Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide Updater won't run

Hi,
    since a couple of days the guide updater will not run anymore.
    I get a message saying "Another instance of the application is already running. We were unable to display it. Would you like to attempt to exit it?"
    When I try to exit another messages pop up: "We failed to shutdown the other instance of the Zygor Guide client."

I restarted my computer, reinstalled both Java and Zygor, still get the same error.

Do you have a Z icon in your system tray? The "unable to display" and "failed to shutdown" say there's likely not, but always best to check.

Next thing you can check is if there's a stray java.exe or javaw.exe process running in your Task Manager (Or, if you're on Mac, a Java application on your dock)

Finally, if you're still not able to get the client running after ending a stray process, your log might be of some use. You can find it at:
    Windows: C:\Users\<YOUR_USER>\AppData\Roaming\Zygor Guides Client\log --by default, you may have selected a different installation directory
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Zygor Guides Client -- ~ represents your Home directory. This expands to /Users/<YOUR_USER>

The proper log file is whichever one with the highest version number, likely 3.2.212.txt or 3.2.213.txt. You can e-mail this file to support@zygorguides.com

Comment

There is a Z Icon in the system tray when both messages pop up.

The java.exe process only appears in the Task Manager when I try to open the guide updater and disappears after the "failed to shutdown" message disappears. There also seems to be a Zygor process running (see attached picture).

zygor.jpg

I killed the Java process a couple of times and tried to start the updater - didn't work.

I have e-mailed the logfile to the e-mail adress.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X