OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expiring guides each month - stop it!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expiring guides each month - stop it!!!!!

Seriously guys - this expiring guides each month because of the subscription renewal is really really really getting on my nerves. Stop this nonsense!!! Yes I have a subscription that renews each month but why does that mean my guides have to stop working each month and I have to update, uninstall and reinstall and whatever each month to make the guides work again???? That's unbearable. I can no longer be bothered with this nonsense.

Stop this or I will get rid of this guide and the subscription.

This is done for 2 reasons:

1. To update your license so that the addon knows you still have an active subscription.

and

2. To make sure you have the latest updates. Just about every week we push out new updates with fixes, improvements, and new content. The majority of technical support issues that we receive are the result of people running outdated versions of the guides. In order to provide the optimum experience we require that you update at least one time per month.

If you would prefer an uninterrupted experience we suggest that you enable automatic updates in the Zygor Guides client and then keep the Client running all the time in background mode.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
      1. To update your license so that the addon knows you still have an active subscription.
      That is your problem and I should not be bothered with it.

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
      2. To make sure you have the latest updates. Just about every week we push out new updates with fixes, improvements, and new content. The majority of technical support issues that we receive are the result of people running outdated versions of the guides. In order to provide the optimum experience we require that you update at least one time per month.

If you would prefer an uninterrupted experience we suggest that you enable automatic updates in the Zygor Guides client and then keep the Client running all the time in background mode.
      I update all my addons, including Zygor Guides, every day. In the instance of Zygor Guides of course via the Client. Still I'm getting this update message and my guides stop working in the middle of the game for instance when I login with a different character.

I do not and will not have the Client running all the time in the background.

My point: It's unacceptable that my licence expires each month and now I'm responsible to renew it. That's not how it should work and you need to chance that behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by aidler View Post
        That is your problem and I should not be bothered with it.

I update all my addons, including Zygor Guides, every day. In the instance of Zygor Guides of course via the Client. Still I'm getting this update message and my guides stop working in the middle of the game for instance when I login with a different character.

I do not and will not have the Client running all the time in the background.

My point: It's unacceptable that my licence expires each month and now I'm responsible to renew it. That's not how it should work and you need to chance that behaviour.
        Same problem here! Update every day, run in background, still had no guides available this morning - and low and behold, a little later get confirmation that my sub has been renewed! Getting tiresome

Comment

Originally posted by angelala View Post
          Same problem here! Update every day, run in background, still had no guides available this morning - and low and behold, a little later get confirmation that my sub has been renewed! Getting tiresome
          Hmm, if you're updating everyday, then this shouldn't be happening. May be a bug or something, we're investigating to see if we can fix this somehow.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I had a PM from admin concerning this and asking for details - but it is not allowing me to reply to that message as it says

......, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
            If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But to answer the message I will say, username on account is as stated .... don't wish to give my ip address on open forum -- if I am not logged in to the client, why am I getting new updates including new auction data regularly?

Comment

We were trying to figure out some oddities with how the client was doing the license checks. You can send any of the info that Admin asked for to Support in a PM. Admin may have his PMs set to not allow incoming.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Still not fixed. Updating as I wrote every day and still had no guides today. I will continue to post here every month till the problem is fixed.

Update: A sync did not solve the problem. Like in every month I need to do a scan&repair. Seriously, guys, I require you to send me a not expiring version now or set up my account so that it does not expire.

2 Update: scan&repair also didn't solve the problem. I'm seriously getting angry now... I mean really angry
                Last edited by aidler; August 4, 2017, 05:33 PM. Reason: Update 2

Comment

So you started the client fresh today and not from the task bar tray icons? Do you run the client as an administrator? In the middle of the client is the box beside the WoW entry orange?

We'll have to look at the logs to see if your client has been doing a license check like it's supposed to be doing. Normal operation is when you start the client it will log into your account and at the same time check your license when you log in.

For resolving the problem try clicking the refresh icon at the top right before doing the scan & repair to see if that does it. If not then try doing a reinstall.
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

I'm running the Zygor client on a Mac.

I'm starting Zygor fresh each day.
                    The box beside the WoW entry is orange.
                    I used the refresh icon at the top. That did not solve the problem.

Bottom line: I have this problem each month and to reinstall everything each month can't be the solution. You have to change the behavior of your application!!!

Comment

Our system is built so that (as long as everything is working as it should) you shouldn't have any interruption in service. Looking at the access logs for your account it seems like the license isn't being sent to you properly through the client. We believe there's something going wrong specifically with your client. If you could right click the "Z" icon in your notification tray, select "Open log", and then send us the most recent file which should be version 3.2.261 that would allow us to troubleshoot and hopefully fix whatever the issue is. Thanks.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I run zygors and Never have this problem. I keep the client running all the time... Dont want the messages? Run the client in the background that simple.

Comment

Working...
                        X