Recommendation bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation bug?

I am 85, I have completed Hyjal, done quests in Vash'Jir to get the Seahorse, completed Deepholm, Uldum, and Twilight Highlands. All completed using the guide, of course

It is now still suggesting Twilight Highlands. I can even accept the recommendation, and it then just skips right through to the end as I have finished all the quests.

All cataclysm dailies guides are "improper". The pre-quest guides for Wildhammer and Deepholm also skip right to the end as I have completed them.

Here is a pastebin of the bug report (I can't paste it as the board doesn't support enough characters per post).

http://pastebin.com/wyqV7Fuz

I think the guide simply suggests a guide suitable for your level, no matter if you don it or not. It may be that you missed something and then select a guide you already gone through again.
    Checking if you done all quests inside a guide would take too many resources, it would require that the guide builds a list of quests and compares it to your completed quests.

The dailies guides being marked as improper is a minor bug, you can manually select them without problems.

Comment

Thank you for explaining the logic behind the suggested guide.

Thank you for letting me know the "improper" bug is already known.

Just FYI: The WoW API has the means to return a list of all completed quests which are then available via GetQuestsCompleted(). Zygor already uses this to skip quests in a guide. Matching this table against another table of quests included in a guide would be a trivial task.

Comment

I know about the list of completed quests. But the problem with this is that the guide viewer would have to build up tables of the quests inside each guide while running. Otherwise a list of quests has to be supplied with each guide making changes to the guide more difficult.
        Remember there are thousands of quests in the guides.
        And the Zygor team just reduced the memory usage of the guides drastically

Another solution would be that the guide simply counts quests done while playing the guide. This would reduce memory usage but if guides or guide names change the stored information becomes obsolete. Also everything stored in files is only available on one computer.

Normally there's no problem with the suggestions as they are pretty small portions and if you are finished with a guide you outleveled it and therefore it does not get suggested again.

Comment

Working...
        X