Problem with character and pet talent selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with character and pet talent selection

I just recently purchased your great guide and am having a problem with both my character build and pet builds. I can select a build for my character and when I log and come back it's not selected. The problem I am having with my pet builds is I cannot select a build at all when I try it just sits at select build. I even tried unlearnig pet talents and then tried selecting a build and still a no go. Any help would be appreciated.

There is currently a known problem with the pet builds so that's probably what you're seeing there. The team are trying to figure it out.

For your problem with the talent spec not being remembered, there used to be a problem like this but it had been fixed a while ago. Make sure the guides are updated to the latest and try disabling all other addons to see if it will remember what build you choose.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      There is currently a known problem with the pet builds so that's probably what you're seeing there. The team are trying to figure it out.

For your problem with the talent spec not being remembered, there used to be a problem like this but it had been fixed a while ago. Make sure the guides are updated to the latest and try disabling all other addons to see if it will remember what build you choose.
      I tried disabling all other addons and it still is not remembered, in fact that's the first thing I tried lol.

Comment

Sometimes the operating system can mess with writing to files. What is the OS you're using and the directory path to your WoW/WTF directory?

Comment

Sometimes the operating system can mess with writing to files. What is the OS you're using and the directory path to your WoW/WTF directory?

I am using Vista and the path is public/games/world of warcraft/WTF

Ok found out something interesting the tenacity build is selectable for my turtle but when I try to select ferocity for my cat or wolf it won't select and I get this lua error:

Message: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:1662: attempt to index local 'pettype_en' (a nil value)
          Time: 04/30/11 15:48:29
          Count: 6
          Stack: (tail call): ?
          ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:1662: in function `SetCurrentBuild'
          ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:396: in function <...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdv is or.lua:396>
          (tail call): ?
          [C]: ?
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
          ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:798: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:613>
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
          Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
          ...ns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:439: in function <...ns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:430>
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
          Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
          ...3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:351: in function <...3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:341>

Locals: <none>

Comment

Ok, since it's in the Public folder then there shouldn't be any issues with Vista trying to keep the files from being updated with the talent spec choices.

My only other suggestion would be to go into the WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and renaming/deleting the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file to 'reset' the talent advisor and see if it would start to remember you spec choice then. Of course this still won't work for the pets atm until the team can figure out what's going on there.

Comment

Ok, since it's in the Public folder then there shouldn't be any issues with Vista trying to keep the files from being updated with the talent spec choices.

My only other suggestion would be to go into the WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and renaming/deleting the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file to 'reset' the talent advisor and see if it would start to remember you spec choice then. Of course this still won't work for the pets atm until the team can figure out what's going on there.
              Yeah really strange when I use the tenacity build on my turtle and I log out my character build is still there when I come back, but when I use one of my cats or dogs and try to select the ferocity build it will not select it and when I logout and come back my character build is deselected.

Comment

Sounds like it's tied in with the screwy pet builds then. You're the first person to mention this happening in this manner, but it's possible the others having pet build issues are experiencing the same thing but didn't mention it when submitting the bug report on the pet builds. Hopefully once the team figure out the pet build issues it will also solve the character build not being remembered.

Comment

I've noticed in my case that the character build not being selected only seems to be cosmetic - when it comes to the next talent point it does actually remember which build you are.

The only issue I'm having now is the ferocity pet build not loading, which Zygor is already aware of.

Comment

Working...
                  X