• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Unable to access jarfile

Hi,

I keep getting this each time I start my computer:

(Java Virtual Machine Launcher)
    Error Unable to access jarfile c:\users\michael\appdata\roaming\zygor guides client\Zygor.jar

I have to click OK, and then it goes away.

The client works fine and everything, but pretty annoying it comes each time.

I have tried uninstall + reinstall + repairwrench etc.

And its the same on both my computers.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
    Michael

1. Uninstall Java from your computer, using either Settings, Apps & features, or Control Panel (depending on Windows 10 or earlier). If you see multiple listings of Java, uninstall all of them.
    2. Go to www.java.com and get the latest version, then install it.
    A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

Are you still experiencing issues? This issue is with the startup script that handles the client being run when you startup your computer.

Something you should verify is that the .jar file exists at the path you are being told it cannot access. You should be able to copy paste "c:\users\michael\appdata\roaming\zygor guides client" (no quotes) into your File Explorer address bar and be taken to a directory that contains Zygor.jar.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
        Are you still experiencing issues? This issue is with the startup script that handles the client being run when you startup your computer.

Something you should verify is that the .jar file exists at the path you are being told it cannot access. You should be able to copy paste "c:\users\michael\appdata\roaming\zygor guides client" (no quotes) into your File Explorer address bar and be taken to a directory that contains Zygor.jar.
        Yes I am.

I found that the file exists - but not in C:\users\ but in C:\brugere\ (same word just in Danish :-))

Can I change the path somewhere to the right one?

Funny that it choose the "users" because it is a freshly built PC with Windows 10(danish version) clean installation.

Thanks in advance,

/Michael

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbay View Post
          Yes I am.

I found that the file exists - but not in C:\users\ but in C:\brugere\ (same word just in Danish :-))

Can I change the path somewhere to the right one?

Funny that it choose the "users" because it is a freshly built PC with Windows 10(danish version) clean installation.

Thanks in advance,

/Michael
          Interesting. I don't hardcode that path, so it's Java that would be spitting back C:\Users.

Try appeasing Java and creating C:/Users and placing your installation directory in there. (Consider re-installing the client and selecting that directory)

I think that might be the "easy fix" for this.

From some quick searching around, I didn't find any other solutions regarding non-localized file paths with Java. I know on Mac OS X, the change in file name is only visual. That is, the REAL path would still be /Users/<user>/... but it would be displayed as /brugere/<user>/... . I'm unsure if Windows is the same.

Comment

Working...
          X