Regular gross inefficiencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular gross inefficiencies

Big Zygor fan historically, even leaving it active while I was AFK from wow.

Coming back and leveling a char for the racial armor, this is not what it used to be. One of the clearest flaws in the current guides are regular "backwards" quests. A few examples, though it happens so regularly it's not hard to find them:

157, 158, and 159 in Grizzly Hills has us clear a bunch of regular mobs, then kill two named quest mobs for their drop. This type of quest is backwards: I've already killed all the regular mobs, and now I have to kill more in order to reach the named mob. Next time have us kill the named mobs first. (I vaguely recall it used to say 'kill x on the way').

A few examples from storm peaks: step 63 you prioritize mounting the bear, long before reaching the killing goal. The bear takes us all the way back to town, and we have to return to finish the killing quest. 83: Have us kill Yulda first. Not only do we have to kill a mob or two to get to her, having her quest available while questing means we don't have to re-kill mobs around the harpoons. 95: You have us kill Fjorn long before we collect all the flame revenant pieces, and so we have to kill him again (going to get another boulder, &c) in order to use the anvil.

It's really disappointing to see these sorts of structural flaws in the guides. I hope they get better soon.
Working...
X