A list of typo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A list of typo's

Never bought a guide before and bit the bullet after seeing this one looked quite slick as I'm wanting Loremaster on all my toons. I wasn't disappointed

When I encountered my first typo thought I'd help improve the guide by going on a typo hunt and found the following list in the NPCs_enUS.lua localisation file. The typo's may be in other localisation files if you haven't had a translation for that language and are using the English text. Being from England I've tried to avoid the whole US and UK differences like gray and grey and I'm sorry if any have crept in. What I have done is where both have been used I've flagged the least used as wrong. The format is I show the correct word followed by the exact line in the lua including its error. A preceding - symbol simply means something needs removing. If you want to give lil ole broke me access to the 'Dailies and Events' guides I can check them too if you wish nudge nudge, wink wink

to the
    [00276]="A|Viktori Prism'Antras|Inside the small house tot he right of the road, up the hill.",

podium
    [00344]="A|Magistrate Solomon|In the town hall building, in the big room on the stage, next to the podeum.",

podium
    [00900]="A|Bailiff Conacher|In the town hall building, in the big room on the stage, next to the podeum.",

in the
    [02093]="A|Einar Stonegrip|Standing at a fork int he road next to a sign post.",

-the
    [02687]="B|Gnaz Blunderflame|Go up the the hill and follow the ridge around to the back where he is standing near a small gnome building|",

gazebo
    [02803]="B|Malygen|He is standing by a gazeebo and lightpost with a bag in his hand",

necessary
    [03056]="?|Ghost Howl|He's a white ghost wolf that walks around Thunder Bluff. I found him here but some searching may be nessasary.",

necessary
    [03058]="?|Arra'chea|He's a kodo that walks around east of Thunder Bluff. I found him here but some searching may be nessasary.",

gazebo
    [03901]="A|Illiyana|She's a dryad standing in the glowing gazeebo. She also walks around town, so you may need to search around for her.",

mountains
    [03916]="A|Shael'dryn|Deep in the moutaints, next to a moonwell.",

gazebo
    [03996]="A|Faldreas Goeth'Shael|To the right of the glowing gazeebo.",

gazebo
    [04048]="A|Falfindel Waywarder|Standing next to a glowing gazeebo and a moonwell.",

hanging
    [04168]="A|Elynna|She is standing on the first floor next to some pants haning on a rack.|",

-all commas
    [04792]="B|\"Swamp Eye\" Jarl|Standing in front,and inside, of a small shack.",

side shop
    [05111]="A|Innkeeper Firebrew|In a little sideshop, behind the bar.",

side shop
    [05111]="A|Innkeeper Firebrew|In a little sideshop, behind the bar.",

Supplies
    [05163]="A|Burbik Gearspanner|He is standing inside Burbik's Suppliesm|",

base
    [05414]="H|Apothecary Faustin|Standing at the bas of the watch tower.",

base
    [05418]="H|Deathstalker Zraedus|Standing at the bas of the watch tower.",

in the
    [06122]="A|Gakin the Darkbinder|Standing down the spiral ramp int he basement of The Slaughtered Lamb shop, next to a bonfire.",

gazebo
    [07774]="A|Shay Leafrunner|Standing in a white gazeebo, next to a small chest.",

gazebo
    [07852]="A|Pratt McGrubben|In a dark gazeebo next to the water.",

side path
    [08584]="A|Iverron|Sitting down in a sidepath through the mountains.",

-the
    [08679]="B|Knaz Blunderflame|Go up the the hill and follow the ridge around to the back where he is standing near a small gnome building|",

face down
    [10739]="B|Mulgris Deepriver|Laying facedown in the small house.",

path
    [12866]="B|Myriam Moonsinger|Follow the bath through the quillboars. She's kneeling high up on a hill, near the Razorfen Downs dungeon entrance.",

side shop
    [16442]="H|Vinemaster Suntouched|Standing in a sideshop, next to the innkeeper.",

side shop
    [16442]="H|Vinemaster Suntouched|Standing in a sideshop, next to the innkeeper.",

building
    [16501]="A|Aurelon|Standing inside the big guilding, next to a big support beam type thing.",

side shop
    [16675]="H|Halthenis|Standing in a sideshop, next to a table.",

side shop
    [16675]="H|Halthenis|Standing in a sideshop, next to a table.",

fort
    [16839]="A|Warp-Scryer Kryv|In the forst, upstairs next to the table.",

wheelbarrow
    [17223]="A|Ambassador Rualeth|Next to some boxes and a wheelburrow.",

to the
    [17483]="A|Tullas|Standing inside the inn, tot he left as you enter. She is the Paladin Class Trainer.",

over
    [17858]="B|Warden Hamoot|At the very top of the big tower, looking out ver the city.",

cook pot
    [18007]="A|Ruam|Next to a cookpot and some fish hanging on the wall.",

dwarf
    [18353]="A|Huntress Bintook|Right next to some boxes with a drawf and pig head sitting on them.",

