This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

addon not loading

I can't see the guide in the game. It isn't in my interface anywhere or on my minimap and I don't know how to bring it back up. I have deleted the addon and reinstalled it and still nothing. Also I have deleted my cache and nothing either. It works on my desktop computer but not my laptop. I dont know how to get the interface to work. Please help because I want to use it and paid for it for a reason

At the character select screen click the Addons button in the bottom left. Make sure you have the 'Load out of date Addons' box checked on the top right of the Addons screen and also make sure it's checked in the listing.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      At the character select screen click the Addons button in the bottom left. Make sure you have the 'Load out of date Addons' box checked on the top right of the Addons screen and also make sure it's checked in the listing.
      I already did this and it still does the same thing which is nothing. my addon manager says its running but i don't see it anywhere

Comment

When in game, if you press the escape key to bring up the main menu, click Interface, and then click the Addons tab do you see the options for the guides? If the options are there then you should be able to use the options to display the guides and the mini map button. Sorry, off hand I forget exactly which section of the options they are in and I'm not able to log in right now to look.

Comment

Someone had the problem of a disappearing Zygor minimap button. So if you have the options ingame like Cabby said but don't have the minimap button you can assign a key to the guide to show / hide it in the standard keyboard configuration of WoW. Just look for the Zygor section there.

Comment

I don't see it in the interface under addons either. I don't get it cuz my addon manager shows me it running and how much memory it is using even but i can't get to it. Is there a / command to open or view the guide? or something to open the options up?

Comment

That's very odd. If it was running then it would be in the Interface under Addons for you to adjust options. I am not aware of any / commands for the guides. Check your Keybindings for a Zygor section at the bottom. If it's there then you should be able to setup a keybinding to show the window. If it's not there then I'd be inclined to say that your addon manager is showing false information.

Comment

K now I might sound stupid but how do I check the keybindings for zygor?

Comment

Press escape to bring up the main menu in WoW and there should be an option there for Keybindings. The stuff for Zygor will normally be near the bottom.

Comment

k found the keybinding on my own and assigned it and when I pushed the opener guide key that I binded I got this error message:

Message: [string "ZYGORGUIDES_OPENGUIDE"]:1: attempt to index global 'ZygorGuidesViewer' (a nil value)
                    Time: 05/05/11 23:48:46
                    Count: 1
                    Stack: [string "ZYGORGUIDES_OPENGUIDE"]:1: in function <[string "ZYGORGUIDES_OPENGUIDE"]:1>

Locals: keystate = "down"
                    pressure = 1
                    angle = -1
                    precision = 0
                    (*temporary) = nil
                    (*temporary) = nil
                    (*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'ZygorGuidesViewer' (a nil value)"

What does this mean is wrong?

Comment

It sounds like something isn't installed right or there's something corrupted. Now I know you said you deleted the Zygor stuff and re-installed but try this.

Go into your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the 4 files that start with Zygor. Then go into your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the 2 Zygor folders. After doing this run the Updater to do a fresh install of the Zygor stuff. Don't forget to double check the Updater Settings to make sure it's being installed into the correct directory and that you have your Zygor website username and password in the proper boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        It sounds like something isn't installed right or there's something corrupted. Now I know you said you deleted the Zygor stuff and re-installed but try this.

Go into your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the 4 files that start with Zygor. Then go into your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the 2 Zygor folders. After doing this run the Updater to do a fresh install of the Zygor stuff. Don't forget to double check the Updater Settings to make sure it's being installed into the correct directory and that you have your Zygor website username and password in the proper boxes.
                        Thank You that finally fixed it and now I can use my guides again =)

Comment

Glad to hear it's finally fixed. I'm going to close this thread so it's 'marked' as resolved. If you have any more problems with anything in the future please don't hesitate to post.

Comment

Working...
                          X