Subscription only model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscription only model

I am a long time Zygor customer and am very saddened by the move to a subscription only model. When I buy something, I want to buy it. Not pay for limited time access. I guess it is time for me to find an alternative to Zygor until/unless a purchase option returns. I am only posting this as I think it is important to know the opinions of the consumer on the product, and with hope that maybe the purchase option will return at some point.

What move? It's been like that for a long time.
    Equally, despite having paid one-off fees, those of us who have also been long time customers will be able to update our guides.

We'll need to pay an upgrade fee, as always, but (also as always) we'll then continue as normal and be able to update.
    It's been that way for those of us who remain, since the general model went to subscriptions.

It's a reward for loyalty. I'm sure a Zygor staff member will confirm this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmachine View Post
      What move? It's been like that for a long time.
      Equally, despite having paid one-off fees, those of us who have also been long time customers will be able to update our guides.

We'll need to pay an upgrade fee, as always, but (also as always) we'll then continue as normal and be able to update.
      It's been that way for those of us who remain, since the general model went to subscriptions.

It's a reward for loyalty. I'm sure a Zygor staff member will confirm this soon.
      Maedhros77 is correct, we are now on a subscription only model. We announced back in Feb. that we would stop offering all individual purchases which included the upgrades you are referring to. Currently the only way to upgrade or obtain new guides for everyone is with the subscription. The guides you do own will always be updated and work in game, that has not changed, but upgrades like for BfA are only obtainable by having an active subscription.

https://zygorguides.com/blog/standal...ing-march-1st/
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
        In that case, I echo Maedhros77.

You haven't read the comments on that news post, have you?

I won't upgrade, but neither will I cancel my account.

You might say that it makes sense to have a regular income model and I understand that, but that ought to have been / be based on new customers and exclude those who have been loyal for several years.

I hope you'll eventually see the value in getting some money from all of your oldest customers (reinstating the one-time upgrade fees) - rather than from just some of them.

The next time you'll see me comment, if ever, will be to thank you for doing so.

Comment

So of course we will get a discount off the subscription rate for all the years of buying individual products.................Crickets. I thought so,

ZYGOR! You are fail! I will do what ever i can to discourage others from buying your products.

VERY VERY poor move of your part you greedy bastards!

Comment

Good luck finding a worthwhile, constantly updating guide, that doesn't either cost monthly or cost a decent amount for a one-time purchase/buying "upgrades" each time a new module come out.

Yeah, it sucks. But considering something like this is worked on regularly; a small monthly fee isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM12983 View Post
              Good luck finding a worthwhile, constantly updating guide, that doesn't either cost monthly or cost a decent amount for a one-time purchase/buying "upgrades" each time a new module come out.

Yeah, it sucks. But considering something like this is worked on regularly; a small monthly fee isn't that bad.
              It is "that bad" when you've payed for all the guides up to the compulsory subscription introduction and receive no compensation, only the same monthly fee that a new customer would pay.

Good luck finding enough customers that are willing to get shafted by Zydor as well as companies like Blizzard. I find I manage without a guide quite well and don't miss the crazy directions, way points located where ever mobs are waiting and full quest logs. I also find I manage without the dumbed down WoW fairly easily too now.

Comment

I, as a long time Zygor customer, was actually happy to see the subscription model introduced. Paying a lesser amount every month is better imho than finding a big outlay every time and expansion comes out. At the time it was announced I checked how much I was paying for new new zygor guides and the subscription worked out cheaper.
                But each to their own and the feedback Zygor had when they asked about this payment model has obviously shown it to be the preferred one, and therefore the more profitable one for them. You obviously have been absent when all this was going on and missed giving your feedback at that time.

Comment

The whole world is moving to product-as-a-service instead of the old buy it and use it forever.
                  I kind of like it, since the price is good for a monthly payment and it's not one big amount. There are pros and cons, but this move made me a subscriber because I can afford it

Comment

Working...
                  X