ESO Guide Plans for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESO Guide Plans for 2017

The current ESO guide is out dated with numerous bugs/issues.

What the your plans for the ESO guide in 2017?

Are you planning on fixing the current issues?, keeping the guide updated?, what about keeping it up to date with DLC's?

I am looking for something more concrete other than "coming Soon" response. If the plan is several months out, let us know!

Since I am only currently interested in the ESO guide, there is no value for myself to keep my subscription, with the current state of the guide.

looking forward to your feedback.

much appreciated.

Zygor Admin is the one that will have more specific answers for you but he's out for holiday vacation right now. I do know there are plans to update the guides, however I do not know when that will be started and I do not know if any of the DLC content will be getting added to the guides.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I actually reactivated my Zygor elite just for ESO. it would be nice to see more robust features like they have for the WOW guides. Currently it seems it only shows leveling guides for the faction you are. Nothing for tradeskills and not a seperate guide for finding things like Shyshards, even though it's listed as a feature. I suppose they are rolled into the leveling guide for the zone you are in?

Anyways, I pay for the elite and expect the same quality for RSO that has been given to WOW, at least for basic things like trade skills guides and farming. Hoping this Tamerial update they have put into the game stimulates things enough to get this rolling for things such as Zygor in 2017

Comment

What can be done in the ESO guides is limited by the addon API for ESO. This is a completely different API when compared to the WoW addon API so what can be done with the guide viewer for each individual game will vary greatly. This is also why things like the quest detection doesn't work as well in ESO, they use a completely different way of tracking quests that just isn't as reliable as how quests are tracked in WoW.

And yes, the Skyshards and the Lorebooks for mage guild rep are integrated into the zone leveling guides.

I do know we had someone start working thru the zone leveling guides for ESO today looking for things not working and getting them fixed.

Comment

So now we know your not going to do much because of the API, can you please tell us what you WILL do. Plus as a point, if you don't really have much interest in updating ESO, why are you touting that as a significant benefit of your monthly plan. There are for example several content updates which it looks like you have no interest in adding content for, are you indeed adding said content.

I'll be honest, i'm the type of person that would rather pay outright than do the monthly thing. If you did start adding said content I would be willing to pay extra for it. But I honestly don't think that you will look at that, even if your add-on can't detect the quest status, while I won't deny it's annoying, as long as I can map the next/previous step to a key I can deal with it.

Comment

Right now we're working on going through and updating our ESO existing guides to work with the latest update. Any new quest based content is likely to be added after that, however, entirely new guides, such as professions or achievements, are more debatable. We have no immediate plans for the latter but it's definitely something we'd like to do if we can manage it.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Is there no way to add crafting to the ESO in game Zygor guides? That alone would make keeping the guides active worth it once I level up.

Also, I noticed that I have to constantly click "next" to get it to move on manually very frequently. Wouldn't be a big deal, except in ESO, you dont have your mouse cursor automatically. I STILL love the leveling aspect of Zygor, but just would love to see more implemented. What is it about the addon API that is limiting work on the ESO guides? There are a LOT of addons out there for the game others have made, but honestly..I trust you guys more because of experiencing your guides with WOW. I expected a better product and hope to see more for ESO.

Basically, I've seen other guides being tooted that include crafting and gold making in their ESO guides. Why shouldn't I switch to their paid for service? I'm not being trivial here. I honestly want to know where to get most bang for my buck and a trustworthy service.
              Last edited by kridina; January 11, 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I think you will quickly find that those other guides that include all of the things you want are all in an e-book format and not an in-game guide like we produce. With those you won't have an arrow to show you where to go, you'll still have to find where you need to be in game and it's not something you can easily read while playing like you can with an in game guide that shows you step by step.

Right now we still have most of our team working to finish up the Legion WoW guides so we can get more people looking at things with the ESO guides. We do have someone working thru the ESO guides that are already available looking for ways to improve those existing guides. Once the Legion guides are finished we'll have more breathing room to be able to look at what is currently possible with the ESO addon API and make decisions on what we would like to try to do at that time.

For the manually advancing of the steps there is a Zygor section in the keybindings that you can use to bind a key to the next step button so you don't need to click it. You can also press the period (.) key by default to give you the mouse to use without opening up all of the different menus.

Comment

How many techs do you have working on this, so far all I see is Admin the 'main guy and support the 'underling' who keeps the users at bay until Admin comes back from holiday, please stop with the excuses and get someone to work on the guide full time.
                  I apologize for appearing to be rude but I am getting very frustrated that my pleas for more content are being ignored and I believe judging by the posts not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by henly1234 View Post
                    How many techs do you have working on this, so far all I see is Admin the 'main guy and support the 'underling' who keeps the users at bay until Admin comes back from holiday, please stop with the excuses and get someone to work on the guide full time.
                    I apologize for appearing to be rude but I am getting very frustrated that my pleas for more content are being ignored and I believe judging by the posts not the only one.
                    We have team members working on updating these guides and they've already completed 2 of the 3 faction guide overhauls. We've been posting announcements as each faction was completed here: http://zygorguides.com/blog/category...crolls-online/

The final faction, Ebonheart Pact, should be finished shortly, within the next week or so. If you're having issues with the 2 guides that were recently updated please contact support or make a new post describing said issues. Thanks.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

The only 'issues' I'm having is having no new ESO content, so 'ESO Guide Plans for 2017' nada or even more excuses.

Comment

I also would like to add my name to the list of people who would like to see an updated to the ESO guides. I understand it can't be fully automated due to the way the game differs to WoW (quest ids etc as you mentioned) but i still found the approach to the current guides to be very useful.

With the release of morrowind i think you could rake in the profits, which is what it's all about??, whilst also keeping the current users happy.

I have been a long-term WoW player but have recently quit for ESO so i found it a shame when it became obvious that WoW has received a LOT more devotion in comparison to ESO.

Please reconsider your future path for ESO guides.

-Wrath

Comment

As of a little over a week ago, we now have someone dedicated to adding the missing ESO questing content, for the newest expansion, as well as the older ones. We will be releasing them as they are completed in chunks.
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

This is brilliant news!!!!!

Many thanks for the quick reply and update. I'm sure a lot of people will smile when they read your post

-Wrath

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                              As of a little over a week ago, we now have someone dedicated to adding the missing ESO questing content, for the newest expansion, as well as the older ones. We will be releasing them as they are completed in chunks.
                              Hey, is would it be possible for you to create a new post to announce updates for the ESO guide development? Or just a general update response to this post. Can't wait to see new updates to the ESO guide!!

-Wrath

Comment

Working...
                              X