OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold addon sold the wrong item at the wrong price (bug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold addon sold the wrong item at the wrong price (bug)

Hi everyone,

Until today, I've run the gold/auction addon without any major problems, but due to a bug, it practically gave someone free money. So, I scan the auction house without problems, Thermal Anvil happens to be the only item in the "sell now" range at 11 gold a piece, directly below it is Tome of the Tranquil Mind at about 260g a piece, pretty low for the item, but it does make it the top "sell later" item.

So, I choose to sell my 3 Thermal Anvils at 11 gold a piece, forgetting that one of them has used charges. Normally, in this case, the addon would simply refuse to sell and maybe throw an error. But it bugged out rather nastily today: instead of just not selling, it picked the item below (i.e. Tome of The Tranquil Mind, usual market value about 350 gold, but market was at 260 gold) and creates 3 auctions. I immediately notice I now still have 3 Thermal Anvils and only 2 Tomes of The Tranquil Mind, and 3 "Your auction for Tome of The Tranquil Mind has sold" notifications, but at the time, I thought they would at least have sold for the 260 gold current market price and that someone just wanted them badly.

An hour later, I come to collect my +/- 800 gold and notice there's about 30 gold in the mail. So it must have sold my Tomes I was holding on until I could force 500 gold a piece out of the market for a whopping 11 gold at best, which is essentially giving away free money. Please fix this ASAP, because as much as losing 750 gold to a bug hurts, I could get lucky because at least I noticed the market for that item was ripe for cornering. But if this happens with some investment items, we could be talking about a WoW token worth of gold lost to a simple bug and I imagine the poor sap in that situation will be far more annoyed than I am at this moment.
    Altoholic and proud of it!

Babylon 5 quotes:
    • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
    • "Power beckons, and who among us is strong enough to ignore its siren song?"
    • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

You say you've had times before when you had an anvil without full charges and it would give an error and/or not post it?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Yes, sometimes I forget to put the anvil without full charges in the bank before going to the auction house. And since you can't put items with used charges on the auction house, it won't post at those times. Last night, it somehow posted the item below instead because it couldn't post the anvils. I'll see if I can replicate the conditions with safer items.

EDIT: I can replicate it, as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq4Ndwezkss
      Last edited by Negal_Horde; January 2, 2017, 04:30 AM.

Babylon 5 quotes:
      • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
      • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

Comment

Huh, wonder why it posted the Fish Oil instead of the Fish Scales which were directly below the anvils. I'll have our devs check into this to see what's happening.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It could be that I checked the fish scales right before the fish oils or that the fish oils hadn't been scanned yet. Yesterday, the tomes were on top first, old data had them at sell now and updated them to sell later, then I checked the thermal anvils. So it could be that it stumbles on a non-sellable item and goes to the next item on its list rather than the next item of the intended type in my inventory.

Babylon 5 quotes:

Comment

Working...
          X