Not Remembering my choice. {Various ALT's and Intermitant}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Remembering my choice. {Various ALT's and Intermitant}

I've got a weird one, seem intermittent too, no matter what ALT I'm on, sometimes the Talent Adviser forgets what route I've chosen and I have to set it again before it suggests the one to click on?

Any Suggestions?

I'm on XP, so it isn't an issue with protected files and not being able to save my settings.

Regards.

Known issue. Team said will he taken care of after most major bugs have been worked out in the new sis.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the OS.
      Did you try deleting the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua in the WFT/Account/accountname folder? Maybe this helps.
      After the guide update is released the devs will definitely look into the advisor problems.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I'll delete the .lua tonight when i've finished playing, it's not a *major* bug to me, just a bit niggly now and again..lol

Comment

Yeah, when having many alts and at lower levels this is a bit annoying.
          I'll see if I get this problem too when playing a new character the next days. Tested it on two level 85 chars and the advisor did not forget the target spec when logging out (I deleted the lua before the last guide update).

Comment

It probably just looked that way Cartman because of testing on 85s and not gaining any points.

As I've been leveling my mage I've noticed that when I log in and open the Talent window it's still showing as my selected build being active, but as soon as I get a new talent point then suddenly I don't have anything selected. After I select something it will work like normal no matter how many talent points I gain during that session, but after I log out then the whole process starts over again.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Getting a new talent point lets the advisor forget the build is the normal bug.
              But the advisor forgetting the build after logout seems to happen to some people and not to all characters. That's why I mentioned that this did not happen to the level 85s I tested it.

Comment

That's what I said Cartman. For what I've been seeing it only forgets about it after a logout. When I first log in it shows as having a build selected, but as soon as I get that first talent point for the session all of a sudden it's forgotten the build. Once a build is selected again it will remember it for the entire session allowing me to get another 3 (or however many) points without needing to select the build again until after I've logged out.

So if you would happen to be in the same situation, logging in with an 85 would still show as the build selected since you're not getting any new points for it to suddenly forget the build.

Comment

Ah, I now see what you mean Cabby, was a bit confused.
                  But what is not clear from several posts about this is if the guide also forgets the build when NOT getting new talent points.
                  Login, select a build, logout, login. Is the build still there?
                  This would help narrow down the problem. Nobody talking about "the advisor forgets the build after logout" properly stated if they got talent points while playing or not.

Comment

Yeah, if I select a build it seems to work perfectly fine until after I log out, then it's still good on next session until I get that first point. It's really odd.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      Yeah, if I select a build it seems to work perfectly fine until after I log out, then it's still good on next session until I get that first point. It's really odd.
                      Yes, this is the bug that I reported a couple of weeks ago.

After you log in again - and before you get your next point - if you open the talent window and click on the Zygor 'Z' it has the correct build, but if you go into the talent advisor settings window the build is unset (i.e. blank). If you select it again here then it will remember it when you get the next talent point, but only until you log out!

Comment

To add to this somewhat:

It's actually losing the selection on the logout from what I've seen (variable not getting written?).
                        1. Pick a build, do your thing. Log out.
                        2. Log back in, open the Talent frame and pop open the TA frame
                          1. At this point it should show the build name (presumably using the last-known data for the field)
                        3. Go to the Interface options for the TA and the build drop-down should (always is for me) be blank.

Assuming all the above are true, it's not actually loading the build on login regardless of getting a new talent point but just reading out the last data that was written to the SV about the build name that was used, etc.

Comment

I'll test the logout thing again. I just looked at the talent advisor to see if the build is still there after login but not in the configuration screen.
                          At least there are some clear information collected here to help narrow down the problem.

Comment

That's probably the exact same thing I'm seeing. I hadn't opened the options, just the small TA window attached to the talent window. But at this point in my mage's leveling, I already know what talents I'll be picking up yet so I haven't really bothered with re-setting the build in the TA, I just manually select the talents as I get new points.

Comment

Ok, so a little more digging into the issue, this time through the debug log after setting a build then relogging.

Code:
                              "19:25:44> PLAYER_ALIVE", -- [2]
                              "19:26:40> > SetCurrentBuild 1,false", -- [3]
                              "19:26:40> |  build is Zygor Arcane (31/10/0), pet=nil", -- [4]
                              "19:26:40> |  Parsing table build, pet=nil", -- [5]
                              "19:26:40> |  Parsing type = MAGE", -- [6]
                              "19:26:40> |  61 talents cached for lookup", -- [7]
                              "19:26:40> |  > UpdateSuggestions(player)", -- [8]
                              "19:26:40> |  |  playersuggestion: GREEN: ", -- [9]
                              "19:26:40> |  |  playersuggestion_preview: GREEN: ", -- [10]
                              "19:26:40> |  < ", -- [11]
                              "19:26:40> < ", -- [12]
                              "19:29:05> ToggleTalentFrame hook", -- [13]
                              "19:31:10> Viewer started. ---------------------------", -- [14]
                              "19:31:26> > SetCurrentBuild Zygor Arcane (31/10/0),nil", -- [15]
                              "19:31:26> |  build is Zygor Arcane (31/10/0), pet=nil", -- [16]
                              "19:31:26> |  Parsing table build, pet=nil", -- [17]
                              "19:31:26> |  Parsing type = MAGE", -- [18]
                              "19:31:26> |  61 talents cached for lookup", -- [19]
                              "19:31:26> |  > UpdateSuggestions(player)", -- [20]
                              "19:31:26> |  |  playersuggestion: GREEN: ", -- [21]
                              "19:31:26> |  |  playersuggestion_preview: GREEN: ", -- [22]
                              "19:31:26> |  < ", -- [23]
                              "19:31:26> < ", -- [24]
                              Note the [15] versus [3]. [15] is after re-selecting the talent build.

Might be a lead, might be nothing. I'm still kludging my way through the code looking for a fix.

EDIT: Well, that didn't really lead anywhere. Still digging in spare time. Best I can figure right now is the title/number pairings for the builds aren't getting parsed and/or enumerated correctly (somewhat explaining the blank(nil) entry in the build drop-down showing instead of "No target build".
                              Last edited by daeymien; March 24, 2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: clarity and updates

Comment

Working...
                              X