Paladin Retribution talent build not allowed in latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paladin Retribution talent build not allowed in latest update

I'm dual-spec'd for Protection and Retribution. Got a new talent point so went in and tried to apply it, got the message "This talent build is broken and not usable. Unknown talent "Sacred Shield" at line 29."
    Then, since I've made mistakes before, I spent 13G to "Relearn my talents", and got the same message.

Any ideas/fixes?

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post61036 Post number 19 by Cartman.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, but not being able to open a .lua file in Windows makes this marginally helpful. I feel like someone's dangling a donut for me on the other side of a sheet of glass.

So I went looking, and found a program that will happily help me open and fix a .lua extension file, and it would only cost me $30.

Anyone wanna guess what I told them to do with their program?

OK, thanks be to Google, found out how to do it. Feel free to ignore the sarcasm.

Well, changing the file to read "Rebuke" in place of "Sacred Shield" didn't change anything in the Ret tree, nor did it allow the guide to recommend where the new point should be placed, BUT, it did allow me to add a point to "Sacred Shield", so I guess that's an improvement, sort of.

Comment

In the register file change Rebuke to Sacred Shield and it fixes the problem.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can open lua files with any text editor like notepad. If you doubleclick an unknown file you can chose which program you want to use to open it.
          If you are looking for a good and free text editor try this:
          http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
          This program integrates into the shell so you can open any file with it by rightclicking it and selecting "open with notepad++".

Did you change Sacred Shield to Rebuke in the builds file? Then you did the wrong change. You have to replace Rebuke with Sacred Shield in the registering file.

Comment

Originally posted by psyktek View Post
            Thanks, but not being able to open a .lua file in Windows makes this marginally helpful. I feel like someone's dangling a donut for me on the other side of a sheet of glass.

So I went looking, and found a program that will happily help me open and fix a .lua extension file, and it would only cost me $30.

Anyone wanna guess what I told them to do with their program?
            SNIP
            I waisted about 40 gold messing with this OS X wants to open that LUA file with Terminal (that is to say it attempts to run it I had to force it to use text edit to make the fix... why do not simple errors like this get fixed quickly? when Zygor started if you reported something simple like this it was fixed overnight most of the time Each day before I launch WoW I run the Zygor updater to check for changes (and this week we have had 2 of them and the part at the top of the updater did not say what was changed BTW) and then run curse client so it seems like these could return to instant fix status

Comment

The top of the Updater just displays links to the posts in the Announcements forum. If you want to see updates/changes made click the Log button.

As for the changes being not done, the team thought that they were put into this latest release but apparently they weren't.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Maybe this monday was bank holiday in the US?
                The guide with the errors came out on friday and the Zygor team were out of office for the weekend, that's why the latest update came out yesterday.
                Currently they are still working on the talent builds as some are still a bit messed up (tank warrior and DK).

Comment

Yes, these changes are being made and unfortunately we found a couple more that we want to have fixed before we fully release another update. We will have one within a day or two with lots more fixes. Also, monday was Memorial Day Cartman. Remember our fallen heroes here in the U.S.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                  X