• Show
Clear All

New Guide 6.1.15145 Unusable

The new guide is unusable, FONTS are way to small
    Guide is to big, scaling is broken

I can't READ any of the guide TEXT
    I can see the HUGE BORDERS, HUGE LOGO, HUGE ICONS within your GUIDE Frame
    but all the text is so tiny

even with everything scaled to LARGE, only text I can read is what is under the ARROW. Arrow has to be set to HUGE to get the FONT to re-size to actually get it to be readable. FONT size is never big enough now.

Old UI was easily navigated, not sure why you change stuff for the sake of changing, especially seeing we always lose something in the exchange.

This new 'thing' you came up with is just horrible, in *every* way.
    Please let us roll back to the former OLD UI guide that functioned flawlessly.
    Please let us OPT OUT of UI changes like this in the future.

X34 Predator + HP ZR30w
    Geforce 1080
    I7-4770K

I agree. I do not like the new "layout" of the guide interface. So many good "options" were taken away it seems, or very well hidden.

No more step numbers.
    No more customizing font size to your liking. We just get "small", "normal", or "large".

There's more items that I can't remember right now, but for me those two are pretty big.

Comment

Looks just the same to me. Text is the same size, step numbers are showing etc.

I did come on here to see where the "accept all quests" option had gone to though. I miss that already Please bring that back.

EDIT: "accept all quests" option is still there as I have a profile with it selected. It's just not visible any more that I can see. So it just needs to be added to the ui as an option.
      Last edited by xerty; December 27, 2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Accept All quests and turning them in was removed from the settings. I think that code might still be available for debugging use so that might be why it works still on old settings. Right now it's just the setting to accept and turn in quests for the currently displayed guide step.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
          Accept All quests and turning them in was removed from the settings. I think that code might still be available for debugging use so that might be why it works still on old settings. Right now it's just the setting to accept and turn in quests for the currently displayed guide step.
          Please bring back the option for all quests as I use that quite often.

Comment

I agree, i pay for this crap every month and your new update isn't working. It doesn't go to the next steps of the quests, i have no arrow pointer, it doesn't even show that i have zygor running in the addons when i go to my interface and click the addons tab. I uninstalled, re-installed, its in the addons folder again, did everything as normal, did a fresh restart before logging in. Doesn't cycle through the questlines for the leveling zones at al, doesn't have lists to pick which zone i want to go in, my zygor is just not working at all. If this isn't fixed soon, i'll level the hard way manually and end my subscription to zygor after all these years.

Comment

It sounds like you might have a corrupted file or an addon conflict happening. Try exiting the game, going to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there.

As for the addon not appearing in the Interface window, the settings were moved out of there into a standalone window. To access the settings click the gear icon at the bottom right of the guide viewer, the gear icon at the bottom right of the guide selection window, or right click on the Z mini map icon if you have that enabled.

Comment

Deleted the stuff out of the folder, restarted comp, still the same thing. Ever since this update, it's screwed everything up, how are people supposed to know to go into all these folders and do all this special shit? Should work if it's in my addons folder, it's there and not showing up in-game.

Comment

I got it thanks.

Comment

Agree with everything you just typed. I have read through the forums and to my knowledge nobody ever complained about having the option to hide the guide controls; nobody ever complained about having the option to import settings from other characters. So why change things? It's not for the better. I am already considering cancelling my subscription and moving over to Dugi Guides. These new Zygor guides are becoming a chore to use.

Originally posted by ironbits View Post
                    The new guide is unusable, FONTS are way to small
                    Guide is to big, scaling is broken

I can't READ any of the guide TEXT
                    I can see the HUGE BORDERS, HUGE LOGO, HUGE ICONS within your GUIDE Frame
                    but all the text is so tiny

even with everything scaled to LARGE, only text I can read is what is under the ARROW. Arrow has to be set to HUGE to get the FONT to re-size to actually get it to be readable. FONT size is never big enough now.

Old UI was easily navigated, not sure why you change stuff for the sake of changing, especially seeing we always lose something in the exchange.

Please let us roll back to the former OLD UI guide that functioned flawlessly.
                    Please let us OPT OUT of UI changes like this in the future.

X34 Predator + HP ZR30w
                    Geforce 1080
                    I7-4770K

Comment

Originally posted by ironbits
                      We'll get more text scaling options added back in, including a dedicated slider just for text. However, I'm confused about your other comments. Other than the text sizing issues, what don't you like about the new UI changes?

Originally posted by kingvanity
                      No more step numbers.
                      No more customizing font size to your liking. We just get "small", "normal", or "large".
                      Step numbers are still there. We'll be adding back in the text size scalers in an upcoming update.

Originally posted by waynebaal
                      nobody ever complained about having the option to import settings from other characters.
                      Importing settings is still there and even easier now. See Options / Profiles.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Additional options have been added for Guide Viewer, Waypoint Arrow, and text sizing in Version: 6.1.15200.
                        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Is there any plan to reimplement the Accept All and Turn in All? It was very helpful, and I dont think I'm alone in saying that I miss having it.

Comment

There are no plans that I'm aware of but that can change at any time as we continue to receive different feedback on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dconahan88 View Post
                              I agree, i pay for this crap every month and your new update isn't working. It doesn't go to the next steps of the quests, i have no arrow pointer, it doesn't even show that i have zygor running in the addons when i go to my interface and click the addons tab. I uninstalled, re-installed, its in the addons folder again, did everything as normal, did a fresh restart before logging in. Doesn't cycle through the questlines for the leveling zones at al, doesn't have lists to pick which zone i want to go in, my zygor is just not working at all. If this isn't fixed soon, i'll level the hard way manually and end my subscription to zygor after all these years.

Same issue here, frustrating...

Comment

Working...
                              X