Am I using the auction house correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I using the auction house correctly?

Every time I try and select the buy tab it says Analyzing Auction data, and will do so. I sat for 30minutes and it did not complete, not I search it inbetween dungeons and have yet to get it to finish. Is this going to be a first time setup thing or can I expect this every time I try and use the buy tab?

That is highly unusual. In the Zygor client, click the cog wheel at the bottom right. In the new window, click Wow Gold Guide at the left. In the right pane, select your region and realm(s) you play in and then Add.

This should populate the window with one or more realms. If you use the beta version of the Zygor guides AddOn, also click Copy to Beta.

Now load the game, visit the auction house, go to the sell tab. I suggest doing a Scan All at least once. What you will find is the automatic scan will scan your bags for items that can be auctioned to get their latest prices.

Scan All is a more thorough grab of the AH data. On my computer, Scan All takes about ~2 - 3 minutes. The faster scan (Appraise All?) should take a few seconds.

As you post things, the quicker Appraise will scan on each item to get up to the second data. It takes 4 passes and lasts about 5 seconds.
    A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

So what is happening when I go to the buy tab and wait for it to finish? That search has never finished before where as the sell ones have.

Comment

It sounds like you are opening the AH window, it's opening onto the Sell tab by default, and then you click the Buy tab right away to switch over to that tab. If that is the case then here is what's happening.

When you first open the Sell tab it will do an Appraise All scan to get AH data on items in your bags. Switching out of the Sell tab before it finishes it's Appraise All scan is most likely breaking that function as it can no longer see the items in your bag that it's trying to scan the AH for.

There are two ways to work around this. The first is to simply wait a minute when opening the AH window to allow the Appraise All scan to complete before switching tabs. The second is to go into the guide viewer options in the Inventory Management section and to set it so that the Sell tab is not opened by default when you open the AH window. That will allow the normal Browse tab to open when you open the AH window and you can then go straight to the Buy tab without the tools trying to do an Appraise All scan of the items in your bags.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X