Not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy

I have to say I am not happy with the lack of support of this latest patch. It has been out over three weeks ago after having been on the PTR for more than two months. We still have basically no guides for anything in the patch. The intro stuff is not released. The artifact stuff is not released. I am really regretting purchasing a subscription to these guides.

Most of the 7.2 content guides are available in the beta version of the guides. There were a lot of changes from PTR to live and most of what you see in the game right now wasn't available on PTR to make a guide for it.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I am not paying to be a beta tester. I have done that in the past and just don't want to do that right now. I just want to use the guides I paid for. Which is apparently the initial release ones (which were delayed and some of them still aren't done.) Still disappointed with the product I paid for. I just don't want to flush what I paid down the toilet so I will stick with this guide and hope it improves (even though it has done the opposite the whole time I have been using the guides.) When I quit WoW again, I will cancel this as well. The difference being I will probably restart WoW after the next expansion and zygor will not be.

Comment

Originally posted by billyb3 View Post
        I am not paying to be a beta tester. I have done that in the past and just don't want to do that right now. I just want to use the guides I paid for. Which is apparently the initial release ones (which were delayed and some of them still aren't done.) Still disappointed with the product I paid for. I just don't want to flush what I paid down the toilet so I will stick with this guide and hope it improves (even though it has done the opposite the whole time I have been using the guides.) When I quit WoW again, I will cancel this as well. The difference being I will probably restart WoW after the next expansion and zygor will not be.
        Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps I can provide more information that may clear things up a bit.

Since we have no special access or admin privileges to speed things up in the game, we have to play through the content the same as any regular player when creating the guides. All of our guides go through at least 2 passes before being released to the live build: one for writing, and one for testing. In the past, when a new patch was released, we would release the guides as soon as they completed pass 1 in order to get them out sooner, but due to quality concerns, all releases now require both passes. With Legion, due to class halls and artifacts, Blizzard made many questlines different for each class, sometimes even for different specs. This means having to write and play through the content 12 times, or more, for all classes/specs. As a result of this game design it makes Legion releases slower, so as an alternative we introduced the beta release where content in pass 1 could be accessed as soon as it was written. If you read some of the reviews from folks who have been using the beta these guides are pretty reliable and usable, and if you're a long time user, they're technically no different from the way we released things in the past. So what has really changed is just our distribution method, with everything no longer going through the live build release in untested and tested stages. I would highly encourage you to give the beta a try if you want to access guides for the latest content added to the game. Given where we're at in testing the 7.2 content should hit live though within the next couple weeks.
        Last edited by Zygor Admin; April 18, 2017, 11:19 AM.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps I can provide more information that may clear things up a bit.

Since we have no special access or admin privileges to speed things up in the game, we have to play through the content the same as any regular player when creating the guides. All of our guides go through at least 2 passes before being released to the live build: one for writing, and one for testing. In the past, when a new patch was released, we would release the guides as soon as they completed pass 1 in order to get them out sooner, but due to quality concerns, all releases now require both passes. With Legion, due to class halls and artifacts, Blizzard made many questlines different for each class, sometimes even for different specs. This means having to write and play through the content 12 times, or more, for all classes/specs. As a result of this game design it makes Legion releases slower, so as an alternative we introduced the beta release where content in pass 1 could be accessed as soon as it was written. If you read some of the reviews from folks who have been using the beta these guides are pretty reliable and usable, and if you're a long time user, they're technically no different from the way we released things in the past. So what has really changed is just our distribution method, with everything no longer going through the live build release in untested and tested stages. I would highly encourage you to give the beta a try if you want to access guides for the latest content added to the game. Given where we're at in testing the 7.2 content should hit live though within the next couple weeks.
          I enabled the beta two times. Both times it caused Zygor to not come up. It also caused a large amount of lua errors to flood my logs. Whether they are technically different or not, the previous versions didn't crash Zygor when released after "pass 1". There are still parts of the initial release that aren't done. I am just disappointed with this expansion's release of the guides. It was marginally better back in WoD. I guess it is a foolish pipe dream to expect anything near the level of MoP guides. Or the earlier ones.

Comment

Originally posted by billyb3 View Post
            I enabled the beta two times. Both times it caused Zygor to not come up. It also caused a large amount of lua errors to flood my logs. Whether they are technically different or not, the previous versions didn't crash Zygor when released after "pass 1". There are still parts of the initial release that aren't done. I am just disappointed with this expansion's release of the guides. It was marginally better back in WoD. I guess it is a foolish pipe dream to expect anything near the level of MoP guides. Or the earlier ones.
            If you were having errors like that it means you had both the normal guide and the beta guide enabled at the same time. It will only work with one guide enabled, so if you enable the beta version of the guide you must disable the normal version of the guide. And I mean in the addons listing in game (at the character selection screen) not on the desktop client.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
            X