Main Storyline quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Storyline quests

Is there a way to toggle the leveling guides of the certain zones so that it only does the main storyline? I hit 120 about halfway through my 2nd zone and instead of doing ALL the quests (which is great when you need XP) going forward, can i just do the ones that count toward the achievement? I hope I'm explaining this correctly!

We do not have any storyline only options.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

And why not? if this is not an option please tell every one why we should continue to use your guides out side of the 1st character for each faction?

We've been loud and clear in numerous threads we do not want to be doing more than we have to. The fact this paid guide is getting it's arse kicked by Azerite Auto Pilot and other such addons that a completely free should be cause for concern.

The way you continually ignore your customer base thinking your right is appalling.

Comment

Totally agree that this would be a really valued option. For alts, would love to have a version that just covers the main storyline quests and picks up all the flight paths.

Comment

Zygor had said in another thread that since this is a highly requested item that we will probably create something like this but first we need to finish re-working the travel directions for the current leveling guides to finish reducing the clutter.

Comment

Could you guys give us more information as to why you're wanting story-only guides? We just finished doing only the 3 zone story quests on an Alliance character and we only reached 116, halfway to level 117.

So it doesn't seem like you can reach 120 by just doing story quests. Additionally, you only need the storyline achievements for Pathfinder on your main - once you have that, you don't need it on alts. The only thing you need on alts is Friendly rep with each faction to unlock world quests, and both story and side quests award rep.

So it would be helpful for us to know more details about why a story-only guide is important to you. Thanks.
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
              Could you guys give us more information as to why you're wanting story-only guides? We just finished doing only the 3 zone story quests on an Alliance character and we only reached 116, halfway to level 117.
              The reason that it's useful is for flexibility. By having two guides (one with ALL quests and then one with just storyline quests) it allows us to do what we need in a particular zone after we hit max level.

For example, let's say I'm 110 on an Alliance character. I start with the FULL Tiragarde Sound guide and complete it. (Simultaneously, I do the War Campaign guide as often as guests are available for me to do within it.) Then, I start with the FULL Drustvar guide. Somewhere near the end of the full Drustvar guide I'll hit 120. At this point, I switch over to the STORYLINE-ONLY Drustvar guide and finish it ...then, I subsequently start and finish the Stormsong Valley STORYLINE-ONLY guide.

Another (more common) scenario might be something like this: 1] complete all three STORYLINE-ONLY guides (simultaneously doing the War Campaign guide, as I mentioned before). 2] Then, open up whichever zone I want rep with most, and start the FULL guide for that zone 3] Rinse and repeat until 120. This is probably what I would do with all my alts.

In other words, having two guides for each zone (FULL and STORYLINE-ONLY) is the most efficient, effective and fulfilling paradigm.
              Last edited by Cerec; September 21, 2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Oh, and if you really wanted to be fancy, three guides per zone would be the ultimate: FULL, STORYLINE-ONLY, and REPUTATION-GRANTING-ONLY ....or, maybe there could be one guide and then a question at the beginning of the guide where you select which of the three "tracks" you want to pursue ...if that makes sense.
                Last edited by Cerec; September 21, 2018, 12:56 AM.

Comment

The only thing you need on alts is Friendly rep with each faction to unlock world quests, and both story and side quests award rep.
                  Actually, if alts are tradeskillers, then you need revered and/or exalted for various recipes. So, reputation is important for most all characters, not just your main. It's crappy design by Blizzard, if you want my opinion. I think they should make all of those recipes Bind-To-Account.

There is also some nice gear you get at revered/exalted, and an alt may be able to wear an armor type different from a main -- so, anyone into transmog may be working on reputation past friendly.
                  Last edited by Cerec; September 21, 2018, 03:43 AM.

Comment

That is helpful, thanks.
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

This request is honestly confusing to me. Stay in one guide until you hit the level to the next, switch to the next guide. And the achievements require every quest in the guide.

Not to say it wouldn't be neat if there were an option to focus less on getting everything and more on storylines. Picking up all quests in different storylines and doing an optimized path is great for fast leveling and.... alts. But If you actually wanted to read texts and play these quests as they were designed to be experienced, it can get confusing trying to keep track of things. ....Not that all rpg's aren't like that anyway.

Either way, I don't see any problem with the guides as they are. They work fine. The suggestions at the end of the guide to skip zones for leveling is perfect. I approve of the current system.

Comment

So it doesn't seem like you can reach 120 by just doing story quests. Additionally, you only need the storyline achievements for Pathfinder on your main - once you have that, you don't need it on alts. The only thing you need on alts is Friendly rep with each faction to unlock world quests, and both story and side quests award rep.

So it would be helpful for us to know more details about why a story-only guide is important to you. Thanks.
                        OK, as stated in my post, I would use it for Alts, currently on my Alt at 7/10 chapters into Drustvar I am 3/4s of the way through level 115, this is the only zone i've been in, have skipped most of the side quests, I have rested XP and I have Herb for a profession and completed 2 normal dungeons to break it up a bit.. as this is a farmer character, and will do alt raids i don't need rep for professions, I don't need to do every single quest in the game, just enough rep to hit friendly and it's all good as far as world quests are concerned, and to hit 120 with out staying in the one zone.

Comment

Originally posted by thorax232 View Post
                          This request is honestly confusing to me. Stay in one guide until you hit the level to the next, switch to the next guide. And the achievements require every quest in the guide.

Not to say it wouldn't be neat if there were an option to focus less on getting everything and more on storylines. Picking up all quests in different storylines and doing an optimized path is great for fast leveling and.... alts. But If you actually wanted to read texts and play these quests as they were designed to be experienced, it can get confusing trying to keep track of things. ....Not that all rpg's aren't like that anyway.

Either way, I don't see any problem with the guides as they are. They work fine. The suggestions at the end of the guide to skip zones for leveling is perfect. I approve of the current system.
                          Nothing is confusing about this request. Currently, people are having to do extra quests that aren't necessary for achievements or the main storyline. The achievements do NOT require every quest in the guide. What people have said here is correct. The guides do not work fine when there are free alternatives. Been using these guides since 2010, and this is sorely needed where reputation is so important for maxing professions and the whatnot. No one wants to do extra quests that slow them down from reaching end game.

Comment

I don't post much here, but I come here to specifically see if there are story line only guides... I have 120 characters and really want to go back and play through story lines that I may have missed. There are so many low level quests to sort through that trying to get only the story line quests is very difficult.

Comment

Yes, there are story line only guides for BfA. They are the Loremaster guides for the BfA zones.

Comment

Working...
                              X