LUA ERROR, message from ” GUIDE STEP DISPLAY”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUA ERROR, message from ” GUIDE STEP DISPLAY”

Below is a LUA ERROR, message I receive when I press on the ” GUIDE STEP, which in under the, ZYGOR GUIDE VIEWER. I removed all my plugins one bye one, to see what one was causing this. This is the end result, all my plugins have now been removed and the only differences is the LUA ERROR print out is smaller, but still popping up. I also tried removing and then reloading Zygor. No luck.

This happened all of a sudden. No new plugins, no changes to the system.

I’m not sure if this is related to an issue I seem to be having with the Zygor System, now and then. Zygor will show a quest and when you complete it, then it will not release it, so you can continue on. Only by manually moving the quests display backward and forward (to future quests & past quests) a number of times does it, UNFREEZE and let you continue.

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:664 : attempt to index local 'rgba' (a nil value)
    Time: 04/10/11 22:40:46
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:664 : in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:66 3>
    (tail call): ?
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:251: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:199>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1277: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1052>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1559: in function `FeedGroup'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1839: in function `Open'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1867: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1865>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
    ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:20: in function <...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:19>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:28: in function `InterfaceOptionsList_DisplayPanel'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:46: in function `InterfaceOptionsListButton_OnClick'
    [string "*:OnClick"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: <none>1

The error you get seems to happen occasionally but it is not known what causes this.
    You can try deleting the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua from the WTF\Account\Accountname folder to reset all the guide settings.

The other thing you mention with the guide freezing, does this happen when you are near the end of the guide and do you get a lua error related to step.lua? I was seeing this now with two guides and this seems to happen more often. But as I mentioned it seems to happen only when you are a few steps from the end of a guide.

I'm moving this thread to the general viewer bugs section as it fits better there.

Comment

Thank you for youe quick responce.

In answere to your questions:

The second time I experienced “QUEST FREEZE”, was at:
      Burning Steppes (50-52)

Zygor Menue:
      Burning Steppes 46.64
      Talk to: John J. Keeshan
      Accept: General Thorg’ Izog

When the Guide clicks over to the next screen, it shows 7 drop downs that basically say:
      Wear your BlackRock Orc Disquise.
      These should have turned “GREEN” but for some reason were still “RED”.
      This was the point of “QuestFreeze”.

Only by moving the Zygor Quests to future and past episodes (back & forth) was I unable Un-Freeze it.

I did not notice any Lua pop-ups

This was towards the end of completing all quests for this section: Burning Steppes (50-52).

I have now moved onto: Swamp of Sorrows (52-55)

The first “Quest Freeze” I experienced was very similar. It was also on “Burning Steppes” but I have forgotten the location.

Comment

I looked up the step you mentioned and I think there's some bug in this particular step. It looks like this:
        step //51
        'Use your Blackrock Disguise |use Blackrock Disguise##63357
        .' You will get a different disguise, depending on the costume you had to make:
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Orc_Male |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Orc_Female |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Troll_Male |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Troll_Female |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Goblin_Male |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Goblin_Femal e |q 28265 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Ogre Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Reputation_Ogre |q 28265 |or
        The other step you encountered was most likely this:
        step //36
        'Use your Blackrock Disguise |use Blackrock Disguise##63357
        .' You will get a different disguise, depending on the costume you had to make:
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Orc_Male |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Orc_Female |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Troll_Male |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Troll_Female |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Goblin_Male |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Orc Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Character_Goblin_Femal e |q 28239 |or
        .' Wear your Blackrock Ogre Disguise |havebuff Interface\Icons\Achievement_Reputation_Ogre |q 28239 |or
        Maybe the mechanic to determine that you have the buff does not work. This should be looked into and has nothing to do with the lua error.

As I mentioned before the options lua error may be caused by false settings in the guide's options file. I never changed something with the colors and never got this error. Deleting the ZygorGuidesViewr.lua in the WTF folder may solve this as it resets all guide settings (also the selected guides for your characters will be forgotten so you'll have to select the guide you used and fast forward through it afterwards).

Comment

We will have to test this area as we have never run into this problem either. Thanks for the information.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
          X