Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot install Zygorsguide

Hi,
    I'm trying to install zygors guide since I have a new notebook and at the end this is error message I receive without any chance to open settings or something else and the guide seems to be not installed at all.
    Could you help me ?

errorinstall.jpg

Thank You!

Edit : FYI I moved the wow folder from my old notebook to the new one (so I didn't installed the game again but just moved the installation folder) and placed into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, maybe this lead to this issue ? Infact in my old notebook i never had this problem. How can I solve this issue ?

Wow, first time I've seen that one. One thing you can do is fool the installer on a temporary basis. Create that directory it has an error for and copy your launcher.exe file from your WoW installation to it. Then it should be able to find it and allow you to get to the settings screen to change the directory to where you have WoW installed.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Wow, first time I've seen that one. One thing you can do is fool the installer on a temporary basis. Create that directory it has an error for and copy your launcher.exe file from your WoW installation to it. Then it should be able to find it and allow you to get to the settings screen to change the directory to where you have WoW installed.
      Ty Cabby for your fast reply!
      Unfortunately I had already thougth that solution but isn't working infact zygor updater seems to start the blizzard launcher (why?) within that dummy folder which seems to be a litte tired as you can see in the below image.

errorinstall2.jpg

Comment

This is strange, the updater stores it's information in the windows registry so if you move it to a new PC there are no settings and therefore it should start with the configuration dialog.

Did you try downloading the newest updater, it has been updated in the last days so maybe there was a bug inside that got solved.

If you are familiar with the registry editor you can lookup the saved settings of the guide.
        You find then under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zygor Guides

And finally if you use Windows Vista or 7 you should not install games under Program Files, create a games folder in the root directory and install or copy it there. Program Files is protected by the UAC so it may cause several problems when games try to save files there.

Comment

If you don't get the launcher working you can always download the manual installtion zip file and extract it to your WoW\INterface\Addons folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            This is strange, the updater stores it's information in the windows registry so if you move it to a new PC there are no settings and therefore it should start with the configuration dialog.

Did you try downloading the newest updater, it has been updated in the last days so maybe there was a bug inside that got solved.

If you are familiar with the registry editor you can lookup the saved settings of the guide.
            You find then under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zygor Guides

And finally if you use Windows Vista or 7 you should not install games under Program Files, create a games folder in the root directory and install or copy it there. Program Files is protected by the UAC so it may cause several problems when games try to save files there.
            Thx Cartman that solved the problem , I simply deleted the regedit key so installer started again and located correctly the wow folder and now it works fine !

Cheers,
            Skyline

Comment

Good to see you got it working.
              I think the problem was caused by the automatic mode feature, the description says the updater will launch WoW. Seems like it tries to start the launcher over and over again when it does not find it.
              This should be fixed in the updater, a simple "file exists" will do the job

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                Good to see you got it working.
                I think the problem was caused by the automatic mode feature, the description says the updater will launch WoW. Seems like it tries to start the launcher over and over again when it does not find it.
                This should be fixed in the updater, a simple "file exists" will do the job
                yes definitelly!

Thx again
                Cheers,
                Skyline

Comment

Working...
                X