No announcement yet.

A personal wish pertaining to User's guide and forum accounts passwords formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A personal wish pertaining to User's guide and forum accounts passwords formats

I believe it was Cabby who wrote the following as a reply to someone's topic issue.
    Also, if your password contains any special characters (!@#$%^&*), etc., this will sometimes cause a problem. To fix it log into the Members Area and change your password to something with just letters and numbers and then change it in the Updater to try again.
    After reading it, I was reminded once again, that I have always wished that this forum software and the Zygor Guides passwords formats could be updated/modified to allow use of special characters in our passwords. It offers much more security than using merely alpha/numerics in the passwords.

I'm writing this and hoping that this issue can be added to the "Wish List."

It used to be able to do that but sometime around a month to 2 months before cata release it wasn't working anymore. I'm sure Zygor will eventually fix it but getting the bugs out of the guide is a bigger priority.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yeah, the special characters work fine for the forums. It's just the Zygor Updater sometimes has problems handling those special characters. As Chaos said, it was all working fine up to right around Cata and then some users started experiencing problems with their Updater and once they changed to a password with no special characters then their updater worked again.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
      X