Not Installing Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Installing Update

I have tried many times today to install the update with the zygor updater and all the updater says is there is a newer version of the guide but when i click for it to install it tells me that there is not enough room or i do not have permission to do this. I am the admin on my Mac and there is no other accounts on this computer. Any ideas that could help. I have also did a clean wipe of the guide and re-downloaded the updater from the website.

Same problem, my Mac prompts for the admin password for the install, I give it to it and it does nothing.

The installer tells me the current version but does not see a version on my system. Repair doesn't seem to do anything helpful.

Not trusting installers I tried installing the guides the old fashion way but the game still can not find the guides.

Comment

Sorry, this isn't something I'm able to help with as I'm not a Mac guy. Kamchak will hopefully be along before too long to help.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This isn't just the Mac installer. This is as simple as downloading the zip files and installing the guides by hand.

I honestly don't expect installers to work and this problem seems broader than broken installer.

Comment

All I know is there was another Mac person who said they had no problems getting the new stuff installed and working. As I said, I know nothing about Macs so I personally can't give any advice.

Comment

Uninstalling everything and then doing the install by hand got things rolling again. The installer is still completely clueless but the game can now see the guides.

Never trust software you didn't write.

Comment

It seems like it is unable to download the files from the website so i may have to install them manually.

Comment

Please try the manual install. There might be something wrong with the Updater at this point for the Macs.

Comment

Im also on a mac 10.6.7

Since using the updater earlier today to the new updates it worked just fine.

My current version shows "NONE"
                  Latest version shows 3.0.1927

MY log shows this only 2 changes, so i got the major update.
                  Tied worgen started guide & tied goblin starter guide

If you click install (not upgrade) it seems to install it, but nothing changes for the version.
                  If i check the addons folder i can see the time stamp of the last install.

Will try it as i watch it. So the install seems to do very little. But a repair changes folder modify times.

So i would say its installed but the installer can't read some file or whatever tells it what version is installed.

I even tried a rescan of the files via settings.

Im sure it just a messed up .xml file or the .toc files.

Comment

Yes it is installed it's just a bug for the updater. No problem using the guide.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Same/similar issue: Mac client. Version reads incorrectly as "none." Hitting Install shows "Downloading update..." briefly, then "Connected..." which prompts Mac admin password dialogue. From that point, nothing else happens.

In the meantime, I am manually updating.

Comment

it says my version is blank WTH?

Comment

Originally posted by mafiawolf View Post
                          it says my version is blank WTH?
                          Post 12 in this thread.
                          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.
                          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The updater should work, it simply does not show the current version number.
                            The team are aware of this and work on a solution.

Comment

Same problem as listed above with installation on Mac OSX ver. 10.6.6

Comment

Working...
                              X