Old bug still with us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old bug still with us

A while ago I posted a bug about the "Z" button vanishing. It reappeared when the new version came along, but it vanished again during a very hectic "toon against every *ing NPC in the zone" battle (my toon won, fortunately!). I have looked in the various Saved Variables for something that might translate into "Z Button Position" but haven't be successful.

So once again I will appeal for a "Bring Back the Z" capability. Right now I'm using ctrl-Z which is mapped to bring up the Zygor window.

Try the following: disable the Zygor guide from the addons selection in the character screen, then login, logut and enable the addon.

Comment

Ah ha! A classic Microsoft "Get out of the car and get back in" solution!

Nothing like a slight of hand trick, I always say.

Unfortunately, I might forget this trick and then waste more of my time coming back to be reminded.

But it does save development time and effort. I understand.

Sigh.

Comment

I don't want to say this shouldn't get fixed. I'm simply not sure if this is an issue with the guide.
        There haven't been more reports about this for a long time (if any) so it may be difficult to get that bug (if it is one).
        I use Minimap Button Frame to collect all those buttons and never had one disappear.

Comment

Well, you could always try the /reloadui command or use Addon Control Panel as it helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            I don't want to say this shouldn't get fixed. I'm simply not sure if this is an issue with the guide.
            There haven't been more reports about this for a long time (if any) so it may be difficult to get that bug (if it is one).
            I use Minimap Button Frame to collect all those buttons and never had one disappear.
            Well, this Forum section is supposed to be about "General Viewer Issues", which I believe to be the correct place to make the comment, since it does not seem to have a connection to which guide is in use.

As for using a special add-on to "gather the buttons" is rather anti-thematice to what Zygor is all about.

The basic fix to my particular problem ought to be simple to implement, especiall if "getting out of the car and back in" works, is to provide something in the Options to simply restore the various window/button/whatever to their starting positions. This ought not to be all that difficult, since it seems that every release includes additions or deletions from the options.

Comment

Some settings are not saved by addons but the game itself.
              I think the minimap button, guide window position and the waypoint arrow position are not saved by the guide so I'm not sure if it is possible to reset the position. Maybe the developer can do something about that.

Comment

Working...
              X