizzard is making adding small chunks of additional content. We hope to be getting back to working on ESO guides soon.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Now that the new guides are being released, will ESO see some fixes and updates?

Comment

I'd love to see some updates to the ESO guide please. I have stopped playing WoW, cancelled my sub, and am now subbed to ESO. The only reason I continue to pay the elite fee for Zygor is for the ESO guide. I don't know if WoW is just reaching the end of its lifespan (I was subbed for 8 years) but I've noticed a trend in people who leave WoW come right over to ESO. Long-term, it's worthwhile for Zygor to at least maintain the ESO guide, as existing Zygor members for WoW will continue to give you business.

Comment

We do have someone on the team who has started going thru the ESO guides to update them.

Comment

Working...
                      X