Making Gold Tips?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Gold Tips?!?

Hello all. Its my first post on zygors I finally decide on trying being a zygor elite member instead of wow subbing. But so far i've made very little gold if any.....

I know the expansion is early, and the auction is in flux. Ii have never ever seen a flux like this, and i have played every expansion. Usually i make my gold with selling enchants, but now you thousands of players are selling enchants for negative profit and i cant make any gold. So i was hoping zygors could help.

The farming section of the gold guide doesnt seem to helpful. its seems items are only level for level 90 characters... which honestly isnt that helpful. the guide wants me to farm volatile waters when there is 4000+ in the auction house? and thats pretty much it? sure other vial of the sands mats? I guess im complaining that the farming section is 5 expansions behind?!?

The crafting tab is just saying everything is risky, and that makes sense, iv'e tried to make money with enchants and it doesnt work atm. i guess i will just have to wait for the auction house to balance out and see if the crafting tab becomes more relevant?

And the Auction tab is where i have been spending most of my time. My biggest problem is that is keep telling me to buy while prices are falling, but almost none of my items are normal or a good time to sell. all my items are red..... so i keep buying and not selling. i been putting some stacks at where it shows prices are yellow, and i have sold very few, even making sure im thye first bulk stacks to buy. stacks are another problem.... when im trying to post enchats it still tries to sell them is stacks?!? Players usually buy enchants 1 at a time in my understanding. The auction also tells me to keep buying uncut rare quaility gems. and i havent sold even one. always say they are the highest profit......... even tho they have insane deposits and no buys......

End of Ramble.
    I want to use the gold guide. idk if im just bad. but it seems its not meant of early expansions. And the farming section not being level 90+ is leaves me with a bad feeling.

Anyone have a current Succes? Please sure. Went from 230k to 30k

Unfortunately you picked a pretty bad time to try to make gold on the AH. There has been a big surge of people come back to the game for the expansion and it's believed that Blizzard will be announcing soon that they hit the 10 million subs mark again. If you're on a high population server the AH is probably changing so fast that it's impossible to properly make any gold on it unless you have stuff you farmed up over the last couple months and have been holding on to it. I personally make all my gold with xmog resales and my entire stock of xmogs are sitting in the bank right now. I never touch the AH within the first month or two after an expansion release because everything is just too volatile as you pointed out.

The only suggestion I could give as one player to another player is to bank all the stuff you purchased and go enjoy the game and zones for a couple of months. If you have gathering professions hit up the nodes and collect stuff but bank that too for now. Just ignore the AH until maybe October and then check to see if it's settled down. Once all the price fluctuations have stopped and the AH has returned to a more normal state then go ahead and post everything for sale even if it means taking a loss from what you had paid for it. Treat it as a lesson for the future and get back as much gold as you can to start over once the AH is stable again. I probably won't start the xmog flipping business going again until around Halloween, altho I might do some investing to see if I can grab some xmog items to add to my stock for selling later since all the prices are all over the place. At this point it's a buyer's market and you won't really have any sustainable success with trying to sell.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you for the reply . Really good points. I think i just have this desire to do some auction housing, but it has not been paying off. I will probably use this time to do some leveling of alts and keep extra mats and aim to start selling for October.

Will there be more items add to the farming section of the gold guide? even xmog farms could be of interest.

Comment

I do not know what is planned for being added to the gold guides right now. I'm sure there's still stuff to be added.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X