Installer not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer not working!

I have had zygor guides for a while now and today I went to update the guide and it would not let me. I did a repair and removed the guide and now when I click install it starts for a second and the install button lights up again. I can hit it over and over and it will not install. I have bit defender security and turned it off and still it won't work. Any ideas why I can't download it?

Originally posted by hodsintegra23 View Post
    I have had zygor guides for a while now and today I went to update the guide and it would not let me. I did a repair and removed the guide and now when I click install it starts for a second and the install button lights up again. I can hit it over and over and it will not install. I have bit defender security and turned it off and still it won't work. Any ideas why I can't download it?
    Please make sure something didnt happen that wiped out your user name and password.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I am able to login just fine, is there some way to check if it got wiped out?

Comment

I am able to login just fine, is there some way to check if it got wiped out?
        This is driving me nuts, I just want to use the guide and have tried everything I can think of.

Comment

This is driving me nuts, I just want to use the guide and have tried everything I can think of.
          I've turned off BitDefender, downloaded .Net, ran as admin, I'm out of ideas. Please help me get this going.

Comment

Not log in to the site. Make sure your username and password are in the updaters settings menu. If you have any special characters like %$#@! you need to remove them by changing it in the member's area. Also this new update seems to have changed the directory path that the guide installs to for some people. Check in the settings menu to see if this has affected you also.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you have problems with the updater you can always download the manual installation zip file from the members section and extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                If you have problems with the updater you can always download the manual installation zip file from the members section and extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder.
                Still doesn't work, I've tried everything I've read on this site. Why is it so hard to get this to work? You pay $50 for a product that won't even work, quality.

Comment

It sounds like Bit Defender is still in the way of the problem. Make sure you aren't just putting in an exception since it does not recognize our product. This has been a known problem with them for awhile and were not sure why it see's our Guide as a threat.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                    It sounds like Bit Defender is still in the way of the problem. Make sure you aren't just putting in an exception since it does not recognize our product. This has been a known problem with them for awhile and were not sure why it see's our Guide as a threat.
                    I have turned off the firewall, anti spam, anti virus, and many others. Do I need to delete the entire software program in order for this to work?

Comment

I have turned off the firewall, anti spam, anti virus, and many others. Do I need to delete the entire software program in order for this to work?
                      Is there someone I can call to get this figured out? I really want to use it.

Comment

You could try sending an email to zygor at zygorguides dot com and request a remote session. This would allow Zygor to remotely connect to your system so he can see exactly what's going on and 99% of the time he's able to get stuff working for people like this.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you extract the zip file into the WoW\Interface\Addons folder and the guide does not show up in the game you have it either deactivated (click addons in the character selection screen) or you use the wrong addons folder.
                          Depending on your Windows version it may be either in the WoW installation directory or somewhere inside the Users\Public folder.
                          If you found the addons folder make sure the settings in the Zygor updater are correct.

Comment

Actually, I cant get it to work either. I'm on a Mac using the latest snow leopard. I can install the program itself just fine, but when I hit the update button, it just stands there for ages telling me that it updates, though it doesnt update. My username and password are all correct.

Comment

Just checking, make sure your password doesn't contain any special characters (!@#$%^&*) etc. because the Updater doesn't always like them. If you do have any in your password log into the Members area here to change it to just letters and numbers and that should fix it.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X