No announcement yet.

CLIENTY DOES NOT OPEN...EVEN WITH LAST JAVA VERSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so the wrapper I used to create a .exe file for the java program straight up didn't detect Java 9.

I switched over to one that did.

Three options to get you guys back up and running, in order of ease / what I would recommend:
    1) In your installation directory "%APPDATA%/Zygor Guides Client" by default, (no quotes), you'll see a Zygor JAR file. Double click that, it should update your native launcher, and open up the client as you would expect.

2) Download a new launcher yourself and place it in your installation directory. Link

3) Install a copy of Java 1.8.151 that runs alongside Java 9 (Not recommended, you updated to Java 9 for a reason, but it should work). The existing launcher will detect this version of Java, and run normally.

Apologies for the bumpy transition to Java 9 support, they changed a LOT, and a number of those changes broke out-of-the-box backwards compatibility significantly.

Of course, let us know if you continue to have issues. We'll address them as quickly as we can.

Comment

I discovered something that will prevent the first 2 options from working. When you install Java, it should set a JAVA_HOME variable on your computer. It seems this isn't happening for a number of people, as well as a second computer I just tested on.

If those steps aren't working for you, here's how you can fix it:

1) Open up System Properties (search 'environment variables', the first result should be 'Edit the system environment variables'. Open this)
      2) In the bottom right, click Environment Variables...
      3) Up top, if JAVA_HOME is listed, select it and Delete
      4) Go find the directory for the 'bin' folder inside the Java installation you wish to use. For example, C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin
      5) Copy this path
      6) Back in your Environment Variables window, select New...
      7) For the Variable name, enter 'JAVA_HOME', no quotes
      9) For the Variable value: enter the path you copied earlier. Remember, it should include the bin folder!
      10) OK your way out of all of the dialogs and try launching the client.

This process may change slightly for Windows 7.

Comment

I try both the processes and doesn't work, unfortunelly.

Comment

I tried all of these, still says no java installed

Comment

I just published a new launcher. If your existing launcher doesn't work (says you don't have Java installed when you do), double click your Zygor JAR file located in your installation directory. It should download the new launcher.

Once it downloads, exit the client and try re-launching it with the new ZygorGuidesClient.exe

Comment

In my case, the launcher doesn't open. It executes the installation and nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatavelli View Post
                In my case, the launcher doesn't open. It executes the installation and nothing happens.
                Do you have a Zygor JAR file in your installation directory? You should be able to run that file as-is, and the client should open. Re-installing the client entirely shouldn't be necessary.

What version of Java are you running, by the way? Curious if I can re-produce your issue. I tested both Java 9.0.1 and Java 1.8.151, in every way I could think of. Both installed, Java 8 installed before Java 9, just 8, just 9, etc...

Comment

Java 8.
                  I try to extract, but it just doesn't work. I don't know what I can do anymore.

Comment

You shouldn't be extracting anything. Are you not able to simply double click on Zygor.jar to execute it? Windows should recognize it as an Executable Jar File.

Comment

I try it. Unfortunelly, still doesn't work =(

Comment

Trying to explain what happen.
                        1- I download new client on the last link you posted
                        2- I uninstall java and client
                        3- Reboot my pc
                        4- Reinstall java 8
                        5- Reinstall application
                        In this moment, application does not open the second window. It goes only to "create shortcut" one.
                        6- Execute .jar file
                        The application open at taskbar, but don't open anything.

Comment

Trying to explain what happen.
                          1- I download new client on the last link you posted
                          2- I uninstall java and client
                          3- Reboot my pc
                          4- Reinstall java 8
                          5- Reinstall application
                          In this moment, application does not open the second window. It goes only to "create shortcut" one.
                          6- Execute .jar file
                          The application open at taskbar, but don't open anything.
                          I think our best bet is to setup a remote session. I followed those steps and wasn't able to reproduce any problems. I believe the problem is something separate than the original Java 9 issues (especially because you're trying with Java 8, which shouldn't be causing any issues whatsoever. At least so I thought?)

I'm heading to bed right now, but please feel free to reach out to our support staff to setup a remote session. We're coming up on Thanksgiving, so my availability might be limited. I'm free tomorrow morning for a few hours, and maybe later in the day. (10am-1:00pm EST or after 8pm EST)

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Comment

I understand, but it's a little frustrating. That week is my last one on my job vacations and I really hope to still enjoy it to use zygor guides.

Comment

I understand, but it's a little frustrating. That week is my last one on my job vacations and I really hope to still enjoy it to use zygor guides.
                              Solved!
                              Thank you for the patience and dedication =D

Comment

And was the solution? Because I'm stuck as well.

Completely new computer running Windows 10 Pro.
                                Installed Oracle Java JDK 9.x.y.
                                Downloaded zygor client installer.
                                Complains about 1.6 and takes me to the Java site.

Comment

Working...
                                X