This is getting a bit much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting a bit much

I get the "your guide is runout please update or renew or whatever. Check my bank and yes you took your payment but..still, this has happened 3 or 4 times now, that is 3 times to often. Even if you give me a fix it's still a big pia

Well thanks I knew I would find the answer before a reply, been on this over an hour and finally fixed it. Not including the time I was trying to fix it before posting What's worse is the fix means I have to update every single character, because of questlines, it acts like I never did them and you have to run through the.

I don't know if there is just one poor soul taking all the complaints (which would suck) but something I notice in these forums is there are not many "I am sorry" ,or we apologize, no kind of empathy. Oh and your damn gold guide still does not work with other tools of the same nature, with the free updated and new addons, Zygor is slowly becoming obsolete. Anyways I think i will hang on for a bit, but the next time I have to spend any time at all at fixing/updating and all that crap so i can continue to use your app right after you take my money, I am probably going to cancel my sub,at this time wholly, Grail , Tom Tom, and world quest tracker, and auctioneer, =Zygor for free. Your questing is better than most but I was snagged by the gold portion which has a handful of positives and crap load of negatives. It's only 11 bucks a month for me, which is nothing really, but I won't spend 3 dollars on something that is broken or not worth it. Your addon imo is closing in on that.

Yes I know they make changes on beta and u dont' have special access
    I also know that it's auctioneers fault that your gold addon (which is inferior) does not work right.
    Also u always have a reason as to why, but not once taking ownership. (this is my point of view only I don't speak for anyone else.

Comment

It sounds like you may have deleted your WTF files when doing the fix you found. That would be the only thing that would force you to re-do all of your characters but those WTF files have nothing to do with the subscription notice. Simply running the desktop client, clicking the refresh button at the top, and then doing a scan & repair should update the license file without affecting anything else.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Simply running the desktop client, clicking the refresh button at the top, and then doing a scan & repair should update the license file without affecting anything else.
        Really? when I hit refresh I lost the hole splash screen or Zygor GUI whatever you want to call it. So when I did have it up I clicked scan and repair then when I got back on , it was like the first time I had used it. I also assume you did not mean going into the WTF folder manually?

So to wrap this up for you.

1) OH noes sub is done
        2)Click refresh, client appears to close (no longer can see it on screen, or on my taskbar)
        3) Re-open client
        4)Click refresh, client appears to close again
        5) Re-open client
        6) Scan and repair
        7) Login and see Zygor acting like it was the first time I was using it.
        8) come to forums
        9) Get told I must've done something wrong for this to happen.
        10) Prove my point in my laso post ,
        but not once taking ownership

Regardless you are missing my point completely. Why do I have to do this in the first place. I mean you have a solution to the problem. That means you know the problem exists. I have also seen other threads like this. Should you not be trying to have this fixed? Like I said it is the 3rd maybe 4th time this has happened to me.

So when the licence gets renewed should you not make sure there is no silly interruption like this? The problem is fixed because of actions I took, my question is why is this not fixed ? Why is it my problem to fix when your billing, and licensing mess things up?

Comment

Step 2 there is indicating your problem. When you click the refresh button the desktop client should not close. Also a Scan & Repair does not wipe out any of the WTF files which is what would make it look like the first time Zygor is run. The client doesn't touch anything with the WTF folder because that is where all addon and game settings are stored. Try uninstalling all instances of Java, look in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders and delete any leftover Java folders, then grab a fresh copy of Java from www.java.com to reinstall. Once that is done check to see if the refresh button still closes the client.

When the client is operating normally it will check the expiration date and compare it to the expiration date on your subscription. The current expiration date is stored in a license file and the addon checks that to make sure you have access to all of the guides. After your subscription is renewed for another month if the client is running it will see that new expiration and update the license file. The client only checks for updates every couple of hours so that means it's possible for you to be 'expired' for a couple of hours after renewal unless you force the client to check immediately with the refresh and scan/repair. Of course for this to happen the client must be running and some people don't always run the client every day or have it running in the background which is why there is a solution available for making sure the license file gets updated. In your case the client isn't functioning correctly and that is why you are having a problem with getting the license file updated. Most likely your problem is Java related because of the client being a Java program and no one else is reporting the client closing when the refresh button is clicked, hence the above suggestion for a Java reinstall.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for that answer, you pointed me inthe right direction, boy do I feel dumb.

I should have just cancelled a few months ago.

I also did a search on "subscription problems" Now mind you they are not all the same,but holy cow page 1 had like 12? (In the title)

This might have gone differently had you answered with even a hint of ownership. You did not "admin with no Name".

I don't remember ever having to do this kind of nonsense with any type of Sub. You take my money you keep my sub active, I don't care how your billing system only checks from time to time. I mean this is just precious:
            The client only checks for updates every couple of hours so that means it's possible for you to be 'expired' for a couple of hours after renewal unless you force the client to check immediately with the refresh and scan/repair.
            Still no answer to my question: Why is it my problem to fix when your billing, and licensing mess things up?

Well not my problem anymore I added a couple more addons, like 2.. and I can do anything that zygor can do, and somethings are better.
            Since I am an honest guy I will say that you still have the best questing system when everything is updated.

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
            X