Install Issue - Moved by Kamchak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Issue - Moved by Kamchak

Hey ZyStaff... any chance you can give us some instructions on what we need to uninstall to get a clean install? I've been using the auto-install for so long, I no longer remember where it puts everything.

Don't know for macs but for windows if you do the default install path for the game go to C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ and delete the 2 Zygor Folders there and then go to C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Bunch of Numbers folder different for eveybody\SavedVariables and delete the 2 Zygor Files in there. This will give you a fresh install.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you use the Zygor Client to update/install your guides, you can simply click the Repair button at the bottom of the client window. This will completely delete your old installation, and install the fresh new version. So, all you'd need to do is delete the SavedVariables stuff that chaos mentioned.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
        Don't know for macs but for windows if you do the default install path for the game go to C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ and delete the 2 Zygor Folders there and then go to C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Bunch of Numbers folder different for eveybody\SavedVariables and delete the 2 Zygor Files in there. This will give you a fresh install.
        On 64-bit Windows 7 the default installation is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\ rather than \Users\Public\Games.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post

They must have changed something since September of last year then because when I installed the game on my laptop then it was what I said. And my laptop is windows 7 64bit home premium.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
            They must have changed something since September of last year then because when I installed the game on my laptop then it was what I said. And my laptop is windows 7 64bit home premium.
            Interesting. This was installed on a fresh installation of 64-bit Windows 7 (Ultimate) about 3 weeks ago by downloading the installer from battle.net. I was surprised because it had been in \Users\Public\Games when the same machine was running Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post

The game installation folder is under program files but the addons and account folders are in the locations Chaos mentions because program files is protected by UAC and therefore no game settings could be saved there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                The game installation folder is under program files but the addons and account folders are in the locations Chaos mentions because program files is protected by UAC and therefore no game settings could be saved there.
                No, my Addons folder is

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons

and the WTF, etc, folders are there, too.

There is nothing WoW-related in \Users\Public\Games.

I haven't done anything special for it to be this way - just downloaded the Cataclysm client installer from my battle.net account and let it do its thing.

Comment

Maybe it's different between disc installs and digital installs. When I installed the game I did it from the discs.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Maybe you unprotected the program files folder (read / write acces rights for users) or you have disabled the UAC? Or Blizzard changed something in the installer so that the addons folder gets created with user rights.
                    I did not install WoW since BC came out (I just copy it instead of reainstalling on a new Windows) so I don't exactly know when the installer does what.

Comment

It is due to the version of Windows you use most likely XP blizzard even said only Vista up had the \Users\Public\Games change

Comment

Moved the install posts off of the SIS preview thread as it seemed to be taking over on a off-thread topic.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                        X