Hippogryphs
    [18785]="A|Kuma|Next to two big Hippgryphs.",

Hippogryphs
    [18788]="A|Munci|Up the staircase, next to 2 Hippgryphs.",

little
    [18809]="A|Furnan Skysoar|Over the litle bridge, to the right, in the middle of the big eagles.",

stew pot
    [19035]="B|Wazat|To the right of the road, in a small camp on a little hill, next to a stewpot and a scarecrow.",

statue
    [190657]="B|Zim'Rhuk|It's a huge stone staute.",

ground
    [19309]="A|Sergeant Altumus|Pacing back and forth next to a huge cart and a bunch of supply boxes on the gound.",

grey
    [20205]="A|Audi the Needle|She's standing under a blue canopy, next to some gray boxes.",

necessary
    [23778]="H|Dark Ranger Lyana|Standing in the wide open field, looking on at the battle that's going on. Some searching may be nessasary since she occasionally participates in the battle going on in this area.",

-all commas
    [23843]="B|Mordant Grimsby|Standing in front,and inside, of a small shack.",

whitish
    [24277]="?|Garwal|He's a whiteish worg that walks around thia area.",

this
    [24277]="?|Garwal|He's a whiteish worg that walks around thia area.",

greyish
    [24517]="?|Varg|He's a big grayish worg that walks around this area.",

Soldiers
    [25285]="A|Harbinger Vurenn|Upstairs in the fort, standing in front of the table with 4 Draenei soliders.",

elevator
    [25288]="H|Turida Coldwind|All the way at the top of Warsong Hold, you will have to ride an elavator to get up there, standing in the corner, next to some windriders.",

mailbox
    [27248]="H|Apothecary Vicky Levine|Standing next to the mail box.",

crypt
    [27319]="A|Yord \"Calamity\" Icebeard|Standing inside this crypty.",

soldiers
    [27484]="A|Rheanna|She's kneeling near several dead Alliance soliders.",

downstairs
    [29156]="B|Archmage Celindra|Downstrairs in a small room.",

duelling
    [30012]="B|Victorious Challenger|They are dueling around this area.",

grey
    [31261]="?|Brother Keltan|He is a blood elf with gray hair and walks all around the Orgrim's Hammer airship. You may need to search for him.",

soldiers
    [31808]="?|Ground Commander Koup|He is standing near a group of Alliance soliders.",

upstairs
    [38325]="A|Marion Sutton|She is kneeling on a bed upstair in the inn",

Let me know if I can be of any help.

*edit: Fixed a typo on my post about typos
    Last edited by boyfrary; April 3, 2011, 01:02 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo on my post about typo's :o

Thanks for the list. These types of things have been around forever simply because Zygor has always been focused on the guide-breaking bugs and trying to give the customers more variety in guides that they keep asking for. Hopefully with this listing he'll be able to do a fast search/replace to squash these.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for reporting these typos. We will make sure to get these fixed for the next update.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by boyfrary View Post
        grey
        [31261]="?|Brother Keltan|He is a blood elf with gray hair and walks all around the Orgrim's Hammer airship. You may need to search for him.",
        "grey" or "gray" is mostly down to whether you spell it "colour" or "color"

I.e. either is an acceptable spelling, though "gray" is mostly used by Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by daeymien View Post
          "grey" or "gray" is mostly down to whether you spell it "colour" or "color"

I.e. either is an acceptable spelling, though "gray" is mostly used by Americans.
          Just did a quick informal pole (2 of us that are sitting in the office) - we both spell it 'grey' and we're Americans... lol

PS. boyfrary - a VERY impressive list! Some of them were comical but thank you for the time you took to document them.
          * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

No problem at all guys, happy to help. Don't forget my offer to do the others if you want.

I appreciated this and so flagged the least used spelling as the wrong one which I explained in my orginal post. There are far more uses of the spelling grey in the guide than there is of gray. Was trying to suggest consistency which I know can be a loosing battle sometimes.

PS. boyfrary - a VERY impressive list! Some of them were comical...
            Yeah definitely giggled at a few of them, my favourite has to be Follow the bath through the quillboars
            _____________________________________________________________________
            There are 10 types of people out there, those that know binary and those that don't!

Comment

You actually weren't here for one of the best typos the team have had in the guides in a long time.

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-as-a-surprise
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by boyfrary View Post
                I appreciated this and so flagged the least used spelling as the wrong one which I explained in my orginal post. There are far more uses of the spelling grey in the guide than there is of gray. Was trying to suggest consistency which I know can be a loosing battle sometimes.
                My fault. That part of the post escaped my brain by the time I got to that far down on the extensive list I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                X