Talent Guide (for v3.1.2388) not loading or working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Guide (for v3.1.2388) not loading or working

Hello, the Talent Advisor does not appear when I attempt to view the Talent Trees. Unfortunately I already clicked unlearn.

Update your guide to version 2390 and / or check the "load outdated addons" box in the addons selection in the WoW character selection screen.

Comment

I am using v.2390, have deleted and reinstalled, cleared my saved variables, and loading out-of-date addons is checked, but the Talent Advisor will not load. These are the errors I'm getting, in order (via Bugsack):

1x ZygorTalentAdvisor-2.0.240.2389\ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua:45: attempt to call method 'RegisterAddon' (a nil value)
      (tail call): ?:
      <in C code>: ?
      <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
      AceAddon-3.0-10 (DataStore):514: in function `InitializeAddon'
      AceAddon-3.0-10 (DataStore):628: in function <...\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
      ---------------------
      1x ZygorTalentAdvisor-2.0.240.2389\ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua:147: attempt to index field '_DebugLog' (a nil value)
      <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
      AceAddon-3.0-10 (DataStore):543: in function `EnableAddon'
      AceAddon-3.0-10 (DataStore):635: in function <...\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
      <in C code>: in function `LoadAddOn'
      Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:259: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn':
      Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:282: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI':
      Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:558: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:531>:
      --------------------
      1x ZygorTalentAdvisor-2.0.240.2389\Events.lua:37: attempt to call method 'Debug' (a nil value)
      CallbackHandler-1.0-6:147: in function <...ore\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
      <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
      <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function `?'
      CallbackHandler-1.0-6:92: in function `Fire'
      AceEvent-3.0-3 (DataStore):120: in function <...\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
      --------------------
      2x ZygorTalentAdvisor-2.0.240.2389\ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua:57: attempt to call method 'Debug' (a nil value)
      <in C code>: in function `ToggleTalentFrame'
      <string>:"TOGGLETALENTS":1: in function <[string "TOGGLETALENTS"]:1>
      --------------------

HELP!!
      Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Comment

As Altoholic (the Ace3 libs get loaded from there) has not been updated maybe outdated Ace libraries get loaded.
        Try installing Ace3 as a separate addon or disable all addons except Zygor's.
        You can get Ace3 here:
        http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/
        Simply extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder.

Comment

KK, it _is_ one of my addons, unfortunately I'm an addon junkie so it'll take a while to track down which ones. I'll send an update when I determine what it is...
          Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Comment

Datastore a part of Altoholic just got updated today. Update it and see if the problem goes away. If not disable all other addons and see if the problem goes away.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also Altoholic just updated a few minutes ago. So update that and the Datastore it should most likely fix your problem.
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

OK, guys, the offending addon seems to be Bison, which has not been updated yet, and which there are alternatives

Thanks so much to everyone that helped- this is quite a nice community! And Zygor rulez (heh) :P

Comment

Duh- *for which

Comment

Working...
                  X