Guide not updating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide not updating.

I understand the current version of these (Beta) guides should be 6.5. something. However the version I have installed is 6.1.15690. I have tried to update manually by trying reinstall also scan and repair, even uninstall then reinstall but it keeps saying the above version is up to date. In game it says I am running Beta.
    Can you please tell if I'm doing something wrong and how to bring my guides up to date.

It sounds like you have the wrong game selected, correct me if I end up being wrong on my guess.

Your client should look like this. Note that the 'Word of Warcraft (Beta Guides)' game is highlighted, and the proper version displays in the DOWNLOAD panel.

Is that the problem, maybe?

Comment

It looks like attached screenshot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes when you open it up from the task bar it will have the beta version highlighted as if it were selected but the right side is showing you the normal version. Just select the normal version and then select the beta version again (change off and back onto the middle highlight) and then the right side will show you the correct info.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

My thought process and/or the steps I would take to figure out what's going on:

What Cabby said can certainly happen. That'd be a graphical glitch with Java. I'm hesitant to say re-installing Java would have any effect, but it's worked wonders for people before, so I won't rule it out.

Client session may have gotten messed up. I'd exit out of the client completely and restart.
          --Go into the tray, right click the Z icon, and select Exit. Start the client back up.

This would normally resolve such an issue.
          If it didn't, try hitting the reload button. If that doesn't fix it, something else is messed up, and it's clearly a bug somewhere.

Ultimately, a log file would let me see what's going on under the hood, so if that version is still stuck on 6.1 guides, right click your Z icon in the tray, select Open log, and email support@zygorguides.com with 3.2.229.txt attached.

Comment

Problem solved. Having only just recently installed the Zygor client. Prior to this I only used the Zygor updater to update my guides. It appears the updater and the client are incompatible together on the same machine (mine anyway) When I removed the updater the client worked just fine. I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or I failed to look properly at the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by alinta39 View Post
              Problem solved. Having only just recently installed the Zygor client. Prior to this I only used the Zygor updater to update my guides. It appears the updater and the client are incompatible together on the same machine (mine anyway) When I removed the updater the client worked just fine. I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or I failed to look properly at the instructions.
              I don't quite follow. You're mentioning a Zygor client and an updater. Are you referring to the old white client? They're two completely independent pieces of software, and as such, should not be used together. The new one (black themed) should be the only one you use. If not, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying was the problem.

Comment

Yes I am referring to the white one, the one I have been using since 2011. I didn't even know the black one existed until I went looking for a way to use the Beta guide after 7.2 was released on Beta. The old one did everything I needed up until the latest patch.

Comment

Originally posted by alinta39 View Post
                  Yes I am referring to the white one, the one I have been using since 2011. I didn't even know the black one existed until I went looking for a way to use the Beta guide after 7.2 was released on Beta. The old one did everything I needed up until the latest patch.
                  Makes sense. Well I was able to isolate the issue you were having with the version not displaying correctly, so a fix for that will roll out with the next client update. A temporary fix is to click to the regular World of Warcraft game, and back to the beta guides. If the version doesn't display as 6.5.xxxx, then whatever it's installing is not the correct game. (For beta guides, that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                    Makes sense. Well I was able to isolate the issue you were having with the version not displaying correctly, so a fix for that will roll out with the next client update. A temporary fix is to click to the regular World of Warcraft game, and back to the beta guides. If the version doesn't display as 6.5.xxxx, then whatever it's installing is not the correct game. (For beta guides, that is)
                    When I removed the old white one, the client seemed to work just fine and allow me to select the Beta guide and the Download status on the right reflected this by changing to 6.5.15711. The weird thing is the in game guide viewer said I was using the Beta guide and could load the 7.2 new content but the client was only showing the WoW standard guide in the download status. I realized there was an issue when I couldn't find the Legionfall rep guide.

Comment

Working...
                    X