Just bought the game - and I am overwhelmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought the game - and I am overwhelmed

So I just purchased the expansion. I got the 110 boost, and I am sitting with all greens. I did the little walkthrough and went after my weapon, but now the guide is not really telling me what i need to be doing next.

I want to grab some more powerful pve gear. The suggested section just has leveling. What should i be doing before this expansion goes live. Just a point in the right direction would help.

TIA

Originally posted by deadlyart View Post
    So I just purchased the expansion. I got the 110 boost, and I am sitting with all greens. I did the little walkthrough and went after my weapon, but now the guide is not really telling me what i need to be doing next.

I want to grab some more powerful pve gear. The suggested section just has leveling. What should i be doing before this expansion goes live. Just a point in the right direction would help.

TIA
    The best idea would be to check out the World Quest guide.

Comment

Thank you I actually started that guide and when i go to Dal - to the raven to collect the quest its not there (Call to Action).

Does the guide take into consideration if I am able to accept quests. Shouldn't it be smart enough to do all prereqs.?

Comment

This might not be available due to it being a boosted 110 that has never done any questing in the Legion zones. Try doing the Intro & Artifact guide to make sure you have your class hall unlocked then do the 4 small quests that are on the scouting map in the class hall to get the 4 leveling zones unlocked. Once they are unlocked properly that might trigger it to make this quest available. I am unable to find any pre-requisites for this quest so I'm just taking a stab in the dark for why it might not be available to a boosted 110.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I guess the best way to learn about this game is to make a lvl1 char and go from there. Going to 110 will be overwhelming.
          The guide doesnt exactly guide you from how to play at 110. For that, and even then it is hard, you need to go to lvl1.

This game is very old and has SO MUCH CONTENT that learning the game fully would be very hard to do with a guide as things are always changing and there is just so much to do.

As someone has said, World Quests are best but for that you need to open them up by doing the quests. The guide has this guide so check it out. I would say do them and then work on each area to do the stories and quest chains.

You will enjoy it but dont expect to learn everything as that will overwhelm you (and anyone)
          This is not like a game you normally would play... There are many ways to play this.

Comment

Sounds great. I just found a Character Planner and Legion Attunement guide on wowhead which i was looking at. I have played wow before just haven't played the last 2 expansions.

Comment

Oh ok. I thought you was 100% new.
              I would say you should just work on each area and not rush it. You are doing it a good time as people will be doing that content for the new things on world quests.

You will pick it up. You are on EU servers?

Comment

no US. Just finished Argus story line.

Comment

So if any other members come across this thread the short and easy method is to complete the Argus campaign, and then work on Order Hall. When I tried loading the Mount Training Guide it went into a infinite loop. I need to get flight training. What guide should I work on for that?

Comment

If you're looking to unlock flying in Legion that would be the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two achievement guides. However before you start on them I'd recommend unlocking and doing the Azsuna, Stormheim, Highmountain, Val'sharah, and Suramar leveling guides as you'll need to do them all for the loremaster achievement which is part of the pathfinder achievements.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by deadlyart View Post
                      So if any other members come across this thread the short and easy method is to complete the Argus campaign, and then work on Order Hall. When I tried loading the Mount Training Guide it went into a infinite loop. I need to get flight training. What guide should I work on for that?
                      Argus isn't a good idea for a fresh 110 though... Mostly because your gear will be underwhelming..

As I found out when I tried to hit Argus as soon as my mage hit 110.

Best idea is to do some world quests, get some gear from them, and then hit Argus.

Comment

Working...
                      X