So 7.2.5 Chromie event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 7.2.5 Chromie event

Any chance we can have this before everybody has completed it.

Normally your guides are supplied after an event is over. The PTR is there and written guides are on Icyveins and wow head.

Why am i paying for this if im better off using wowhead of icyveins.

If its due to roll out tonight I apologise in advance. If not, /sigh

I have to say that I'm with Azure on this one. I pay 1/3 of my WoW subscription to not have guides for things when they come out. I'll admit that I've gotten spoiled having the guides for when I am leveling alts, but at this point there are other options that work just as well that are free if you know where to look. I really liked the idea of having all of my things in one guide, which is why I purchased Zygor before the sub came out, but I am beginning to question my loyalty when new content comes out and it's not even in the guides yet. I was under the impression that most add-on devs use their time on PTR to update their addons for patch day?

Comment

Unfortunately the automation aspect of our guides, that being the ability to detect what you do, have it complete, and skip to the next step, requires us to manually play through the content to make sure all the ids are correct and each step is working properly. This can be slow going when there are time-gates (as has been the case in this expansion) or other limiting factors, like needing to unlock Chromies talents in order to complete the scenario. We are listening to your feedback though and are working on ways to speed up and improve our process anyway we can.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by azurewraith View Post
        Any chance we can have this before everybody has completed it.

Normally your guides are supplied after an event is over. The PTR is there and written guides are on Icyveins and wow head.

Why am i paying for this if im better off using wowhead of icyveins.

If its due to roll out tonight I apologise in advance. If not, /sigh
        I too have now resorted to using WoWhead for guidance during this expansion. And rarely even bother using the guide anymore. I'm only continuing my subscription out of the hope that the Zygor will pull their fingers out; yes there is a drop of loyalty remaining after all these years.
        If Zygor is a one or two man band, then start employing people or go under. It is a sad state of business affairs when all of the information is and has been there, is freely available and usable by all, on time every time (WoWhead / Icyveins). Compare that to a paid service that feeds you Trumplike rationalisations on why its so very very hard to get the job done, but they have the best guides the very best guides, trust them, and yet they still hold out their hand for payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          Unfortunately the automation aspect of our guides, that being the ability to detect what you do, have it complete, and skip to the next step, requires us to manually play through the content to make sure all the ids are correct and each step is working properly. This can be slow going when there are time-gates (as has been the case in this expansion) or other limiting factors, like needing to unlock Chromies talents in order to complete the scenario. We are listening to your feedback though and are working on ways to speed up and improve our process anyway we can.
          While this is interesting. The play though and questing have all been avaliable on the PTR for quite a while. This is exactly the same method you use for an expansion launch. You guys use the PTR to write guides and hot fix when its released. Why does this stop? This is a premium cost I suspect most of us expect a premium product.

You guys made a great leveling guide. If you want us to keep using it you need to have guides for the leveled characters or we will stop finding this useful.

Comment

I have been with zygor, like the rest of these guys for years. It worked it worked well I never got lost, directions were clear, steps were outlined in advance along with all the items needed BEFORE you entered an instance, or an area that was difficult to get back from. Unfortunately except for access to the gold guide (and yes other things will do just as well) nothing works in a manner that is useful to me, steps are incomplete, directions are fubarred, worse...where zygor used to say before going into "this scenario or this quest line"bring blah blah blah....now it says follow the path follow the path...if you need more xyz then it can be found around the world follow the path. I have my other pc fired up, free web sites opened up and their data bases along with videos giving me instructions on what to bring, where to go and how to survive once I get there because Zygor will often fail on all three counts. If I must leave a quest due to real life obligations, zygor will no longer allow me to find it or even direct me to how to get back there. It's been a great run though and I will miss a few things, but not enough to continue.

Comment

Working...
            X