Loremaster Guide: Bloodmyst Isle Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loremaster Guide: Bloodmyst Isle Errors

To preface this, my toon is a L85 Warrior. I started doing the Loremaster guides and today discovered once I got over to Kalimdor that post-Cataclysm all of the quests I'd done in Kalimdor pre-Cataclysm had been wiped, as if I'd never been to Kalimdor. It was pretty much the same story for Outland and Northrend. The only continent that didn't take a beating on the update to Cataclysm was EK. After doing some checking today I found out that I'm not the only one who had completed quests wiped and set to being never done. Whatever the case, it's making the Loremaster achievement a real PITA to do now. Anyway....

In Step 49 of the Bloodmyst guide at 'Vindicator Boros' you're instructed to turn in 'Irradiated Crystal Shards" (this becomes a daily quest with Boros) and then to accept 'Intercepting the Message". The problem is that the quest 'Intercepting the Message' is never offered. I don't know if this is happening because of this NPC also being a daily quest giver. This has made it impossible for me to finish the zone as it leaves me 9 quests short of the required 70 completed quests. I was under the impression that 'Blood Watch' was the only pre-reg for 'Intercepting the Message', but now I'm betting that there's at least one other pre-req, and it's probably a quest on Azuremyst. I noticed this guide in the very first few Steps had me go back to Azuremyst to do some pre-reqs, notably to the Admiral. Other than fixing this step, I'd really, REALLY, appreciate it if someone would let me know if there's another pre-req to this quest, and if so, what in heck is it! Checking on Wowhead hasn't turned up an answer for me. As a note, after looking at quests still left to be done with Quest Completist (15 of them) I noticed that at least one other had Azuremyst pre-reqs (Saving Princess Stillpine) that probably could have profited from being included in the Bloodmyst guide just because of problems like this.

Lastly, I don't remember the Step number but 'Defender Sorli' is no longer the quest giver for the quests 'Fouled Water Spirits' and 'Oh, the Tangled Webs They Weave'. The new quest giver is 'Defender Adrielle' and she is located at 51,52 BEHIND the structure that houses Harbinger Mikolaas and Exarch Admetius.

Another question related to the Loremaster guides...

When I finished up the EK Loremaster guides, in the Swamp of Sorrows I think, I was sent to Kalimdor and routed directly to Winterspring, picking up new flight paths along the way. Why was I directly sent to Winterspring, bypassing lower level zones like Bloodmyst, Dark Shore, and Ashenvale, all of which definitely have a ton of undone quests (as in all of them thanks to a less than perfect Cataclysm update)? I ask because I also noticed that the EK Loremaster guides routing wasn't exactly in zone levels order either. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it's escaping me.

I'll try to answer your last question as I haven't done anything on Bloodmyst to be able to attempt to answer those questions.

The Loremaster guide relies heavily on the Leveling guides. Most of the Loremaster guides are just links to the relevant zone guide in the Leveling guides. Because of this when that Leveling zone guide is loaded it also pays attention to what the next guide is for leveling after that zone. This would be why at the end of that zone it sent you over to Winterspring. Winterspring is one of the last zones to be done for leveling before heading to Outlands and is used by both Horde and Alliance Leveling guides. There are actually very few guides for the Loremaster section simply because most of the zones are covered in the regular Leveling guides and 99% of those contain enough quests to get a player the achievement for that zone.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Coasty, for the Bloodmyst Isle, we just ran throught this and had no problem acceting the quest "Intercepting the Message" on a brand new character by following the Guide. We updated this section a couple weeks ago, so make sure you are using the most up to date copy and did not skip quests in the 12-20 zone. You do not even have to do the previous zone to get this. If you have Auto Turnin and Auto Accept on than you will manually need to accept this quest as he also offers a Daily that is in front of this particular quest.

Our Loremaster quests are not tied together for the Achievement the same way our normal questing is. If you need Loremaster for any particular zone than just click on the zone you want (or that is near by) and start questing. Hope this helps.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

OK, well, much as I hate to admit it, today I did what I should have done last night, namely look at my addons and see if one of them could be the problem.

It didn't take long for a light bulb to click on, and say 'DOH, You Dummy'!!! When I clicked on Boros today to check things out again the normal quest window popped up for a split second just before his daily quest window came up (must of had a fortunate quick moment of lag). That immediately pointed me to the addon "Daily Grind", which fortunately had a fix mechanism just for occurrences just like this. So, problem solved.

I should of done this yesterday before bugging you guys. MEA CULPA!!!

Anyway, if the subject ever comes up again, if you're using an addon like Daily Grind to quickly squirrel through accepting and turning in dailies, it should be the first one to look at.

Comment

Working...
        X