This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor vs. Dugi

I think that Dugi's Daily's in-game guide and seasonal in-game guide really set it apart from the Zygor guide. Until Zygor can come out with a similar product, Dugi will continue to be the clear winner.

I do give Zygor the advantage in making the guide more "zombie" like in that a monkey can install and use the product with ease. With Dugi's guide, the user has to show some intellect while installing and using the in-game talent guide.

Comment

Originally posted by hbankhead View Post
      I think that Dugi's Daily's in-game guide and seasonal in-game guide really set it apart from the Zygor guide. Until Zygor can come out with a similar product, Dugi will continue to be the clear winner.

I do give Zygor the advantage in making the guide more "zombie" like in that a monkey can install and use the product with ease. With Dugi's guide, the user has to show some intellect while installing and using the in-game talent guide.
      We all have our preferences and likes. That is what makes the world more interesting.
      I myself bought Dugi's dailies guide for my near future use as a lvl 80. I bought it from Dugi only because Zygor has not produced a dailies guide... which he/they will soon, I hope.
      Enjoy the product you like the most, and us 'monkies' will enjoy another product.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Just wanted to point out that I use Zygor's guide and don't have Cartographer at all. I do have Tomtom and the guide automatically recognized that.

Comment

Geat stuff

First of all, I love zygor's guide and the talent advisor. Having said that, I do have, er, not a complaint, but I guess a feature I would like to see. Not a big deal, but here it is

With Tourguide you can make a macro that will use whatever object TourGuide says you should use. IE: When doing the Innoculation quest in the Draemie nursery, you have to use a device to innoculate the Owlkins. with the following macro, you dont have to click on the item.

/click TourGuideItemFrame

So you create one macro and whenever the guide shows you an item to use, clicking on the hotkey will activate the device. Now Zygor's guide does have it that you can click in the guide box on an item. Is there an equivalent macro command I can use?

Comment

Just wanted to say a guildie came on today and said HOLY COW u level fast... Zygor guides owns all.

Comment

I've also tried Dugi's which caused me to attempt quests 3-4 levels above my char. Without my Heirlooms I probably would not have been able to finish the quest. Leveling a lock to 66 and a warrior to 30(current project) with Zygor's guide, I have not experienced any of the problems with I had with Dugi's.

Comment

Great guide!

I just wanted to say thanks for this awesome guide. I used it to level my Paladin, and currently am working on a druid. I had my Paladin from 45 (pre-guide) to 80 in about a week (only playing for a couple hours a night). This guide definitely makes a difference in the way you level your characters. If you are one of those people that wants to get to 80, then this guide definitely gets you there.

Comment

I realy like aspects of both guides.

The things I like from Dugi's is the simple integration with the default UI. I don't run a lot of add-ons (jamba, tomtom, omnicc, and the guides) as I [mostly] like the default UI, allows me to easily go from computer to computer to play, and greatly reduces downtime on patch days.

Zygor's guide has a nice viewer, but it's missing all of the integration into the new quest log and map which I much prefer.

The major problem with the UI side of Dugi's is that it's hard for me to figure out which quests to accept and which to note.

What would be really cool (to me at least) is if the Zygor guide looked like the default guide or if I could click on the quest I'm on and get the map to pop-up. I guess I should add this to the suggestions list.

Comment

I love Zygor's guides because it is simple, and most people can understand it. I tried Brian Kopp's guide for a while, and I did not like it. The customer support was terrible, and it was not updated. I looked at the forums and there were alot of threads suggesting Zygor's guides, so I looked here. You don't have to be a member to look at the forums, which is great, and it helped me value it. I bought the alliance guide, and it is going great. The customer support looks excellent, so if a problem occurs, it seems it will be solved in a matter of minutes.
                    For the Horde guide, I use Joana's, but I don't know if it is better. I havn't seen any comments on the forum much, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me?

Comment

Welcome to the community hakomar,

I personally have only ever tried Zygor's Guide when it comes to leveling. A lot of our members have compared it to Joana's however, and from what I've noticed, all of them suggested Zygor's Guide. They stated that Joana has some better path choices, however, the bugs and lack of customer support turned them to Zygor's Guide. I wish I could find a few of the posts to show you, but that's basically from memory of scanning threads :-).

Silverhawk11
                      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I had used Joanna's before I found Zygor. Some of the paths are similar and some are different. I can say that by far Zygor was much easier to follow and I've never thought about going back.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Before i brought Zygor's guide did i use Joanas guide which is 1. expensive when think it's only a Horde version 2. the ingame mode is bad, but the papper version was ok. (My taste), but well I was happy enough for it, because i didn known about Zygor's guide back then, so i level alot of Char in TBC and used it also in Wrath, but then came the problem i need a Alliance Leveling guide, so i try look up google and there i found Zygor's guide, the video of the mod did seem pretty good, but wasn sure it was something for me, so i try ask my Alliance friend what he used and he told me he used Zygor's guide and show me Version 1 and must say it was pretty nice, so went home and brought Zygor's guide and it was even better than i have expect.
                          Did also later try out Dugi's guide, but didn like it, because it didn say what to do.

Well let's get to the point with this little story

Zygor guide is the best guide i ever own, it not cost alot vs other Leveling guides like Joanas or dugi, the guides getting update regular, the guide is pretty simple to use and make you fell like you you auto pilot.

When ppl ask about what leveling guide there is best does i always Zygor, because well it's the best leveling guide i have owned.

Comment

i tried dugis guide before and can only say that zygor is simplies to use and easier to follow

only good think at dugis guides are the daily guides, but i hope zygor will make some also soon(tm) ;-)

Comment

Yo

I used to use "Jame's Leveling Guide TourGuide style", but the problem whid it was that then I switched to Zygor, Jame`s had not been updated for around 6mounths.
                              I see they have updatet it now, by the way.
                              To be a free guide, Jame`s is not that bad at all, but you always have an feeling youre testing an beta, because way different people that do the different parts (if I understands it right) and the quality controll is kinda left to the end users.

One thing I kinda missing, Jame`s now and then remainds you to visit trainer, on my rouge whid zygors I forgot that for around 5-6 levels hehe.

Comment

Thoughts

Hi,

I just purchased the guide a few days ago. I was wary of spending $90(got both guides) but heard good things on the web. I am very satisfied with the product. Good customization options. Overall the guide is very easy to use and accurate. There are a few times when I need to manually go to the next quest, but not often.

I would agree with the previous post, I would like to see something included to remind you to visit a trainer. Not sure how it would be implemented but it would be nice. I usually take the time out to do that, since those updates can help quite a bit.

I have also been looking though the forums and am impressed at the quick response to issues and quest updates. To me that is one of the best features for a product like this. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X